General Discussion Triathlon Talk » BETTY DESIGN GEAR Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2014-10-22 8:37 AM

User image

Regular
Akron
Subject: BETTY DESIGN GEAR
Has anyone wore their gear for longer distance? Just curious about the cycling shorts and top. Do they run small and is the chamois in the cycling short very thick?

Do the tri tanks come with bigger pockets? Hard to tell on their photos

2014-10-22 11:47 AM
in reply to: SEADOCHA

User image

Champion
Austin, Texas
Subject: RE: BETTY DESIGN GEAR

Originally posted by SEADOCHA Has anyone wore their gear for longer distance? Just curious about the cycling shorts and top. Do they run small and is the chamois in the cycling short very thick? Do the tri tanks come with bigger pockets? Hard to tell on their photos

I've worn Betty gear for everything from sprints to IM distance!

The shorts DO tend to run small.  I'm a medium in all Pearl Izumi shorts, the tri shorts I bought at IMAZ, the whatever-other-brand-I-have-but-I-can't-remember-what-the-heck-it-is-right-now shorts... and got a large in the Betty shorts.  Tops are all over the map for me in terms of other manufacturers (small in Sugoi, XL in TYR), but I'm a solid medium in the tops.  There are 2 pockets on the back of the tri-top, big enough to hold my phone, keys, and nutrition.  

I can only speak to the chamois in the tri shorts and it is thin enough to not feel like you're wearing a diaper on the run, but thick enough to feel comfortable on the bike for 112 miles.  

If you're looking at getting some awesome Betty gear, let me know as I've got a discount code to get 10% off!    

2014-10-25 1:44 PM
in reply to: blueyedbikergirl

User image

Utah
I have worn Betty Gear, specifically their tri kit for up to a HIM distance and it was awesome. My favorite tri top as it the only one that doesn't chaffe for me, but I agree with what was said about sizing, order a size up on the shorts, but the tops are consistent.
2014-10-27 4:26 PM
in reply to: SEADOCHA

, Alabama
Hi I did a HIM in betty designs tri top and shorts. I love them but the shorts kept riding up on one leg. Tried them again for a sprint and had the same issue. This may be because the shorts run small and I did not go up a size when buying them.
2016-07-24 2:32 PM
in reply to: blueyedbikergirl

Hi Monica I am looking at Betty Design for I'm Maryland, what is your advice about that, do they run small? Also if you can give a discount that would be great. Thanks Christa
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » BETTY DESIGN GEAR Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

HELP!! LOST GEAR at IMWI

Started by Tri tri again
Views: 1752 Posts: 19

2006-09-19 7:24 AM BadgerIronMan

Bike gearing

Started by rmb8031
Views: 915 Posts: 10

2006-07-27 7:43 PM BadgerIronMan

IMFL Gearing Question

Started by Maine
Views: 1163 Posts: 12

2006-05-31 9:03 AM runnergirl29

ironman gear recommendations

Started by georgialaw
Views: 1460 Posts: 12

2006-02-15 9:57 AM Maine

Fixed-gear bikes

Started by skavoovie
Views: 955 Posts: 6

2005-08-17 7:38 AM ride_like_u_stole_it
RELATED ARTICLES
date : December 17, 2013
author : GaryRM
comments : 5
A mini-review of Profile Design's Tri Stryke saddle.

date : April 12, 2011
author : FitWerx
comments : 0
How should I be shifting gears on the front chainring and the rear cogs to cope with hills?
date : June 22, 2010
author : jasongootman
Design a triathlon race schedule with the right amount and right types of races to help you peak at the right time.

date : August 7, 2009
author : FitWerx
comments : 1
Would it be a simple and advisable to swap back and forth between the road seat post with no aero bars and the tri seat post with aero bars?
date : June 16, 2008
author : AMSSM
What are all these new funny-shaped saddles all about? Are they more comfortable than older designs? Will they keep me healthier so I can train on my bike longer? Should I change my saddle?

date : June 11, 2007
author : Ontherun
comments : 3
A brief history on aero bar evolution with a review on the bars that I own and love.
date : September 5, 2006
author : DominiqueL
comments : 12
When people think of hydration in the aero position, the first name that comes to mind is the Aerodrink from Profile Design. I was expecting a pretty quick and breezy review of this water bottle.

date : October 2, 2005
author : DominiqueL
Yes, the Dual is a little heavier than Cervèlo’s high end counterparts. But…the price is within reach of the masses and it still incorporates all of the design features that make a Cervèlo special.