General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Major Seatpost Problem - HELP!! Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2014-11-01 11:27 PM

Subject: Major Seatpost Problem - HELP!!
Hi All,

I just bought the 15 Fuji Norcom Straigt 2.5 for my wife, I love a lot of features on the bike, great weight, integration, etc.. Anyway, we just went to see the bike today, I had to get her a 49 because she's so small, but I can't go any smaller. On the new Norcom Straight's they have a new Oval seatpost that has integrated holes to screw in the DI2 battery pack so that it has somewhere to go. Understandable, however this has made it so that we cannot cut the seatpost low enough for her to fit on the bike. I do not want her to have to ride with stacks on the aero-bars just to get past this and I feel like I should be able to find a seat post that would fit on this bike that would work that doesn't have the same DI2 integration. Someone please HELP with any ideas, connections, or parts that you can offer that you know will work.

Thanks.

I have also included a picture of the seat post for reference.

(P.S. - This is a generic picture, we are not using the DI2 system so do not need the integrated seat post AT ALL!)

Edited by Nkguillen1 2014-11-01 11:30 PM

(Fuji Seatpost.png)

Attachments
----------------
Fuji Seatpost.png (496KB - 4 downloads)

2014-11-02 11:42 AM
in reply to: Nkguillen1

User image

Champion
Knoxville area
Subject: RE: Major Seatpost Problem - HELP!!
different size fuji?
2014-11-02 11:52 AM
in reply to: #5064630

Can't go smaller, the next step down is too small. We will most likely run into same problem, just need to know about a seat post.
2014-11-02 1:58 PM
in reply to: 0

User image

Champion
Knoxville area
Then I think she might be on the wrong bike. I don't see how a smaller bike doesn't fit, but she needs the seatpost slammed down beyond it's intended point of entry. I assume the Norcom is proprietary in it's seatpost (looks like it)
Maybe contact Fuji and see if another post works.

If you're really desperate, it's within the realm of possible that a place that deals in carbon fiber *might* be able to make a custom seatpost for it. You're talking about (most likely) dropping some serious coin though.

Or you might be able to remove the mounts from that seatpost with some sanding... I'm 100% not advocating doing that (as you won't know if you've compromised the integrity of the seatpost) but it *could* work. Depends on what you consider safe...

Edited by Leegoocrap 2014-11-02 2:07 PM
2014-11-03 2:20 PM
in reply to: Nkguillen1

User image

Champion
Tacoma, Washington

Something seriously doesn't add up here. You can't get the seat low enough, and you're worried that you'll have to run spacers under the bar pads to compensate? If you can't get the seat low enough (and it doesn't appear to be all that high to begin with), then the honest answer is the bike doesn't fit. All the nice features in the world won't mean a tinker's damn if the fit isn't there. Why the heck did you buy it if you couldn't get the seat in the proper position? Or was this an online purchase that you're stuck with?

The next size down should NOT be so much that it'll be too small. If it is (for whatever fit reason you think is driving it), then you need to look at another model.

2014-11-03 7:28 PM
in reply to: #5064630

Found what I needed everyone, for anyone who is looking for it in the future Fuji makes an alternate seat post without the DI2 battery pack integration. Which is exactly what I needed. Happy training to everyone and I'll see you all in Kona!!

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Major Seatpost Problem - HELP!! Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

Need Help for Purchasing a New Carbon Seatpost!!!

Started by TriBama
Views: 1008 Posts: 3

2012-08-24 1:42 AM Trath-L33T

0 Degree Seatpost vs. Forward Seatpost

Started by kilgoretrout
Views: 3667 Posts: 7

2012-05-05 3:40 PM Six000MileYear

Kestrel Road Bike Seatpost: a Problem

Started by dodgeballsoxx
Views: 3397 Posts: 5

2011-05-10 8:09 PM dodgeballsoxx

BikesDirect Ordering Problem...Help!

Started by Decatur217
Views: 873 Posts: 3

2008-12-26 9:21 PM tjh

Bike Problem- Need help

Started by freakingzooming
Views: 506 Posts: 3

2006-05-09 10:29 PM stephen strange
RELATED ARTICLES
date : February 16, 2011
author : Nancy Clark
comments : 2
Some athletes call it runners' trots; others call it diarrhea. Whatever the name, few athletes openly discuss the topic yet many secretly suffer. Here’s some information about this stinky topic that m

date : June 30, 2009
author : FitWerx
comments : 0
Are your brakes not slowing you down enough? Are your wheels rubbing on them? This video will cover the basics on adjusting your own bicycle brakes.
date : January 16, 2008
author : AMSSM
comments : 1
My symptoms have been present off and on for almost two years. Is this a surgical problem, or should I just keep managing it for as long as I can?

date : December 19, 2007
author : Tri Swim Coach
My problem is I can only swim about 30-40 meters without having to rest. What is the best way to improve this? I need to get from 40 to 750 meters in 6 months.
date : October 11, 2007
I have 10 lessons with a coach and he keeps telling my I'm holding my breath. I cannot figure out where since I'm breathing out and in every 3rd stroke. Any drill recommendations?

date : March 7, 2007
Discussions on hand entry, common triathlete training mistakes, the best swim drills, useful swim tools and flip turn help.
date : July 17, 2005
author : AMSSM
Proper Bicycle Fit and Treatment of Common Cycling-related Medical Problems

date : September 10, 2004
author : Ron
Your help is needed to keep BT the best of the best.