BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Mad Manatee Mentors v.2 thr.3 CLOSED (Poptart/pet pic bribes considered) Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 52

2014-12-24 10:26 AM
in reply to: amd723

User image

Master
Englewood, Florida
Subject: RE: Mad Manatee Mentors v.2 thr.3 CLOSED (Poptart/pet pic bribes considered)

Originally posted by amd723
Originally posted by rrrunner

Originally posted by laffinrock

And here's another one along the same line, perfect for the triathlete obsessed with pool water quality:

http://www.surlatable.com/product/PRO-1126143/?source=igodigital

(I'm really interested in working today.  Can you tell?)

I thought of those of us working today when I saw the picture of Monica's car all alone in the parking garage.

There are a total of 3 people on my floor today and one of them is leaving at noon, I was the only one in my parking garage, and the commute was a breeze.  One of our campuses is closed next week but I'm on the other campus's schedule so I'm working Monday and Tuesday.  The heat in my building gets turned off, but we typically only work 9-3 and can wear jeans so it's not all bad.

I think there are other people here, but I haven't seen anyone yet. I'm leaving at 1:30

Sorry ya'll have to work today! I'm out on the patio sitting by the pool. It's a tough life

Yeah yeah, whatever! I'm out early today as well. One of the best parts of this time of year is that so few people are working so I can actually get some of my work done uninterrupted.

2014-12-24 10:31 AM

User image

Master
Rio Rancho, NM
Subject: RE: Mad Manatee Mentors v.2 thr.3 CLOSED (Poptart/pet pic bribes considered)

And here's another one along the same line, perfect for the triathlete obsessed with pool water quality:

I thought of those of us working today when I saw the picture of Monica's car all alone in the parking garage.

There are a total of 3 people on my floor today and one of them is leaving at noon, I was the only one in my parking garage, and the commute was a breeze.  One of our campuses is closed next week but I'm on the other campus's schedule so I'm working Monday and Tuesday.  The heat in my building gets turned off, but we typically only work 9-3 and can wear jeans so it's not all bad.

I think there are other people here, but I haven't seen anyone yet. I'm leaving at 1:30

Sorry ya'll have to work today! I'm out on the patio sitting by the pool. It's a tough life

I'm a Colorado girl. Something about poolside on Christmas Eve just doesn't jive for me. Now being home by the fireplace with an eggnog or hot cocoa I could go for!

2014-12-24 10:40 AM
in reply to: rrrunner

User image

Master
Englewood, Florida

I'm a Colorado girl. Something about poolside on Christmas Eve just doesn't jive for me. Now being home by the fireplace with an eggnog or hot cocoa I could go for!

I'll grab a poolside firepit pic for you tonight. Best of both worlds!

2014-12-24 10:53 AM
in reply to: cdban66

User image

Master
Orlando
Originally posted by cdban66

True that!Maybe I'll take a picture of the beach when I run tomorrow morning . TJ can pretend the sand is snow!!
2014-12-24 10:56 AM

User image

Denver, CO

My boss said I can leave "right after lunch."  I'll be out of here about the same time as you.  Then home to clean and decorate before Mom and Dad come over tomorrow.  I'd almost rather stay at work!

2014-12-24 11:01 AM

User image

Simsbury, Connecticut

Yeah yeah, whatever! I'm out early today as well. One of the best parts of this time of year is that so few people are working so I can actually get some of my work done uninterrupted.

There's a difference between BEING at work and working. I'm in the first category - but I'm leaving soon :D

am I crazy to head to the grocery store? We have no food in the house!

2014-12-24 11:23 AM

User image

Denver, CO

Hear hear!!  With a cat in my lap and listening to Christmas music.  Although it's 50* today so what little snow we have will be melted by the end of the day.  There might be some tomorrow though.  Wishing I could ski tomorrow; the mountains just got a foot of new snow!!

Enjoy your pool, though, Hands.  Can't say I'd object to that all that strenuously.

2014-12-24 11:30 AM
in reply to: IronOx

User image

Sensei
Sin City

Originally posted by IronOx

Asking for some prayer power, Manatees.  An associate of mine was in Las Vegas and last night was hit by a bus crossing the road.  She is in bad shape, brain bleed, multiple fractures, in a coma (induced?).  She is mom to an 18 month old.  Would really appreciate good thoughts sent her way.

I was in here checking on the IM result for Yanti and randomly saw this.  This was on the news her in Vegas.  There were a couple of follow up stories as well and part of a overall story about how there has been a rash of pedestrians being hit and many killed.  Sorry that it was someone close to you.

2014-12-24 11:42 AM
in reply to: Kido

User image

Master
Work? I'm watching Little Mermaid with Mak...while debating getting outside to work off 1/8 of the calories I'll ingest at a Christmas eve party tonight. Not quite freezing yet :D Hugs and happiness to you all!
2014-12-24 11:55 AM

User image

Master
Englewood, Florida

Originally posted by Kido

Asking for some prayer power, Manatees.  An associate of mine was in Las Vegas and last night was hit by a bus crossing the road.  She is in bad shape, brain bleed, multiple fractures, in a coma (induced?).  She is mom to an 18 month old.  Would really appreciate good thoughts sent her way.

I was in here checking on the IM result for Yanti and randomly saw this.  This was on the news her in Vegas.  There were a couple of follow up stories as well and part of a overall story about how there has been a rash of pedestrians being hit and many killed.  Sorry that it was someone close to you.

Stop in any time Here is the really important part on her Ironman race:

http://www.watoday.com.au/wa-news/couple-get-hitched-during-2014-busselton-ironman-20141208-122nzb.html

2014-12-24 12:10 PM

Master
Northern IL

True that!Maybe I'll take a picture of the beach when I run tomorrow morning . TJ can pretend the sand is snow!!

I've been down there twice for Christmas. It was weird both times. Today's run along the various river and lakefront places was much more fitting than the tropics.

2014-12-24 12:14 PM

User image

Melon Presser

http://www.watoday.com.au/wa-news/couple-get-hitched-during-2014-busselton-ironman-20141208-122nzb.html

I hear ya I hear ya in between all this non-working work talk

Kirstiron--as I said before, keeping this family in my prayers.

Tina and I spent our Christmas (which in Mutti's German tradition we've always celebrated on Christmas Eve) in the ER. It was almost fun, in a non-fun kind of way.

When I said I wanted a cat for Christmas, Santa, I did NOT mean a CAT scan!

The elbow's a lot more messed up than we thought, and I'd been baking, cooking, wrapping and carrying gifts etc. all day. (And it ain't exactly been quiet days before that, either).

Tina is exactly as messed up as I thought; we just wanted to rule out any kind of heart thing.

Here's this year's Christmas e-card/post/picture (attached, at bottom).

And for all of you specificially:

MERREE MANATEE CHREESTMAS!!!

(Christmas2014.Copy.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Christmas2014.Copy.jpg (167KB - 5 downloads)
2014-12-24 12:57 PM
in reply to: IndoIronYanti

User image

Master
Rio Rancho, NM

Originally posted by IndoIronYanti

Tina and I spent our Christmas (which in Mutti's German tradition we've always celebrated on Christmas Eve) in the ER. It was almost fun, in a non-fun kind of way.

The elbow's a lot more messed up than we thought, and I'd been baking, cooking, wrapping and carrying gifts etc. all day. (And it ain't exactly been quiet days before that, either).

Tina is exactly as messed up as I thought; we just wanted to rule out any kind of heart thing.

Awesome awesome Christmas card! You all look happy and festive. Mutti looks beautiful in her dress and red slippers!

Merry Christmas to you all (try to stay out of the ER mkay?)

2014-12-24 2:11 PM

User image

Royal(PITA)
West Chester, Ohio

This Manatee needs a great big hug.

Last night we noticed Copy cat was not walking right and she was pretty lethargic.  My vet couldn't see her today because they were full. We took her to the emergency vet--who was very kind and compassionate.....to learn she has lymphoma.  We decided on supportive care for her thinking we had maybe 3 months at best.  She died about an hour after we got home.  We are all wrecks.

2014-12-24 2:15 PM
in reply to: QueenZipp

User image

Master
Rio Rancho, NM

Originally posted by QueenZipp

Last night we noticed Copy cat was not walking right and she was pretty lethargic.  My vet couldn't see her today because they were full. We took her to the emergency vet--who was very kind and compassionate.....to learn she has lymphoma.  We decided on supportive care for her thinking we had maybe 3 months at best.  She died about an hour after we got home.  We are all wrecks.

So so sorry Judi! Such a hard thing to handle and being the holidays doesn't help. Will be thinking and praying for you and yours.

2014-12-24 4:16 PM

User image

Veteran
Western Australia

im so very very sorry to hear this Judi. Sending you some great big {{{{{{{MASTIFF MELON PRESSES}}}}}}}

2014-12-24 4:18 PM
in reply to: IndoIronYanti

User image

Veteran
Western Australia
Originally posted by IndoIronYanti

Oh Yanti please tell us that you and Tina are ok.
What exactly is wrong with your elbow, and please tell me that you haven't been swimming, or doing swim cords?
2014-12-24 4:34 PM
in reply to: StaceyK

User image

Veteran
Western Australia
MERRY CHRISTMAS MANATEES! It's Christmas Day here and I am enjoying some peace and quiet before the mayhem begins.

Some of my family are spending Christmas with us for the first time in over a decade. Oh and Phil is a little OCD when it comes to cleaning, especially if he knows we are having visitors. So being at work Christmas Eve might have been preferable. Because to him it is perfectly reasonable to clean the windows, which means removing the security screens, high pressure cleaning the windows from the outside, removing the glass so you can high pressure clean the inside, then cleaning all of the tracks out and then putting the glass back in. Oh and starting this at 5:00pm on Christmas even is ok. But by the way stacey you said you were going to shampoo the lounge room carpet what's the go with that? "Well the cleaner at the local store is broken." "So go and get one from somewhere else." Needless to say there were some four letter words said under my breath to him and I started cleaning carpets at 6:30pm.

So have a very merry Christmas, I'm going to mop my floors while everyone else is still in bed, and then start to cook my Turkey Wellington in 90+* heat. I hope everyone has a very Merry Christmas. Enjoy your family and friends. Next year Christmas will not be at my place (just kidding I love my family, and I'm so glad to have them here with me.)
2014-12-24 5:06 PM

User image

Master

Consider yourself hugged.  So sorry to hear this.  It is so hard to lose our furry friends.

2014-12-24 5:10 PM

User image

Master

Thanks.  Yanti, thanks for continued prayers for her family.  I'm sad to say that she died of her injuries.  She was very full of life during her short 36 years and I am grateful that I had the chance to know her.  Another reminder to not waste time and get 'er done, whatever "it" is for you.

2014-12-24 10:07 PM
in reply to: IronOx

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

Mary, I saw that you are still having some challenges relating to your knee.  When did you start wearing the Hokas?  When did the knee problems start?  Have you tried running in your previous shoes?  

(I'll post this on Strava as well.  I'm having a hard time following the group when it's in this archived mode.  Hoping the new group starts soon.)

2014-12-24 10:23 PM
in reply to: jmkizer

User image

Denver, CO

Originally posted by jmkizer

Mary, I saw that you are still having some challenges relating to your knee.  When did you start wearing the Hokas?  When did the knee problems start?  Have you tried running in your previous shoes?  

(I'll post this on Strava as well.  I'm having a hard time following the group when it's in this archived mode.  Hoping the new group starts soon.)

I started wearing them in mid-August and the knee problems started in mid-late Nov.  My old shoes are pretty worn but I guess it's worth trying switching back to them for a few weeks. 

I noticed tonight when I was warming up for my strength workout (yes, thank you, I actually did it!!) that running in place didn't hurt.  Granted I was barefoot on carpet and was actually running around the living room playing with the dog, but whatever.  It's throbbing a little now but there was no 5/10 pain like there was yesterday within less than 5 min. on the road.

2014-12-24 10:28 PM
in reply to: laffinrock

User image

Denver, CO

To my dearest Manatees, here's one of my favorite songs as a holiday wish for you:  "Deep Peace" by Bill Douglas

2014-12-24 10:30 PM

User image

Denver, CO

((((((HUGS))))))  I'm so sad for you, Judi.

2014-12-24 10:33 PM
in reply to: jmkizer

User image

Melon Presser

I think Dub6 or NyNy posted this but here's the new Manatee thread:

http://www.beginnertriathlete.com/discussion/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=527190&page=1&posts=4#M5076861

Feel free to start already filling in with your bios. It will definitely give the flavour of this group

New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Mad Manatee Mentors v.2 thr.3 CLOSED (Poptart/pet pic bribes considered) Rss Feed  

of 52

RELATED POSTS

Manatee Mentors 2014 v.2 thread2 CLOSED (Poptart/pet pic bribes?) Pages: 1 ... 100 101 102 103

Started by IndoIronYanti
Views: 62831 Posts: 2563

2014-10-29 8:19 AM IndoIronYanti

Funked Up Triathletes - Season 2 - Olympic/Sprint Focus - Closed Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 27

Started by funkj25
Views: 42078 Posts: 669

2018-01-16 11:34 PM aviatrix802

Manatee Monkey Mentors SHUT (Poptart or pet pic bribes considered) Pages: 1 ... 97 98 99 100

Started by IndoIronYanti
Views: 72636 Posts: 2488

2014-07-30 9:43 AM IndoIronYanti

Slornow and Wannabefaster's Summer Group-CLOSED Pages: 1 ... 51 52 53 54

Started by slornow
Views: 50201 Posts: 1331

2014-12-18 10:15 PM wannabefaster

Todd's Tri Turtles 3 (Beginner, Sprint, 5K, 10K) Basically Closed Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 23

Started by Hunting Triathlete
Views: 25573 Posts: 569

2014-12-14 7:18 PM cassowary
RELATED ARTICLES
date : January 29, 2013
author : Scott Tinley
comments : 0
There are races to prepare for and health to be found and a lot of adventure and release to be sought in the oceans of the world.

date : February 6, 2010
author : EndurancePlanet
Coming off of a tibial stress fracture in 2000, stevebradley made his way into triathlon. Now he has over 60 triathlons completed and is one of the most active mentor groups on BT.
date : July 15, 2009
author : EndurancePlanet
Not only is he a great athlete, he is a great mentor. I have been in his mentor group for the last two rounds and he inspires and encourages our entire group daily.

date : April 23, 2009
author : Team BT
comments : 1
The closed fist drill will ensure that you are pulling with your entire hand and forearm.
date : February 19, 2007
author : Terese Luikens
Find a mentor. Make a list of at least three people that you could approach for help, list your specific needs and then be courageous enough to begin asking.