BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Mad Manatee Mentors v.2 thr.3 CLOSED (Poptart/pet pic bribes considered) Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 52

2014-12-22 2:33 PM
in reply to: rrrunner

User image

Seattle
Subject: RE: Mad Manatee Mentors v.2 thr.3 CLOSED (Poptart/pet pic bribes considered)

Originally posted by rrrunner

Originally posted by Asalzwed

REI just contacted me about using some of my instagram content for their page. 

It doesn't mean anything, basically I am contributing for free lol but it's cool to be able to share my experiences on a bigger platform 

That's awesome! Last week Brooks asked if they could use the picture of me and Mary at the end of our Oktoberfest Tri. Same thing, contributing for free but enjoy sharing the pic (hope Mary doesn't mind )

Mary is gonna lawyer up and get royalties on that  

2014-12-22 2:35 PM

User image

Denver, CO
Subject: RE: Mad Manatee Mentors v.2 thr.3 CLOSED (Poptart/pet pic bribes considered)

It doesn't mean anything, basically I am contributing for free lol but it's cool to be able to share my experiences on a bigger platform 

That's awesome! Last week Brooks asked if they could use the picture of me and Mary at the end of our Oktoberfest Tri. Same thing, contributing for free but enjoy sharing the pic (hope Mary doesn't mind )

What?!  I don't mind, TJ.  Actually, that's kinda cool.  What are they going to use it for?

Salty, that's fantastic!  You take such lovely pictures; it totally makes sense that they'd want to.  Do they at least give you credit, even if they don't pay you?

2014-12-22 2:38 PM
in reply to: laffinrock

User image

Master
Rio Rancho, NM

Originally posted by laffinrock

What?!  I don't mind, TJ.  Actually, that's kinda cool.  What are they going to use it for?

Salty, that's fantastic!  You take such lovely pictures; it totally makes sense that they'd want to.  Do they at least give you credit, even if they don't pay you?

They said: We love your photo! Is it okay if we share it on our social media channels?

2014-12-22 2:41 PM
in reply to: Asalzwed

User image

Master
Englewood, Florida

Originally posted by cdban66

I've noticed a few stores doing this and the better ones make sure to give credit to the photog for their work. Actually, I think that is standard IG practice.

yeah. It seems like the IG community is pretty good about this. I wouldn't really care anyway as I am not a professional. One person did steal one of my photos and posted it as her own, which I thought was very strange (it wasn't a cool photo) but that is quite rare. 

Retailers would be a bit more intelligent than that. I hope! 

One result may be more IG followers. That is how I ended up following a few folks. 

2014-12-22 2:44 PM

User image

Seattle

Oh yeah, for sure. They just have a bit that so and so photo was provided by @ "insert name here"

Most people just do that more or less without asking but I assume because of their status they have more official terms and conditions

2014-12-22 2:49 PM

User image

Master
Englewood, Florida

2014-12-22 2:53 PM
in reply to: 0

User image

Master
Orlando

I was having a short discussion with Adrienne about goals for my upcoming February HM and figured it might be beneficial to share.

Like many, I am in the middle of run season. I am hopeful that this season (and hopefully the entire year) is going to involve more effort than the "participation" of past years.  To that end, I am using an "Intermediate" program, as opposed to the novice program of past years. So, my immediate goals are improvement.  The HM takes place on a similar course to the one I have run in past years. All things being equal (which they never are), I hope to see a time improvement of about 5-7 minutes or roughly 30 seconds per mile. More importantly, I have personal performance goals for this race that can't be measured with simple time measurements. I am working towards better pacing and a better mental race.  These are tougher to quantify, but I'll know them when I see them.

So, how about the rest of you? Since many of us are in planning mode, what types of goals do you have for the upcoming season/year?

1. Strength: Lots of mountainous running with some casual racing. Then moving into a trail race series that has a cash prize for cumulative (best 6) races. I want to see what kind of a trail runner I am and what I can become.

2. Hand in hand with strength is love. Continue to nurture my relationship with running.

3. Mental Toughness/Competitive spirit 

These are high level goals and maybe not as quantifiable or SMART as you might like but they will be the drivers for improvement. I will be doing a HM as a fitness check and have some other time based indicators but likely no time goals. Not yet anyway. A lot of what I will be doing, time won't really mean much anyway. Event wise, there are three things on my "A" list as of now:  

to attempt a summit of Mt. Rainier (something I said I would never do because I am scared of heights, so now I have to do haha,)

running a 105 mile segment of the PCT with 25K elevation gain/loss,

and the Mountain Running National Championship.  

I get enough of the SMART stuff at work. And while I applaud the concept, it is not really where I am with running/training.

Mention of PCT reminded me of Wild. Has anyone read or seen it?

Definitely read it. Probably going to see it Christmas.

It's fantastic. 

I saw it Saturday. Like most things, the book was better, but I liked it.ETA: it is a little slow, but I only looked at my watch once, so that's pretty good!!

Edited by amd723 2014-12-22 2:57 PM
2014-12-22 3:06 PM
in reply to: cdban66

User image

Master
Orlando

I was having a short discussion with Adrienne about goals for my upcoming February HM and figured it might be beneficial to share.

Like many, I am in the middle of run season. I am hopeful that this season (and hopefully the entire year) is going to involve more effort than the "participation" of past years.  To that end, I am using an "Intermediate" program, as opposed to the novice program of past years. So, my immediate goals are improvement.  The HM takes place on a similar course to the one I have run in past years. All things being equal (which they never are), I hope to see a time improvement of about 5-7 minutes or roughly 30 seconds per mile. More importantly, I have personal performance goals for this race that can't be measured with simple time measurements. I am working towards better pacing and a better mental race.  These are tougher to quantify, but I'll know them when I see them.

So, how about the rest of you? Since many of us are in planning mode, what types of goals do you have for the upcoming season/year?

I don't have any particular plan other than to get better and stay injury free! I know I will run a number of HMs and would like to get a PR, but have not gotten to the how to do that plan part! As far as tris go, I am sure I'll do a few sprints. But right now my motivation for anything longer is lacking.
2014-12-22 5:11 PM

User image

Veteran
Western Australia

1. Strength: Lots of mountainous running with some casual racing. Then moving into a trail race series that has a cash prize for cumulative (best 6) races. I want to see what kind of a trail runner I am and what I can become.

2. Hand in hand with strength is love. Continue to nurture my relationship with running.

These are high level goals and maybe not as quantifiable or SMART as you might like but they will be the drivers for improvement. I will be doing a HM as a fitness check and have some other time based indicators but likely no time goals. Not yet anyway. A lot of what I will be doing, time won't really mean much anyway. Event wise, there are three things on my "A" list as of now:  

to attempt a summit of Mt. Rainier (something I said I would never do because I am scared of heights, so now I have to do haha,)

That is all kinds of awesome. I was reading the part of Eat & Run over the weekend when he ran his first Western States 100. I thought of you.

Woah woah woah, no ultras for me. Not until I'm like, 40

Careful because 40 creeps up on you pretty damn quick
2014-12-22 5:38 PM
in reply to: StaceyK

Master
Northern IL

Originally posted by StaceyK

That is all kinds of awesome. I was reading the part of Eat & Run over the weekend when he ran his first Western States 100. I thought of you.

Woah woah woah, no ultras for me. Not until I'm like, 40

Careful because 40 creeps up on you pretty damn quick

Still got a bit to go here, but 30 feels like it was only a year & a half ago!

2014-12-22 5:46 PM

Master
Northern IL

Oh yeah, for sure. They just have a bit that so and so photo was provided by @ "insert name here"

Most people just do that more or less without asking but I assume because of their status they have more official terms and conditions

Very cool! Many of the pics I've seen would be something an outdoor place is interested in.

Around four years ago an Xterra wetsuit pamphlet came in the mail and had a picture of my brother it. He had no idea at first but then remembered he had posted that pic to the Xterra FB page (not his page) since he liked the pic. He asked them about it and they apologized for not asking to use it in the pamphlet too. 

2014-12-22 6:00 PM
in reply to: brigby1

User image

Seattle

Originally posted by brigby1

Very cool! Many of the pics I've seen would be something an outdoor place is interested in.

Around four years ago an Xterra wetsuit pamphlet came in the mail and had a picture of my brother it. He had no idea at first but then remembered he had posted that pic to the Xterra FB page (not his page) since he liked the pic. He asked them about it and they apologized for not asking to use it in the pamphlet too. 

Well, that's nice they apologized. Kind of crappy they did it though, considering they had the source.

As a general rule of thumb I assume anything I put out there is forfeited as my "property" and again since I am not a professional photographer, I am alright with it. 

2014-12-22 7:13 PM

Master
Northern IL

Originally posted by brigby1

Well, that's nice they apologized. Kind of crappy they did it though, considering they had the source.

As a general rule of thumb I assume anything I put out there is forfeited as my "property" and again since I am not a professional photographer, I am alright with it. 

Yeah, it was a while back when everyone was still figuring how to handle this sort of content. He is a bit more of a magnet for drawing attention too.

2014-12-22 10:03 PM
in reply to: brigby1

User image

Master

I got Christmas cards out this year, because I missed last year. 

2014-12-23 1:56 AM

User image

Veteran
Western Australia
Originally posted by IronOx

You are very good. I haven't done Christmas cards since 1987 when I finished Primary school - I'm a very bad girl

Edited by StaceyK 2014-12-23 1:58 AM
2014-12-23 9:08 AM
in reply to: IronOx

User image

Master
Rio Rancho, NM

I got mine yesterday Thanks!!!!!!! DS2 was impressed that I got a card from BC.

Which reminds me, I was thinking on my drive this morning how cool it is that I have this team of friends all over the world!

So did everyone in the Northern Hemisphere feel (or fill) that longer day yesterday?

2014-12-23 9:30 AM

User image

Denver, CO

I got mine yesterday Thanks!!!!!!! DS2 was impressed that I got a card from BC.

Which reminds me, I was thinking on my drive this morning how cool it is that I have this team of friends all over the world!

So did everyone in the Northern Hemisphere feel (or fill) that longer day yesterday?

Mine came yesterday too!  DH was also impressed.  TJ, I agree, it's pretty neat to be part of this wonderful, funny, far-flung group of Manatees.

I didn't notice the longer day.  I was stuck in my super-interior office all day (as in, inside-an-inside-office office, with beige walls no less!), plus it was cloudy in the morning and dark when I left.  Blech.

2014-12-23 11:19 AM
in reply to: StaceyK

User image

Seattle

Originally posted by StaceyK

You are very good. I haven't done Christmas cards since 1987 when I finished Primary school - I'm a very bad girl

I've never done it so you can rest assured that I have set the bar lower than you. Merry Christmas!  

2014-12-23 4:03 PM

User image

Denver, CO

If anybody has a family member looking for a last-minute stocking stuffer for you and you like tea, here's a suggestion:

http://www.surlatable.com/product/PRO-1302116/?affsrcid=Aff0001&CAGPSPN=pla&CAWELAID=120120820000006946&catargetid=120120820000133695&cadevice=c

2014-12-23 4:34 PM

User image

Denver, CO

And here's another one along the same line, perfect for the triathlete obsessed with pool water quality:

http://www.surlatable.com/product/PRO-1126143/?source=igodigital

(I'm really interested in working today.  Can you tell?)

Edited by laffinrock 2014-12-23 4:35 PM
2014-12-24 8:32 AM

User image

Simsbury, Connecticut

If anybody has a family member looking for a last-minute stocking stuffer for you and you like tea, here's a suggestion:

http://www.surlatable.com/product/PRO-1302116/?affsrcid=Aff0001&CAGPSPN=pla&CAWELAID=120120820000006946&catargetid=120120820000133695&cadevice=c

I love tea - and I have FRED!
http://www.surlatable.com/product/PRO-1126143/Fred+Mr+Tea+Infuser

Hope all you manatees have a great holiday!!

2014-12-24 9:44 AM

User image

Master
Rio Rancho, NM

And here's another one along the same line, perfect for the triathlete obsessed with pool water quality:

I thought of those of us working today when I saw the picture of Monica's car all alone in the parking garage.

2014-12-24 9:59 AM

User image

Denver, CO

I thought of those of us working today when I saw the picture of Monica's car all alone in the parking garage.

There are a total of 3 people on my floor today and one of them is leaving at noon, I was the only one in my parking garage, and the commute was a breeze.  One of our campuses is closed next week but I'm on the other campus's schedule so I'm working Monday and Tuesday.  The heat in my building gets turned off, but we typically only work 9-3 and can wear jeans so it's not all bad.

2014-12-24 10:02 AM

User image

Master
Rio Rancho, NM

There are a total of 3 people on my floor today and one of them is leaving at noon, I was the only one in my parking garage, and the commute was a breeze.  One of our campuses is closed next week but I'm on the other campus's schedule so I'm working Monday and Tuesday.  The heat in my building gets turned off, but we typically only work 9-3 and can wear jeans so it's not all bad.

I think there are other people here, but I haven't seen anyone yet. I'm leaving at 1:30

2014-12-24 10:19 AM

User image

Master
Orlando

I think there are other people here, but I haven't seen anyone yet. I'm leaving at 1:30

Sorry ya'll have to work today! I'm out on the patio sitting by the pool. It's a tough life
New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Mad Manatee Mentors v.2 thr.3 CLOSED (Poptart/pet pic bribes considered) Rss Feed  

of 52

RELATED POSTS

Manatee Mentors 2014 v.2 thread2 CLOSED (Poptart/pet pic bribes?) Pages: 1 ... 100 101 102 103

Started by IndoIronYanti
Views: 62854 Posts: 2563

2014-10-29 8:19 AM IndoIronYanti

Funked Up Triathletes - Season 2 - Olympic/Sprint Focus - Closed Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 27

Started by funkj25
Views: 42113 Posts: 669

2018-01-16 11:34 PM aviatrix802

Manatee Monkey Mentors SHUT (Poptart or pet pic bribes considered) Pages: 1 ... 97 98 99 100

Started by IndoIronYanti
Views: 72651 Posts: 2488

2014-07-30 9:43 AM IndoIronYanti

Slornow and Wannabefaster's Summer Group-CLOSED Pages: 1 ... 51 52 53 54

Started by slornow
Views: 50228 Posts: 1331

2014-12-18 10:15 PM wannabefaster

Todd's Tri Turtles 3 (Beginner, Sprint, 5K, 10K) Basically Closed Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 23

Started by Hunting Triathlete
Views: 25581 Posts: 569

2014-12-14 7:18 PM cassowary
RELATED ARTICLES
date : January 29, 2013
author : Scott Tinley
comments : 0
There are races to prepare for and health to be found and a lot of adventure and release to be sought in the oceans of the world.

date : February 6, 2010
author : EndurancePlanet
Coming off of a tibial stress fracture in 2000, stevebradley made his way into triathlon. Now he has over 60 triathlons completed and is one of the most active mentor groups on BT.
date : July 15, 2009
author : EndurancePlanet
Not only is he a great athlete, he is a great mentor. I have been in his mentor group for the last two rounds and he inspires and encourages our entire group daily.

date : April 23, 2009
author : Team BT
comments : 1
The closed fist drill will ensure that you are pulling with your entire hand and forearm.
date : February 19, 2007
author : Terese Luikens
Find a mentor. Make a list of at least three people that you could approach for help, list your specific needs and then be courageous enough to begin asking.