General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Can't seem to lose any more weight Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2014-10-28 6:55 PM

User image

Groton, New York
Subject: Can't seem to lose any more weight
So I started the season at 227 (I'm 36 years old, 6' tall) and my ultimate goal is to get down somewhere in the 175-185 range. I dropped down to 207 by late August and that is where I have been stuck for the last several months. I was really hoping to break 200 by the end of the year, but at this rate, I am afraid I will just stick where I am (if not start to gain some back now that the bad weather is setting in). Any suggestions?

2014-10-28 9:09 PM
in reply to: keqwow

Subject: RE: Can't seem to lose any more weight
You need to mix it up. Change your exercise routine, change what you are eating and how much. Your body is at a plateau and it needs change to kick start the losing process. Even if what you are doing is good, change hopefully get you going again. Might sound simplistic but really it is.
2014-10-29 11:50 AM

User image

Brooklyn, New York
Originally posted by keqwow

So I started the season at 227 (I'm 36 years old, 6' tall) and my ultimate goal is to get down somewhere in the 175-185 range. I dropped down to 207 by late August and that is where I have been stuck for the last several months. I was really hoping to break 200 by the end of the year, but at this rate, I am afraid I will just stick where I am (if not start to gain some back now that the bad weather is setting in). Any suggestions?

What have you been doing to get that initial drop of 20? How much of what you were doing in that time was a difference to the prior/other lifestyle you had been living? The human body is always working towards homeostasis, so some degree of changing up is essential. To do that, you need to outline what you've been doing (that has worked - and could still work or work again) - what may need modification or removal before figuring what new things to add to the lifestyle
2014-12-10 7:32 PM

User image

, Massachusetts
How is your diet?
2014-12-12 7:17 AM
in reply to: dgconner154

User image

I'm 40 years old, 6' 2" I went from 245 to 220 with just exercise and got stuck there for a couple months before I started counting calories. I use the "Lose-it" Android app, but "My Fitness Pal" and many others work just as well.

It took me a few more months to drop down to 180, and I have been steady there for the last 7-8 months. I'm not gonna sugar-coat it. Dieting sucked! To lose 2lb a week I was down to a net of 1600 calories per day. Often I would be dying for ice-cream, and go spend an hour on the trainer so I could reward myself and stay in my calorie limit.

I still use the app today just to control my diet and prevent the weight from creeping back on. I will have to watch calories every day for the rest of my life, but that is kinda the meaning of life, showing mastery over our gluttonous nature.

Track and control your diet, track and control your exercise and it will happen.
2014-12-12 2:13 PM

User image

Expert
Port Colborne, Ontario
Like someone else said; time to start counting calories and be strict about it. I weigh & measure my food as much as possible too.

MyFitnessPal app & website is great, and free. Even syncs up with Garmin so when you dump your workout data it'll show up on MFP.

2015-01-10 6:12 AM
in reply to: Mtnwesttri

User image

Extreme Veteran
Jakarta Selatan, Unknown
Originally posted by Mtnwesttri

• ..Track and control your diet, track and control your exercise and it will happen.

• I second this. Having an exercise and nutrition log will keep you on track.
    2015-02-14 9:36 PM
    in reply to: #5063595

User image

Queen Creek, Arizona
    I was stuck for a long time also...cutting calories only hurt my performance gains.and left me week. Because you don't get enough of the nutrients you need by cutting back.. low carb i was weak...i started a weight loss system a few weeks ago. And i feel great. Never going back to guess what i should eat. I just fallow the plan. Plenty of energy for long workouts. Training for 2 fulls and 4 1/2 this year. It works for me
    2015-02-16 7:22 PM
    in reply to: #5093394

User image

I also started at 227 and got stuck at 203. Tried counting calories, but I dont have a strong will power. I started doing strength training, just did two hours a week. Took another 4 weeks and down to my goal of 190. To get a plan i googled strength training for triathletes. Before each workout I will run one mile to get my heart going. I feel faster on all stages, especially in the water.
    2015-04-22 6:56 AM

I had tried everything out to loose weight like exercising and following a strict diet. But I couldn't see much variation in results from my orginal weight. I even tried heavy workouts which actually consumed my energy and gave lesser results. It was then, seeing my state, my friend suggested me to check out bellwood health services reviews from canadarehabreviews.com. This forced me to avail their weight loss program and I am extremely happy with the results.
    New Thread
    General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Can't seem to lose any more weight Rss Feed  
    RELATED POSTS

I used running for weight lost not Tri but still lost 200+ with pics

Started by sirdizzy
    Views: 1717 Posts: 14

2013-03-25 6:34 PM wplummer

Why can't I lose weight??? Pages: 1 2

Started by Arock659
    Views: 4784 Posts: 39

2009-07-10 8:34 PM pmsmith

Losing weight v. losing body fat

Started by LeahDD
    Views: 4152 Posts: 6

2009-01-02 2:45 AM i146q

Why, oh why, can't I lose weight?

Started by Vaiza
    Views: 2230 Posts: 23

2005-08-23 4:46 PM Vaiza

can't seem to lose

Started by athena
    Views: 1255 Posts: 13

2004-07-31 7:00 PM athena
    RELATED ARTICLES
    date : August 26, 2011
    author : Nancy Clark
    comments : 1
    Research provides insight into struggles with shedding weight while training.

date : January 13, 2011
    author : KenMierke
    comments : 0
    Learn the principles on how to lose weight and keep it off. These 10 commandments will help keep you at a healthy weight for life.
    date : February 23, 2009
    author : mrakes1
    I usually have at least one workout per day, sometimes two or three, but I spend about all in-between time eating. I am not gaining weight, but I am not losing weight either. Should I be concerned?

date : October 8, 2007
    author : AMSSM
    Is it ever advisable to try to lose muscle mass? I've been struggling with a cycle of training to lose weight or rehabilitate some minor injury and only gaining muscle, which adds to my weight.
    date : August 17, 2007
    author : mars
    comments : 4
    Remeber why we do this, we all have our reasons. I had trained for six months, and it was now time to actually do my first sprint triathlon.

date : April 12, 2007
    author : acbadger
    We’re going to discuss, really, how simple it is to lose weight if you have the right weight loss information. I’m going to give you a few weapons to put into your weight loss arsenal in this segment.
    date : June 5, 2006
    author : mrakes1
    In spite of blaming metabolism for your body type or holding your genetics at fault, anyone can lose weight.

date : June 5, 2006
    author : acbadger
    comments : 2
    My main concern is obviously the running but my priority is weight loss. I really need any advice on how to get ready.