Other Resources The Political Joe » President Scott Walker? Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2014-11-05 4:09 PM

User image

Expert
Boise, Idaho
Subject: President Scott Walker?

Winning 3 elections in 4 years in a historically BLUE state.

Should he or Shouldn't he? 

2014-11-10 2:16 PM
in reply to: jeffnboise

User image

Master
Minnetonka, Minnesota
Bronze member
Subject: RE: President Scott Walker?
From the sound of crickets chirping, I'd take that as a NO.
2014-11-10 3:18 PM
in reply to: ejshowers

User image

Expert
Boise, Idaho

Originally posted by ejshowers From the sound of crickets chirping, I'd take that as a NO.

lol.  Don't mistake silence as a "NO".  Post-Election burn-out, perhaps.

2014-11-10 3:21 PM

User image

Pro

Originally posted by jeffnboise

Originally posted by ejshowers From the sound of crickets chirping, I'd take that as a NO.

At first I read your reply as "don't mistake science" instead of silence....then I started thinking about this board in terms of science.....my head nearly exploded.

2014-11-10 3:23 PM
in reply to: Left Brain

User image

Expert
Boise, Idaho

Originally posted by Left Brain

Originally posted by jeffnboise

At first I read your reply as "don't mistake science" instead of silence....then I started thinking about this board in terms of science.....my head nearly exploded.

lol   

2014-11-10 3:34 PM

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE

Honestly, I don't know a lot about the guy other than the success you mentioned above.

I know there are the "media favorites" such as Cruz, Bush, and Paul who are thought to be the front runners but it wouldn't surprise me in the least to see somebody like Walker or some other yet to be named candidate shoot to the top in the primaries.

Honestly I would love to see two fresh faces (without Bush/Clinton names) with fresh ideas on both sides of the ticket for us to choose from.

2014-11-11 12:53 PM
in reply to: tuwood

User image

Veteran
Stevens Point, Wisconsin

Originally posted by tuwood

Honestly, I don't know a lot about the guy other than the success you mentioned above.

I know there are the "media favorites" such as Cruz, Bush, and Paul who are thought to be the front runners but it wouldn't surprise me in the least to see somebody like Walker or some other yet to be named candidate shoot to the top in the primaries.

Honestly I would love to see two fresh faces (without Bush/Clinton names) with fresh ideas on both sides of the ticket for us to choose from.

This would be great. 

While I am not the biggest fan of Scott Walker, I do have to admit he has made a few good decisions.  I know he would never get my vote because of his cuts to public education and the University system (I am a University employee - Looking out for self interest I know, but who isn't).  His tax cuts that he touts are laughable.  I am taking home an extra $26 a month.  With the cuts to education it is not worth it in my opinion. 

I am more with him on his stance with public benefits.  I have seen to many people in my area abuse these benefits and they need reform.

However I am pretty much against him on all social issues, including some important ones to me.  He also supports expanding the voucher program.

Overall I would have to say no to Scott Walker as President. 

But like tuwood said I want to see fresh faces, I am not looking forward to seeing someone like Hillary Clinton on the side of the dems.  It's just the same old crap.  We need some real young talent, not afraid to cross party lines also not afraid to stand their ground.  I know I'm dreaming, but hey who knows.

2014-11-11 3:13 PM
in reply to: Justin86

Veteran
Minnesota
What I know about him combined with what I have heard from friends over in Wisconsin make him a definite NO! from me. He seems like someone who create a lot more division.
2014-11-11 3:51 PM
in reply to: TriJedi

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE

Originally posted by TriJedi What I know about him combined with what I have heard from friends over in Wisconsin make him a definite NO! from me. He seems like someone who create a lot more division.

Not specifically defending Walker, but I think it's near impossible for any candidate to not create some kind of division because there are a ton of single issue voters on both sides of many different issues.  So essentially the candidate is either with them or against them, and the ones who abstain from that single issue completely are hated by both sides.

2014-11-12 12:11 PM

Veteran
Minnesota

Originally posted by TriJedi What I know about him combined with what I have heard from friends over in Wisconsin make him a definite NO! from me. He seems like someone who create a lot more division.

Not specifically defending Walker, but I think it's near impossible for any candidate to not create some kind of division because there are a ton of single issue voters on both sides of many different issues.  So essentially the candidate is either with them or against them, and the ones who abstain from that single issue completely are hated by both sides.

Some politicians are better at "reaching across the aisle" than others.
2014-11-13 10:08 AM

User image

Champion
Chicago, Illinois
Originally posted by Justin86

I am taking home an extra $26 a month.  With the cuts to education it is not worth it in my opinion.

You never met my Wisconsin relatives. If you would cut $100,000 from top bracket and $26 from them they would take it and call it a win for them. Just like my aunt says she does not want minimum wage to go up because she is afraid cost of her big mac would go up $.05. No joke $.05. She did not make more than minimum wage when we was saying that. What she does not realize it probably would boasted her pay more than $.05 an hour.

2014-11-13 11:25 AM

User image

Champion
Brooklyn, NY

This would be great. 

While I am not the biggest fan of Scott Walker, I do have to admit he has made a few good decisions.  I know he would never get my vote because of his cuts to public education and the University system (I am a University employee - Looking out for self interest I know, but who isn't).  His tax cuts that he touts are laughable.  I am taking home an extra $26 a month.  With the cuts to education it is not worth it in my opinion. 

I am more with him on his stance with public benefits.  I have seen to many people in my area abuse these benefits and they need reform.

However I am pretty much against him on all social issues, including some important ones to me.  He also supports expanding the voucher program.

But like tuwood said I want to see fresh faces, I am not looking forward to seeing someone like Hillary Clinton on the side of the dems.  It's just the same old crap.  We need some real young talent, not afraid to cross party lines also not afraid to stand their ground.  I know I'm dreaming, but hey who knows.

I heard on the radio today that Boehner is, at 64, the youngest of the Congressional leaders. The rest are all in their 70's, I think. I know "youth is no guarantee of innovation", but it's hard to imagine a lot of fresh new ideas coming out of a leadership that was approaching retirement age when the Internet was invented.

2014-11-13 12:07 PM
in reply to: jmk-brooklyn

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE

Originally posted by jmk-brooklyn

This would be great. 

I heard on the radio today that Boehner is, at 64, the youngest of the Congressional leaders. The rest are all in their 70's, I think. I know "youth is no guarantee of innovation", but it's hard to imagine a lot of fresh new ideas coming out of a leadership that was approaching retirement age when the Internet was invented.

I was talking to my 20 year old son over the weekend and he was mentioning how stupid it was that we have a bunch of 70 year olds who are only going to live another 10 years at best creating all the laws that people who have 50+ years to live have to follow.  He said of course they're going to do stupid things and spend all our money, because they're checking out soon.  I looked at him at first thinking it was a stupid point, but then I began to realize he might be onto something.  lol

There are certainly a lot of "older" people in politics, but it does seem as though more and more people are getting involved at a younger age.  Perhaps they do have a little more skin in the game and will care a little more.  One thing is for sure, they have a completely different perspective than the old dudes.

On a somewhat related note, did you guys see this in the news last week.  I thought it was awesome!http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/west-virginia-teen-18-elected-state-legislature-article-1.2001257

2014-11-13 4:23 PM

User image

Champion
Chicago, Illinois
maybe I am cynical but I think for most politicians age does not much. Anyone at any age can do what a lobbyist says.
New Thread
Other Resources The Political Joe » President Scott Walker? Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

Would you want to be the President? Pages: 1 2

Started by pga_mike
Views: 2011 Posts: 29

2013-12-31 8:39 PM Left Brain

100 Million for President's Vacation? Pages: 1 2

Started by Batlou
Views: 4414 Posts: 48

2013-07-14 7:51 PM RussTKD
RELATED ARTICLES
date : June 1, 2011
author : Scott Tinley
comments : 1
Sport and religion both celebrate group values and offer excitement. Sport and religion are grounded in disciplined practice, a devotion to a cause, and a belief in the unseen. And both require faith.

date : April 18, 2011
Balancing the triathlete you are with your vision for the triathlete you could be.
date : October 5, 2010
comments : 4
The grand pull to Kona is both a product of our sport's mythology, marketing, and the intangible desires that each create.

date : September 3, 2010
Stripped of its three-figure entry fees and five figure bikes, when the gun goes off it's still a bunch of crazies doing three sports for a thousand reasons.
date : August 9, 2010
comments : 4
As endurance athletes, by definition we must go to our borders to find our center. There is meaning in suffering, we tell ourselves, but not in stupidity.

date : April 14, 2010
author : AMSSM
comments : 0
During the last few days I have noticed these symptoms: higher resting heart rate, increased stress and trouble sleeping. Am I overtraining?
date : September 28, 2009
author : Coach AJ
comments : 0
New products from Athlete 3, Fuji, Garmin, Kestrel, LiveStrong, Reynolds, Scott, Specialized, Shimano and Vision Tech

date : September 26, 2009
author : Coach AJ
comments : 2
New products from Prologo, Lake, Avia, Orbea, Ceepo, Jamis, Zipp, Profile, Scott and Specialized.