Other Resources My Cup of Joe » Studies that show short-term benefits of running? Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, the bear, DerekL, alicefoeller Reply
2014-10-12 5:34 PM

User image

, Colorado
Subject: Studies that show short-term benefits of running?
I figured this was the best topic to post under.

I'm writing a paper on the benefits of running, and I need to use legitimate studies.

My main points are: short term physical benefits, long term physical benefits, mental benefits, and then my counter argument/risks of running.

I've found studies for everything except short term physical benefits. I know they exist. I know (I suppose I don't, without any studies) that your body essentially becomes more efficient. Your bones become more dense, your body becomes better at using oxygen/carbs/etc. Your muscles get stronger and more coordinated with your brain. etc etc etc I could go on for ages. - You can find this on a million fitness sites.

BUT, I seriously can't find any studies that show this. I'm trying to steer clear of mental benefits, since that's a topic in itself. All I have is a questionnaire of about 80% of smokers quitting, and some weird study on hemoglobin I need a translator for.

This doesn't have to do with anything, but I read an entire study on participants running on a treadmill with catheters and rectal thermometers for 30 minutes at a time and realized a little cramp in my run is nothing.
New Thread
Other Resources My Cup of Joe » Studies that show short-term benefits of running? Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

Scientific Study Shows....

Started by ubersteiny
Views: 1119 Posts: 12

2011-11-25 10:16 AM BrianRunsPhilly

Show us your ride/run! Pages: 1 2 3 4

Started by Kido
Views: 7615 Posts: 81

2010-07-15 9:38 AM jhornebx

Glad I got a short run in

Started by abqtj
Views: 865 Posts: 4

2010-04-30 10:06 PM COSkiGirl

Terrible shows you watched because your SO watched shows you watched because your SO watched

Started by graceful_dave
Views: 1585 Posts: 25

2008-12-19 9:01 AM hamiltks10

Study shows TdF cyclists have much bigger hearts

Started by Spokes
Views: 447 Posts: 3

2007-09-05 8:44 AM dave699