General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Tri specific saddles Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2014-10-29 8:24 PM

Subject: Tri specific saddles
I finally got a bike fit. The fit really closed the distance between the saddle and the aero bars which increased how much I am bending over the saddle. Also as part of the fit they sized me for the saddle and suggested I move from my Body Geometry Rival 143 to something in the 155 width. After the fit I have definitely noticed the nether regions getting numb especially in the aero position.

After researching saddles I ran across the Specialized Sitero and the Fizik Tritone. Anyone had similar issues who switched to these saddles or had any experience with these saddles (good or bad)?

2014-10-29 9:39 PM
in reply to: #5063934

naperville, Illinois
Subject: RE: Tri specific saddles
fizik no good for women, but if you are a guy, i can sell you an unused one for a great price
2014-10-29 9:44 PM
in reply to: spalek

User image

New user
I'm using Specialized Sitero. To be honest, first two times I used it, it was the most uncomfortable seat I've ever used. It doesn't let you sit in non-aero position for too long without feeling like you're sitting on a slab of concrete. Once you get used to it, the aero position is pretty darn comfortable. I don't have any comparison to other aero seats, but I can tolerate a 3 hour ride OK with this seat.
2014-10-30 6:54 AM
in reply to: Tmanishere

User image

Extreme Veteran
Cypress, TX

x2 on the Sitero.  Been using it since it was released.

2014-10-30 7:33 AM

User image

Champion
Knoxville area
Cobb Saddles
90 days to try them out and send back if it doesn't work.

Call the guys and they can help guide you to the right saddle.
2014-10-30 8:01 AM
in reply to: Leegoocrap

Originally posted by Leegoocrap

Cobb Saddles
90 days to try them out and send back if it doesn't work.

Call the guys and they can help guide you to the right saddle.

x2. Currently riding a plus. Considering moving that to my road bike & picking up a 55 JOF.

2014-10-30 8:21 AM
in reply to: Raansnel

User image

Exton, PA
Originally posted by Raansnel

fizik no good for women, but if you are a guy, i can sell you an unused one for a great price

Saddles are very personal, to say the fizik is no good for women is just bashing an entire company that has a good reputation because one model in one size of their saddles you did not like. I know many people (men and women) that use a fizik saddle and love them.

To the OP; I would suggest trying a cobb, they make good saddle and have a 90 day trial period. You should know if the saddle is good for you after a couple of rides.

2014-10-30 9:55 AM
in reply to: mike761

naperville, Illinois
Originally posted by mike761

Saddles are very personal, to say the fizik is no good for women is just bashing an entire company that has a good reputation because one model in one size of their saddles you did not like. I know many people (men and women) that use a fizik saddle and love them.

To the OP; I would suggest trying a cobb, they make good saddle and have a 90 day trial period. You should know if the saddle is good for you after a couple of rides.

wow. you have some serious issues if you consider that bashing an entire company. your post however, telling the OP to ride a cobb when he was asking about a Fizik is beyond bashing. I'm calling the bashing police.
2014-10-30 10:01 AM
in reply to: Raansnel

wow. you have some serious issues if you consider that bashing an entire company. your post however, telling the OP to ride a cobb when he was asking about a Fizik is beyond bashing. I'm calling the bashing police.

lol. I wonder, had the basher posted a smiley at the end like this: fizik no good for women, but if you are a guy, i can sell you an unused one for a great price :-) would it have been bashing? never underestimate the power of an emoticon - dry wit died with emoticons.
2014-10-30 10:34 AM

I also recommend Cobb, I have the JOF 55 and I love it. Plus, you can't beat the 90 trial period.

2014-10-30 11:13 AM

User image

Saint Paul, MN
I have had good luck with the Fizik saddle. I used it all last year. The only time it bothered me was on 2+ hour trainer rides. Though I don't think any saddle has ever been comfortable when I am on a trainer that long.

2014-10-30 11:59 AM
in reply to: 0

User image

Exton, PA

You just made a statement that fizik saddles are no good for women-based on what???? Yes you were bashing.

If you read what I wrote I SUGGESTED to TRY a Cobb saddle as they are one of the only companies that give you a trial period. Yes I have a Cobb on one of my bikes, I also have a felt saddle, and 2 specialized saddles. It's very personnel if it works for you or not, but when there is no financial risk to try a Cobb I will tell everyone to give it a shot.

Edited by mike761 2014-10-30 12:25 PM
2014-10-30 12:18 PM

User image

Champion
Austin, Texas

Saddles are very personal - what may work great for one person will be nothing short of torture for someone else. 

Maybe check with your LBS to see if it has any kind of loaner program where you can try out a bunch of different saddles for a length of time and then go with the one that suits you best.  If it turns out to be one of the ones you mentioned, GREAT!  And if it doesn't then hopefully the loaner program will keep you from spending a ton of moolah before finding the one that makes your nether region happy.   

2014-10-30 1:55 PM
in reply to: summerk

User image

Regular
Central Coast, CA

Anyone try the Cobb JOF Randee saddle?

2014-10-30 2:05 PM
in reply to: #5063934

I tried an adamo - definitely comfortable but found it a bit wide for my narrow hips so forced me to lower saddle height - which wasn't ideal. Now us a bontrager (one off evans - can't remember the model) Nice padded nose and seems to do the trick.
2014-10-31 6:07 AM
in reply to: KETri

User image

Originally posted by KETri

I tried an adamo - definitely comfortable but found it a bit wide for my narrow hips so forced me to lower saddle height - which wasn't ideal. Now us a bontrager (one off evans - can't remember the model) Nice padded nose and seems to do the trick.

i rode an adamo for a couple of years before I switched to Cobb - a way to deal with the wider nose is to use a zip-tie underneath and narrow it - my LBS did it for me and it worked well

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Tri specific saddles Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

Women specific saddle

Started by cecileO
Views: 1303 Posts: 9

2013-08-07 5:03 PM KathyG

Woman-specific saddle

Started by natethomas2000
Views: 1373 Posts: 10

2013-06-03 11:25 AM GLC1968

Best women specific saddle?

Started by KatieLimb
Views: 4651 Posts: 13

2012-05-07 12:56 AM triosaurus

Specific saddle question for the ladies

Started by noelle1230
Views: 1078 Posts: 9

2009-06-13 1:49 PM kjboneham

Tri specific saddle

Started by bmacmanus
Views: 1188 Posts: 8

2006-06-14 4:25 PM swbkrun
RELATED ARTICLES
date : February 17, 2013
author : hoffsquared
comments : 0
I was pretty excited to test out a triathlon-specific gear bag. I'm on the lookout for something functional, comfortable, and maybe even a bit stylish.

date : March 13, 2009
author : FitWerx
comments : 2
I cannot get comfortable without the nose of the saddle being tilted down. I have tried many different seats and had two professional fittings, but still have excessive numbness and discomfort.
date : February 17, 2009
author : sportfactory
Finding the right bicycle saddle is often a confusing process of trial and error for cyclists. However, a little education goes a long way, and will perhaps save you some pain and discomfort as well.

date : January 19, 2009
author : Amy Kuitse
Which sport do you believe is easier to continually improve at: swimming, bicycling, or running? What makes you think this specific sport is easier to improve at?
date : September 23, 2008
author : sportfactory
As you approach your goal race it is important to train as you will race. The last thing you want is to be surprised on race day.

date : September 5, 2006
author : Writebrained
The ISM Adamo Racing Saddle is difficult to define. It doesn’t look like a bicycle saddle. It doesn’t mount like a bicycle saddle. And yet, it does feel like a bicycle saddle.