General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Looking for a coach? My offer returns (Scholarship Offer) Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2014-10-22 9:08 AM

User image

Expert
Madison, Wisconsin
Subject: Looking for a coach? My offer returns (Scholarship Offer)
Hello BT!

The past couple of years here on BT around this time I posted looking for athletes to help me get my foot in the door, gain experience, and develop a one-on-one athlete coach relationship. I have been successful the past 2 years with a handful of BT forum members and am offering this offer here on BT for the final year, offering a coaching scholarship to any athletes interested.

I have decided to modify my offer this year and "pay it forward" to the BT community and bridge the gap of those that want to be coached, but cannot make the financial commitment or are have yet to be coached, etc. I am now offering a year of FREE coaching, only asking the athlete to invest a year of their time and energy into their best possible performances under my direction. I originally started this by looking for athletes interested in being coached and giving uncharged coaching to begin, I am now returning with the offer for one full year.

If this seems of interest to you I urge you send me a PM if you have any interest or questions (I'll send you the proper information) or check out the "coaching scholarship" tab on my website. I am always open to talk all things multi-sport and endurance.

If you want to know how this all started then you can refer back to my posts from this time the past couple of years.

Looking forward to hearing from the BT community.

Edited by bcagle25 2014-10-22 9:19 AM

2014-10-22 9:54 AM
in reply to: bcagle25

User image

Master
Crab Cake City
Subject: RE: Looking for a coach? My offer returns (Scholarship Offer)
Ben,

Thanks for doing this! You are a great resource on this site and whoever is selected is very lucky. I wish I could apply for this year but post IM, 2015 will be a scaled back year of racing.
2014-10-22 10:59 AM

User image

Ben - Thank you for the opportunity! I am stepping up to the half next year and have looked into coaching but it's not something I can justify spending the money on right now. My wife insists the kids orthodontic needs come first for some reason! I am working on my application now and hope to hear from you soon. I'm a big fan of paying things forward so kudos to you, regardless of whether or not I'm picked.
2014-10-22 11:26 AM
in reply to: Toefuzz

User image

Utah
Just sent in an application! Would be great to have someone guide me through my first Ironman next year, as this is total uncharted territory for me. Thanks for offering this!
2014-10-22 3:51 PM
in reply to: dmbfan4life20

User image

Expert
Madison, Wisconsin
Thanks all for the kind words. DMB put your name in the ring if you want still, just because you are racing less doesn't mean you are not a good candidate.
2014-10-22 9:29 PM
in reply to: #5062021

I sent you a PM. Thanks

2014-10-23 7:56 AM

Thats a great offer. I'm looking for a coach starting next month but really really need more of a beginner coach. Someone who can work with me more on swimming and running form/mechanics. I think that is my next step on my path to IM.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Looking for a coach? My offer returns (Scholarship Offer) Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

Looking for a coach? My offer returns

Started by bcagle25
Views: 642 Posts: 1

2013-10-04 10:24 AM bcagle25

Infinit Turns 3 offers FREE SHIPPING

Started by mkraus
Views: 963 Posts: 6

2007-08-22 7:48 AM mkraus

Free wind tunnel testing offered by Cervelo

Started by auto208562
Views: 449 Posts: 1

2007-04-30 2:03 PM auto208562

My Gym is offering a Free Masters Swim

Started by Sassafras
Views: 530 Posts: 4

2005-12-05 6:48 PM kleinrider

FREE I-Pod Offer!!

Started by BrianPBN
Views: 1245 Posts: 17

2004-10-04 2:28 PM cjy2d
RELATED ARTICLES
date : September 25, 2009
author : AMSSM
comments : 0
I have a torn labrum in the right hip that I'm getting surgery for this Friday. Also the doctor is grinding some bone that caused it to tear. Do you have any good ideas on returning to training?

date : February 17, 2009
author : Amy Kuitse
comments : 13
I have pedals with the cage and when I ride 2+ hours my legs feel much more tired then if I took out my husband's bike with clipless pedals. Do clipless pedals truly make the difference?
date : September 14, 2008
author : Team BT
Receive online triathlon coaching via our forums, personal coaching through an affiliated coach or nutrition coaching from our certified nutritionist.

comments : 2
Details on how athletes can connect with registered BT coaches for training plans and personal triathlon coaching.
comments : 1
Details on how to use the 'Coaching System' to coach your athletes.

date : December 31, 2006
author : sportfactory
Is there a point of diminishing returns? At some point, age catches up with us all. In general, as we age, VO2 max decreases, body fat increases, and muscular strength drops off.
date : July 30, 2006
author : AMSSM
I started riding this spring with the Carnac shoes on Look pedals (with plenty of float). About five minutes into a ride I get sharp pain on the outer edge of my feet, just behind the pedal.

date : February 28, 2005
author : rautorino
Does it matter how fast you go? Does it matter if you win? No. It only matters that you tri your best and smile when you cross the finish line.