General Discussion Iron Distance Race Groups » Ironman Florida 2015 : Official Thread Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

of 4

2015-10-30 12:39 PM
in reply to: pistuo

User image

Extreme Veteran
Ontario
Subject: RE: Ironman Florida 2015 : Official Thread

This is my first time back at Florida since 2011, but from what I remember the lighting in the neighborhoods that you run through is adequate. The really dark area was the large park at the far end of the run course. You do want to load up on reflective stickers and strips.

2015-10-30 2:48 PM
in reply to: exnavydoc

User image

Expert
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Silver member

http://www.amazon.com/Cyclops-CYC-MHC-W-Micro-Mini-Light/dp/B001QCXTBI/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1446234261&sr=8-1&keywords=cap+visor+light

This works very well.  In the past two years they've done a much better job lighting the part in the park, which used to be SO dark.  Still, it's handy to have a little light.  This clips under your visor, is there when you need it but out of the way when you don't .  I also find it handy for looking at my Garmin, who's light doesn't seem to work very well any more.

It's not so critical any more, now that they've put more lights out, but I still wear mine.  It's also useful if you need to see / read anything else out there in the dark.

2015-11-05 1:06 AM
in reply to: GAUG3

User image

Good luck to everyone competing on Saturday! I will be following from Australia and getting ready to sign up for 2016 on Sunday - will be my first full IM. Looking forward to reading all of your race reports, especially tips for next year as I start planning. Conditions are looking great - maybe a sprinkle of rain to cool you down on the cycle leg. I want to hear all about it!!

New Thread
General Discussion Iron Distance Race Groups » Ironman Florida 2015 : Official Thread Rss Feed  

of 4