General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Need a goal, this comeback keeps stalling Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2014-10-14 10:24 AM

User image

Veteran
Chesapeake, VA
Subject: Need a goal, this comeback keeps stalling
Hey gang,
So I've been on a "return to racing" plan (after my IM) for almost 3 years now but keep blowing it. Either loss of focus, mismanagement of schedule or injury due to being in a hurry to get back into racing shape. I'm thinking now to just commit to a HIM this summer so I can have a fixed schedule to work off of and the pressure to not screw up the training due to investment in the race fee. (after so many false-starts, I'm looking to try a little tough-love motivation here).
That being said would appreciate some thoughts/opinions on HIM Raleigh (May 31) or Eagleman 70.3 (Jun 14). (with possible B2B half or full in Oct). These races are within my affordable travel radius and should give me enough time between now and then to get up to speed, so to speak.
Thoughts?
Much thanks.

2014-10-14 1:46 PM
in reply to: mikerunkle

User image

Master
Toronto
Bronze member
Subject: RE: Need a goal, this comeback keeps stalling

Have you been maintaining any training over the last while? What about some shorter races just to get your volume going?? A HIM is a big commitment and next June is a while away.  What about a mid-winter, early spring half marathon or even a new year's 10k??  It's a lot easier to get going when you have some base in at least one or two of the sports ... 

Can you throw down say a 10k challenge to some friends with something at stake?? Would that motivate you?? 

I don't know much about the 70.3 races you've asked about. Had a friend do Raleigh but she didn't say much about the course.  And Eagleman, I don't know, but i seem to recall discussion here that the swim is often non-wetsuit and warm conditions. But i suppose that's common for the area. 

2014-10-14 3:22 PM
in reply to: mikerunkle

User image

Master
Subject: RE: Need a goal, this comeback keeps stalling
Always helps me to commit cold, hard cash! Sign up for a race.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Need a goal, this comeback keeps stalling Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

I need some comebacks! Pages: 1 2

Started by MarkPalm
Views: 2299 Posts: 32

2013-11-13 11:55 PM Trbilbao

Thinking about a comeback - need some inspiration

Started by scott
Views: 1976 Posts: 21

2013-08-19 6:04 AM matcrawf

Keep your goals to yourself

Started by Asalzwed
Views: 2007 Posts: 13

2013-06-03 8:09 PM switch

I Need help with Goals

Started by CBarnes
Views: 772 Posts: 10

2007-01-19 8:25 PM MikeJ

Help Needed- Finding Tris, Setting Goals!

Started by Miko
Views: 458 Posts: 3

2005-07-28 12:13 PM Martinivixen
RELATED ARTICLES
date : September 9, 2010
author : jasongootman
comments : 0
From simple time-trial testing or past performance, you can appropriately set your race goals for your upcoming races.

date : May 19, 2010
author : Team BT
comments : 1
Use this redesigned feature of your training logs to keep track of your time and mileage on all of your gear including shoes, bikes, tires, clothes, etc.
date : April 8, 2010
author : Team BT
Create goals to help you train and lose weight. Our logger will automatically update your goals.

date : February 7, 2008
author : Tri Swim Coach
comments : 4
Is it good to listen to music while lap swimming? Are there any devices to help you keep track of your laps?
date : March 20, 2007
author : Ontherun
comments : 1
Making goals achievable is an important part of reaching our end goal. Also, having a bar that is set high is important, so we are always striving for something better.

date : September 4, 2006
author : Tri Swim Coach
Discussions on leg dragging, swimming with fins, body rotation, keeping the elbow up, kicking benefits and stroke length.