User image

Subject: American Triple T
Sorry for the double post...

Edited by trifish2 2014-11-01 3:03 PM

2014-11-01 3:02 PM
in reply to: trifish2

User image

Subject: RE: American Triple T
For those that have raced this endurance fest, how did you train for it? Meaning did you pick a full distance training plan and have at it, how was your nutrition in between races / after day 2, and what was the feeling like when you woke up day 3 knowing a HIM is waiting? I just completed my first year and want more. This would be a few years out but definitely on the tri bucket list. Thanks
2014-11-01 6:09 PM
in reply to: trifish2

User image

Master
ann arbor, michigan
I trained for a HIM plus.......

Fueling and rest are two of the most important parts of this race. If you can get lodging right there at the Shawnee park this becomes much easier.

This is a super fun event with great people that you could sit and socialize with for hours.... but you can't. You have to eat (food is provided after every race--I spent about $15 total on food for the whole weekend, including commute) and then get some sleep. Don't hang around for hours. Fuel. Rest.

I went back to my hotel after Friday night, did some set up and went to bed.

After the first race on Saturday I ate and then slept in the back of my car for about two hours (minivan with area to sleep in).

After the second race on Saturday (third race overall) you should have no problem falling asleep pretty darn fast. You will definitely be thinking he11 no when you get out of bed on Sunday morning. Everyone else is thinking it too. But, you get to the race site, set up, and make it happen.

It is not an easy weekend but it is easily one of the best triathlon experiences I have ever had and I would highly recommend it.

As an aside, HFP racing, who puts on this event, is going to have a Spring and a Fall Triple T next year, so there will be two shots at this epic event in 2015.
2014-11-01 7:09 PM
in reply to: wannabefaster

User image

This race sounds awesome! This or a back to back HIM are always something I wanted to try (Sat + Sunday). Too back it's too far away for me. Good luck. I'm interested in what advice people give for this too.
2014-11-02 7:12 AM
in reply to: 0

User image

Master
Chapel Hill, NC
It says they use your half iron time from last year for seeding. What if I didn't do one in the past year? Do they check? Do I just put in my estimated best time at current fitness level (which is way slower than my all time best half iron time!!!)

Also, does this race sell out fast?

Edited by keyone 2014-11-02 7:13 AM
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » American Triple T Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

Run nutrition that doesn't give the s?$!ts

Started by akrenik
Views: 1329 Posts: 11

2014-06-13 8:28 PM tstruyk

American Triple T

Started by Generic Cleric
Views: 841 Posts: 8

2012-01-12 1:03 PM Birkierunner

American Triple T photos

Started by newbz
Views: 2270 Posts: 7

2009-05-25 10:54 AM chrisrunzs26

Anyone race the Desoto American Triple T before?

Started by EABonney
Views: 682 Posts: 6

2007-11-29 1:12 PM crozetiga

4 tri's in 3 days? American triple race.

Started by velasqu7
Views: 539 Posts: 7

2005-10-21 2:13 PM CitySky
RELATED ARTICLES
date : April 11, 2007
author : MegL
comments : 40
Triathletes want more! Instead of a double or triple Ironman, how about a fourth sport?

date : September 3, 2006
author : IRONVIKING
comments : 0
My goal is always to lead by example, and after running the marathon and becoming a volunteer in my hospital's cardiac unit I looked for another way to inspire people. Hello, triathlons!
date : July 30, 2006
If a heart patient can do these things, then so can those of you who haven't been split open like a fish and sewn back together.

date : July 2, 2006
From triple bypass to triathlon. I am now just two days away from the Pacific Crest Half-Ironman.
date : April 2, 2006
author : AMSSM
The weather is warming and the season is getting started for many triathletes. Keep these tips in mind to avoid heat cramps, exhaustion and stroke.

date : April 2, 2006
I am a 36 y/o male and this will be my fifth season doing triathlons. I have noticed that whenever I run for any period of time over 40 minutes I get a "pins and needles" feeling in my right foot.
date : December 4, 2005
author : Nancy Clark
At ADA’s annual meeting registered dietitians presented the following information that addresses some of the nutrition questions and concerns of health-conscious exercisers and competitive athletes.

date : February 13, 2005
comments : 2
So how sick is too sick to train? The American Medical Society for Sports Medicine answers just that and many other questions.