General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Shopping for a new bike! Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2014-10-13 5:32 PM

Subject: Shopping for a new bike!
Hi all!

I currently have a 87 old Schwinn road bike, which was given to me. I was able to finish my first sprint triathlon over the summer on it. I defiantly want to continue my triathlon training and eventually make it to an iornman. First I thought I would need to buy a new bike. My budget is about $700. I was looking at a khs woman's flight 150 at my local bike shop. Any advise on what bikes to get or stay away from, anything would help!

Thanks,
Nicole

2014-10-13 11:46 PM
in reply to: #5059497

User image

Iowa City, Iowa
Subject: RE: Shopping for a new bike!
I would keep an eye I your local craigslist for used bikes in your price range. I'm not in the market right now but I follow it to keep in the loop and there are always good deals near your price point. Enjoy looking for your new bike, I'm jealous!
2014-10-14 7:07 AM
in reply to: Nikki127

User image

Veteran
Sykesville, MD

Hi Nicole. 

Congrats on completing your first triathlon! Our business (a bit like carmax...) focuses on unused, late model, and used road and triathlon bikes. We buy, sell, and trade them every day all over the world. We have bikes from $300 to much more expensive!

We have a thread in the classifieds on here, but you can check out most of our inventory at www.mybikeshop.com.

We also always have some bikes available that are not listed yet. Feel free to PM me to chat, check the site, or email direct at [email protected]

thanks!

brian

2014-11-08 1:19 PM

User image

Visit you local bike shops and see what they can offer you. You can get a decent aluminum bike for about $700, especially look for last year's models that bike shops are looking to get rid of. I got my Cannondale CAAD8 for $730 out the door because my local bike shop had it on sale.
2014-11-08 1:27 PM

User image

Veteran
Sykesville, MD

Hi there! We sell used, late model, and demo road and TT bikes every day. Check us out at www.mybikeshop.com - we have been an official bike shop for Ironman, Irongirl and the Columbia triathlon, one of the oldest running races in the county. We have also partnered with the Ulman Cancerfund for Young Adults. 

We buy, sell, and take trade-ins of all kinds of bikes and gear. We ship everywhere and offer a 30-Day Guarantee on all of our bikes. Ride it, love, it, or don't, and we will take it back on our dime. 

We do have a few bikes that are under $1000 and even under $700 that you could check out. Let me know if you have any questions and good luck!

thanks.

brian

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Shopping for a new bike! Rss Feed