General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » Hello from northern Virginia Rss Feed  
Moderators: IndoIronYanti, k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2014-10-12 8:45 PM

User image

Subject: Hello from northern Virginia
61yr old looking to run sprint or Olympic tri in 2015.would enjoy talking to anyone close to my age and exchanging ideas or
Training if in same area.

2014-10-12 8:50 PM
in reply to: TomcatW1

User image

Subject: RE: Hello from northern Virginia
Originally posted by TomcatW1

61yr old looking to run sprint or Olympic tri in 2015.would enjoy talking to anyone close to my age and exchanging ideas or
Training if in same area.

hi tom - make sure you check out the state forum - I think the VA one is fairly popular, we have lots of races in the area - i'm from MD, but race in VA quite often. Check-out setupevents.com - they have a local triathlon series that is well run with races all over the state
2014-10-14 1:11 PM
in reply to: TomcatW1

User image

Expert
Falls Church
Subject: RE: Hello from northern Virginia

Originally posted by TomcatW1 61yr old looking to run sprint or Olympic tri in 2015.would enjoy talking to anyone close to my age and exchanging ideas or Training if in same area.

Not sure where you are in NoVA but you might want to check out the Tri360 shop in Falls Church.  They sponsor a no-drop group ride every Saturday morning all year long.  It is about 22 miles of Arlington hills.  Very challenging ride.  It never really gets easier -- you just get faster.  This weekend they are featuring a yoga class after the ride.  There are folks of all ages.  I believe there are some fellows around your age.  I've been riding with them since last November.

They also sponsor a tri team too -- Team Tri360.  

Hope this helps.

New Thread
General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » Hello from northern Virginia Rss Feed