BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Mad Manatee Mentors v.2 thr.3 CLOSED (Poptart/pet pic bribes considered) Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 52

2014-12-19 9:35 AM
in reply to: rrrunner

User image

Denver, CO
Subject: RE: Mad Manatee Mentors v.2 thr.3 CLOSED (Poptart/pet pic bribes considered)

Originally posted by rrrunner

Originally posted by cdban66

I made nog with alcohol for the first time this Thanksgiving and LOVED it! MMMMMMM

Everything is better with alcohol. This is especially true of today, which will get better at happy hour!

It's 5 'Oclock somewhere

Mmmm, some Bailey's in my coffee this morning would have been a really yummy way to start the day.  Unfortunately, showing up with alcohol on my breath first thing in the morning is kind of frowned upon at work.  Sigh....

2014-12-19 9:48 AM
in reply to: laffinrock

User image

Master
Rio Rancho, NM
Subject: RE: Mad Manatee Mentors v.2 thr.3 CLOSED (Poptart/pet pic bribes considered)

Originally posted by laffinrock

I made nog with alcohol for the first time this Thanksgiving and LOVED it! MMMMMMM

Everything is better with alcohol. This is especially true of today, which will get better at happy hour!

It's 5 'Oclock somewhere

Mmmm, some Bailey's in my coffee this morning would have been a really yummy way to start the day.  Unfortunately, showing up with alcohol on my breath first thing in the morning is kind of frowned upon at work.  Sigh....

Yeah... I had a red-eye but it's just not enough.

2014-12-19 9:53 AM
in reply to: jmkizer

User image

Master
Orlando

Originally posted by jmkizer

Racing Manatees!

A listing of Manatee Races, Rides and Runs and other events

December 20-21
Jonathan TN - Lookout Moutain 50 miler on Saturday

Disabled List
Tom - right knee
Ann Marie - shoulder (improving! sling be gone!)
Yanti - recovering from IM
Jonathan TX - hamstring issues (improving)
Darren - heart (awaiting follow up appt)

Thinking of Melanie and her dad. Good thoughts for their appointment today.

Stay tuned for a New Iteration of the Manatees (yes, we rise from the flames like a Phoenix, hopefully to a shorter DL!) and finalized rules for January's Salty Manatee Month of Motivational Mayhem Challenge.

P.S. Prep your bios for the new thread

Great job with the xmas colors Janyne!! We are a festive, if ouchie, group 

Go Jonathan go!!  Heal up everyone else!  I know I'm well on my way to non-DLer status!!

2014-12-19 9:54 AM
in reply to: cdban66

User image

Master
Orlando

Agreed!  And, since I'm not an egg nog fan, I'd have to say this was especially true about egg nog 

2014-12-19 9:59 AM

User image

Master
Englewood, Florida

It's 5 'Oclock somewhere

You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!

2014-12-19 10:00 AM
in reply to: amd723

User image

Master
Rio Rancho, NM

Originally posted by amd723

Agreed!  And, since I'm not an egg nog fan, I'd have to say this was especially true about egg nog 

I don't understand that statement at all

2014-12-19 10:01 AM
in reply to: 0

User image

Master
Rio Rancho, NM

It's 5 'Oclock somewhere

You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!

I'm doing Christmas baking tomorrow. There will be egg nog, and possibly port, involved. (not as an ingredient)

Edited by rrrunner 2014-12-19 10:02 AM
2014-12-19 10:42 AM

User image

Seattle

Here's the latest iteration of the rules for the Salty Manatee Month of Motivational Mayhem Challenge:

1. The challenge starts on 1/1/2015.
  2. Logs will be checked on Thursday nights after 6 p.m. MST, with results posted on Fridays. The first report will be on 1/2/2015.
  3. Reporting will be number of days you met your goal during the week (e.g., 2/7, 5/7, 7/7).  Final report will be x/31.  Total time, total distance, or type(s) of activity won't be reported.  It' not a competition for who did how much of what or for how long.
  4. Goals can be either 10 min./day or something specific like Matt's (30 min. stretching, etc.) or Chris's (5 run days, 2 yoga days).  If you want a specific goal other than 10 min./day, please post it in the forum or send Mary a PM if you don't want it made public.
  5. Logs will be checked on Thursday nights after 6 p.m. Mountain Standard Time.
  6. If you're injured, you can probably still do something for 10 min. unless you’re really injured. No credit if you don’t do some sort of athletic-related activity for 10 min., including stretching or PT.
  7. If you're sick, you’re sick. If you can manage 10 min. of something, great. If not, you miss a day.
  8. No banking allowed.  The point of the challenge is to work on consistency.

I think we're pretty close to having final rules but there's still time to cuss and discuss if anybody disagrees with any of the above.

Also, here's who I have participating:

• me
  • Chris
  • Melanie
  • TJ
  • Kirsten
  • Ann-Marie
  • Janyne
  • Stacey
  • Monica
  • Matt
  • Judi

Anybody else?

me! I didn't read any of the instructions (per usual) but I'm in! 

2014-12-19 10:55 AM

User image

Master

It's 5 'Oclock somewhere

Sorry
2014-12-19 11:02 AM

User image

Master
Originally posted by amd723

I agree!!!! I'd never had it until last Christmas. SIL offered some her boss made with his "top secret" recipe. It was fantastically infused I am ruined forever for any other.
2014-12-19 11:20 AM
in reply to: 4agoodlife

User image

Master
Holiday memories: Christmas Eve when I was 5, my hair in pink curlers and footie jammies on, my parents took me into the living room by the Christmas tree. There was a big box sitting there. Inside I found a Beagle pup wagging his tail. I wouldn't leave him there alone, so I climbed in the box and slept curled up with him.

2014-12-19 11:26 AM

User image

Seattle

I forgot to share some interesting news! It's kind of a long story and I can't yet share details but I have a sponsorship in the works with...get this...a local brewery!!!!!!!! Maybe sponsorship isn't the best term because what I was looking for was not money, or race fees paid but beer. And what I want to offer is connecting the beer community with the running community. Talk about a match made in heaven

2014-12-19 11:28 AM
in reply to: Asalzwed

User image

Master
Rio Rancho, NM

Originally posted by Asalzwed

I forgot to share some interesting news! It's kind of a long story and I can't yet share details but I have a sponsorship in the works with...get this...a local brewery!!!!!!!! Maybe sponsorship isn't the best term because what I was looking for was not money, or race fees paid but beer. And what I want to offer is connecting the beer community with the running community. Talk about a match made in heaven

Way cool!!!!!!!!

2014-12-19 11:29 AM

User image

Seattle

Christmas - We usually do a big family thing with my extended family ( 11 aunts and uncles and their significant others and  about 30-something first cousins and a whole lot of second and thirds.) Then my immediate family is more low key, sharing a meal and exchanging gifts. We never had a ton of money growing up and gifts were never really a focus. As an adult now, I still don't really get too into gifts and "things" but my partner and I do exchange, have good food and enjoy good company. 

2014-12-19 11:34 AM

User image

Denver, CO

Originally posted by 4agoodlife Holiday memories: Christmas Eve when I was 5, my hair in pink curlers and footie jammies on, my parents took me into the living room by the Christmas tree. There was a big box sitting there. Inside I found a Beagle pup wagging his tail. I wouldn't leave him there alone, so I climbed in the box and slept curled up with him.

How sweet!!

2014-12-19 11:37 AM

User image

Master

Forgive us if we're not shocked That's pretty awesome. Hope it all works out!

2014-12-19 11:39 AM

User image

Master
Rio Rancho, NM

Originally posted by 4agoodlife

It's 5 'Oclock somewhere

Sorry

Don't need more caffiene. Need the other stuff. All the Santa Fe crazies have come out today!!!!!!!!

2014-12-19 11:46 AM

User image

Denver, CO

Way cool!!!!!!!!

Ooooh, keeping my fingers crossed for you.  Added bonus:  it'll give you lots of opportunities to train for the beer mile!!

2014-12-19 11:48 AM

User image

Master
Rio Rancho, NM

Originally posted by 4agoodlife

It's 5 'Oclock somewhere

Sorry

Don't need more caffiene. Need the other stuff. All the Santa Fe crazies have come out today!!!!!!!!

Ohforcryingoutloud!!!!!! Now they're testing the fire alarms!!!!!!!! We don't have to go outside. We get to sit inside and listen to it!!!!!!!

2014-12-19 11:50 AM

User image

Master
Rio Rancho, NM

Way cool!!!!!!!!

Ooooh, keeping my fingers crossed for you.  Added bonus:  it'll give you lots of opportunities to train for the beer mile!!

So apparantly Lance Armstrong failed at the beer mile. Ironic since he did beer commercials

2014-12-19 11:53 AM

User image

Master
Englewood, Florida

Way cool!!!!!!!!

So apparantly Lance Armstrong failed at the beer mile. Ironic since he did beer commercials

Many would say that Michelob Ultra is not beer. 

2014-12-19 11:55 AM

User image

Seattle

Way cool!!!!!!!!

Ha yeah...I watched that. I love his quote, "That was not what I expected" 

Really? What did you expect exactly?

2014-12-19 11:59 AM
in reply to: cdban66

User image

Master
Orlando

Way cool!!!!!!!!

Many would say that Michelob Ultra is not beer. 

put me down with the many group!

2014-12-19 12:15 PM

User image

Regular
Caerphilly, Wales, uk.
Another thing to add to the list of things I haven't tried...

Starbucks.
Pumpkin.
Egg nog.
2014-12-19 12:16 PM

User image

Denver, CO

Ohforcryingoutloud!!!!!! Now they're testing the fire alarms!!!!!!!! We don't have to go outside. We get to sit inside and listen to it!!!!!!!

That happened when I was working in a call center.  THAT was fun.  At least you're getting your cardio workout for the day out of the way early.

New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Mad Manatee Mentors v.2 thr.3 CLOSED (Poptart/pet pic bribes considered) Rss Feed  

of 52

RELATED POSTS

Manatee Mentors 2014 v.2 thread2 CLOSED (Poptart/pet pic bribes?) Pages: 1 ... 100 101 102 103

Started by IndoIronYanti
Views: 63018 Posts: 2563

2014-10-29 8:19 AM IndoIronYanti

Funked Up Triathletes - Season 2 - Olympic/Sprint Focus - Closed Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 27

Started by funkj25
Views: 42395 Posts: 669

2018-01-16 11:34 PM aviatrix802

Manatee Monkey Mentors SHUT (Poptart or pet pic bribes considered) Pages: 1 ... 97 98 99 100

Started by IndoIronYanti
Views: 72769 Posts: 2488

2014-07-30 9:43 AM IndoIronYanti

Slornow and Wannabefaster's Summer Group-CLOSED Pages: 1 ... 51 52 53 54

Started by slornow
Views: 50462 Posts: 1331

2014-12-18 10:15 PM wannabefaster

Todd's Tri Turtles 3 (Beginner, Sprint, 5K, 10K) Basically Closed Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 23

Started by Hunting Triathlete
Views: 25718 Posts: 569

2014-12-14 7:18 PM cassowary
RELATED ARTICLES
date : January 29, 2013
author : Scott Tinley
comments : 0
There are races to prepare for and health to be found and a lot of adventure and release to be sought in the oceans of the world.

date : February 6, 2010
author : EndurancePlanet
Coming off of a tibial stress fracture in 2000, stevebradley made his way into triathlon. Now he has over 60 triathlons completed and is one of the most active mentor groups on BT.
date : July 15, 2009
author : EndurancePlanet
Not only is he a great athlete, he is a great mentor. I have been in his mentor group for the last two rounds and he inspires and encourages our entire group daily.

date : April 23, 2009
author : Team BT
comments : 1
The closed fist drill will ensure that you are pulling with your entire hand and forearm.
date : February 19, 2007
author : Terese Luikens
Find a mentor. Make a list of at least three people that you could approach for help, list your specific needs and then be courageous enough to begin asking.