Other Resources My Cup of Joe » basement trainer youtube and sound Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, the bear, DerekL, alicefoeller Reply
2014-11-14 11:48 PM

Subject: basement trainer youtube and sound
Something for a Saturday discussion.

I painted the white block walls. Those of us in the north that spend our winters inside a basement on a bike trainer should understand this.

I spent a few dollars and changed out the $20 ear buds for a Denon AVR-E400 receiver, a pair of Def Tech monitors and am set up for the flat screen, just waiting on sales. So far I am happy with the new sound…..but

I have a Toshiba laptop and a Chrome book. If I wanted to run a concert from YouTube (example http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H08KUGpcL2Q) suggestions on how I do that? Now I admit I am sitting at work now and have not even looked at any manuals or what I have for outputs on the chrome book or laptop. But it’s a slow night

Joe

2014-11-15 11:09 AM
in reply to: Puppetmaster

User image

Pro
Camp Hill, Pennsylvania
Subject: RE: basement trainer youtube and sound

I do that in my training studio using a Google Chromecast.  $30 at Best Buy.

2014-11-17 9:52 AM
in reply to: TriMyBest

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE

Originally posted by TriMyBest

I do that in my training studio using a Google Chromecast.  $30 at Best Buy.

+1 on the Chromecast.  I have them all over the house and they're great.  It's as simple as plugging into an HDMI port on your TV and clicking a button on your chrome browser to cast it to the TV.  Can't beat the price either.

2014-11-20 10:13 AM

User image

Along with the Chromecast, both Apple TV and Roku have youtube channels in them so you can just save the youtube video to your favorites and play it on your TV as well as using the other channels available without the laptop.

2014-11-20 2:46 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Ballston Spa, NY
Not sure why you guys are buying all these things....

Hook the laptop up to the tv via HDMI and it will feed audio and video. I'm betting you already have an HDMI cable somewhere.
2014-11-21 7:53 AM
in reply to: cornick

User image

Regular
Georgetown, KY
I too have a chromecast because I have older flat-screens and don't like cables. One thing to keep in mind: don't buy anything else until you get your TV. Most of them are "smart" TV's now that have wifi and apps like YouTube built in. If you wind up with a smart tv, you save yourself any wires and a bunch of clicks on the computer.

2014-11-21 8:29 AM

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE

Originally posted by cornick Not sure why you guys are buying all these things.... Hook the laptop up to the tv via HDMI and it will feed audio and video. I'm betting you already have an HDMI cable somewhere.

Wired connections are soo 2012.    j/k

The cool part about wireless connection solutions is they're far more universal.  With chromecast, I can play video from my phone, ipad, android tab, laptop, pc, etc.  Out of all those, only my laptop has an HDMI connection.  Throw in the fact that the chromecast dongle costs about the same as an HDMI cable then it's a win/win

You are correct though, that a wired HDMI works just fine, if the device you're using supports it.

2014-11-21 10:35 AM

User image

Elite
Cleveland

Originally posted by cornick Not sure why you guys are buying all these things.... Hook the laptop up to the tv via HDMI and it will feed audio and video. I'm betting you already have an HDMI cable somewhere.

$30 for Chromecast and you can cast video from your phone, tablet, or any other device that you can connect to your wireless network.

I ride in front of my PC and watch stuff on the attached 28" monitor, so, I don't use any of the above... but if I used a TV, it'd either be a smart TV, or one with Chromecast.

2014-11-22 8:00 AM
in reply to: cgregg

I picked up a little Vizio to replace my bathroom tv. It has the apps in it for Youtube, I really don't know what I was thinking, I will just go larger in the basement
2014-11-29 4:13 PM

Update

Vizio 49" screen, Denon receiver, Samsung Blu-ray, Apple TV and Def Tech speakers.

No white block walls for me this winter

Joe
New Thread
Other Resources My Cup of Joe » basement trainer youtube and sound Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

Moisture in my basement

Started by triguynewbie
Views: 1194 Posts: 11

2011-09-09 8:01 AM Bmel

Great deals on tri apparel @ Sports Basement

Started by vmaldonado111
Views: 1356 Posts: 8

2011-08-11 9:50 AM TriAya

Steve Prefontaine Video...winning an indoor mile...youtube.

Started by shawn barr
Views: 625 Posts: 3

2006-11-06 10:31 AM GolfMark

Funny youtube video

Started by jjweav
Views: 523 Posts: 3

2006-10-29 3:19 PM jjweav

youtube

Started by autumn
Views: 524 Posts: 2

2006-08-08 7:41 PM BbMoozer
RELATED ARTICLES
date : June 28, 2012
author : AMSSM
comments : 1
There are about three causes to the clicking sound in your knee, even if it doesn't hurt. Also included are some exercises to help alleviate the symptoms.

date : January 25, 2012
author : FitWerx
comments : 0
This article will discuss the differences between TrainerRoad and PowerTap's power numbers and how to best use each of them.
date : November 28, 2011
author : juliapurr
Bored out of your mind or watching a movie? Amp it up on the bike trainer.

date : November 5, 2010
author : FitWerx
Do you struggle to hold your power output indoors versus outdoors? The keys to this problem are due to lack of cooling and the flywheel effect.
date : February 4, 2009
author : mikericci
Here are our most popular questions for training during the off season. Everything from treadmills to heart rate monitors to core strength.

date : December 28, 2008
author : mat steinmetz
comments : 1
Tired of your bike trainer already? Here are two indoor bike trainer workouts that you can use to keep things interesting while keeping your cycling fitness up.
date : December 3, 2008
author : dexter
comments : 15
What are rollers? How can rollers help your bike training? Learn how to use your first set of rollers without doing too much bodily harm to yourself.

date : September 1, 2004
author : TriSports.com
As the Holiday season approaches and temperatures steadily drop, triathletes become faced with a difficult decision, to ride or not to ride.