Other Resources My Cup of Joe » The Ridge Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, the bear, DerekL, alicefoeller Reply
2014-10-10 2:27 PM

User image

Oakville
Subject: The Ridge

Apologies if this has been posted already - some really cool mountain biking on the Isle of Skye:

The Ridge

I have a healthy fear of heights and the scenes at 3:43, 4:30 and 5:03 made my heart race at little bit.

2014-10-10 3:25 PM
in reply to: Scott71

User image

Deep in the Heart of Texas
Subject: RE: The Ridge

Wow!  I'd be afraid to walk in many of the places he was riding.

2014-10-16 6:56 PM
in reply to: Scott71

User image

Veteran
Calgary
Subject: RE: The Ridge
Maybe I am overthinking this - I'd be interested to know what others think.

I have enjoyed all of Danny Macaskill's videos.
But I wonder if this crosses a line to move beyond risky, and into death defying. (A term that is used by every web site that links or refers to this video.) I recently listened to an interview on a local radio show with a "big mountain skier". The topic of discussion was the death of another skier in an avalanche in Chile. The skier that was being interviewed got out of the professional skiing business a few years ago because of the injuries and constant toll on his body. He talked about the pressure on skiers (by sponsors, movie producers, peers, personal ego or whatever) to keep producing bigger, better and more dangerous feats.

Big mountain skiing deaths are not uncommon - I'd hate to see similar pressures cause more accidents and deaths among talented young cyclists. I shared "The Ridge" on Facebook but in the future I doubt that I will share or promote videos that glorify death defying stunts.

Don
New Thread
Other Resources My Cup of Joe » The Ridge Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

Blue Ridge Parkway...long..lots o' pics

Started by ride_like_u_stole_it
Views: 600 Posts: 13

2008-07-28 3:03 PM tri42

End Blue Ridge Parkway 2 end

Started by ride_like_u_stole_it
Views: 464 Posts: 8

2007-11-29 3:34 PM spokes