General Discussion Triathlon Talk » STL branded HIM? Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2014-10-30 4:24 PM

Subject: STL branded HIM?
Slammed busy at work....heard on the radio while I was out in the factory that St. Louis might get a branded HIM, as the Lawrence, Kansas contract has expired (could be why the reg isn't opened on that?). Anybody with any kind of details? I only heard it in passing.

Hope it's true. I wanted to try a branded event, and it would be nice not to have book a hotel room and travel.

Sorry if this is a repost, I didn't see anything on the first two pages. They were talking like 'this year'. I didn't hear it too well.
I'm scrambling. Office manager and shop foreman are out this week and I'm wearing two and a half hats. I'm actually skipping the gym and am more 'sore' from running around the plan, hauling skids, and scrambling.

I have yet to be sore from training or an event. But I am beat up right now.

2014-10-30 5:06 PM
in reply to: jhaack39

User image

Veteran
Shawnee
Subject: RE: STL branded HIM?
Everything is pointing toward KS 70.3 going away and being replaced with a STL HIM. A new triathlon (Legend Triathlon) has already been announced at Clinton Lake in Lawrence for the same date that would have traditionally been the KS70.3 so everything is pointing to these rumors being true. The only thing left to happen is a real date being announced.

As far as the "branded' event thing...it's certainly a consideration. I've done a branded half - Ironman and a local event (Border Wars Tri in STL this year) and Border Wars was every bit the event that the WTC one was. Better swag, better atmosphere, as good of organization. Just my .02. I don't have anything against WTC or any axe to grind. Just like fun events.
2014-10-30 5:33 PM
in reply to: dprocket

Subject: RE: STL branded HIM?
I did the Litchfield Olympic length....same folks as the Border Wars one.
It was fun. Really laid back and enough volunteers to cover the fairly twisty bike course.
A porta potty right outside transition with an easy access gate. It was cold that day, I needed it both times. I gather Border Wars was really chilly.
I love the idea of the east vs. west....and that's a such a great flat, scenic...FAMILIAR biking area for us locals.

linky

http://www.ksdk.com/story/news/local/2014/10/29/ironman-competition...

CC Park might work.....course, we'll be fighting with a jillion soccer moms and dads for parking..Nice flat riding nearby.
I'd want them to check the water in the lake. Never been enamored with the idea of swimming in that lake. I was 30 seconds away earlier this spring from dropping my shoes and swimming out and deploying my swamped canoe Boy Scout skills and rescuing some folks who were stuck...but the FD showed up as I was about to bend down and ditch my shoes. It's not like canoes sink that easily and they had life preservers on. I almost thought twice about what nastiness was in that water.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » STL branded HIM? Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

Name brand bikes vs. Off brand bikes

Started by Live2ski
Views: 11572 Posts: 25

2012-01-04 10:38 AM japarker24

Bike brand loyalty

Started by Buzzyman
Views: 398 Posts: 1

2004-10-06 1:27 PM Buzzyman

for those with brand new bikes...

Started by autumn
Views: 829 Posts: 20

2004-09-17 1:43 PM MikeB

Brand New Newbie Seeks Equipment Advice

Started by Phileda
Views: 884 Posts: 2

2004-05-10 9:20 PM Machiavelo

Heart Rate Monitor - What brand to buy....?

Started by stevenrh
Views: 697 Posts: 5

2004-04-29 11:36 PM Fantastic D