Other Resources My Cup of Joe » Eff the man! Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, the bear, DerekL, alicefoeller Reply
2014-11-20 3:33 PM

User image

Champion
NOVA - Ironic for an Endurance Athlete
Subject: Eff the man!

Just spent the day in traffic court.  It was total BS and a waste of time.

2014-11-20 7:45 PM
in reply to: pga_mike

User image

Elite
Subject: RE: Eff the man!
Originally posted by pga_mike

There's this great song written by a group out of Compton, CA...I believe NWA was their name...next time, pop that on your ol' earbuds.

2014-11-21 9:44 AM

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE

One of the reasons I have a video camera in my car.  No matter what the truth is, the courts will always take the word of the Po Po over you.  If you truly did no wrong but can't prove it, then you will lose.  
I fortunately don't get tickets very often, but I do always go to court because 3 out of the 4 times I've gone the citing officer never showed and I won by default.  haha

2014-11-21 12:20 PM
in reply to: tuwood

User image

Expert
Boise, ID

Yeah traffic court sucks. The prosecutors for traffic court are right out of law school and looking to move up in the office, they do that by winning. The judges are peeved they have to be there in the first place for "trivial" matters. So if the cop shows up, you are basically screwed.

2014-11-21 1:50 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Westchester, NY
So true. Traffic court blows.

I got a $65 ticket for a "no parking on Tuesday" naturally I blew a gasket.

I looked for a sign that says this. I took all kinds of pictures and sent the ticket back.

Court comes and I make my presentation, show pictures etc.

The judge then says that I have to drive the entire street looking for a sign. The street was 5 miles long. It would've taken longer to drive it than the time I was parked.

The judge then reduced the fine by $20. A giant thanks for nothing...
2014-11-21 2:44 PM
in reply to: louamerica

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE

Originally posted by louamerica So true. Traffic court blows. I got a $65 ticket for a "no parking on Tuesday" naturally I blew a gasket. I looked for a sign that says this. I took all kinds of pictures and sent the ticket back. Court comes and I make my presentation, show pictures etc. The judge then says that I have to drive the entire street looking for a sign. The street was 5 miles long. It would've taken longer to drive it than the time I was parked. The judge then reduced the fine by $20. A giant thanks for nothing...

In Nebraska they have the whole "points" thing where you can lose your license if you have so many points deducted.  Whenever you get a ticket they give you the option to not only pay your ticket (and admit guilt), but you can also sign up for a safety class to remove the points.  It's just another mechanism to extort more money out of you and prevent you from going to court.  If you're found guilty in court you don't have the option to take the class.

2014-11-21 2:57 PM
in reply to: tuwood

User image

New user
Austin, Texas

Originally posted by tuwood

One of the reasons I have a video camera in my car.  No matter what the truth is, the courts will always take the word of the Po Po over you.  If you truly did no wrong but can't prove it, then you will lose.  
I fortunately don't get tickets very often, but I do always go to court because 3 out of the 4 times I've gone the citing officer never showed and I won by default.  haha

Do you have a constantly running dash cam? Or is it just something you turn on if you get pulled over?

2014-11-21 3:28 PM
in reply to: trijamie

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE

Originally posted by trijamie

Originally posted by tuwood

Do you have a constantly running dash cam? Or is it just something you turn on if you get pulled over?

Full time dashcam runs day and night, even when I'm not driving.  Wife has one in her truck as well.  I've caught a couple accidents and even identified a burglary vehicle that just so happened to be driving out of the neighborhood when I was coming home.  I love it.  

You can read all about it here:
Keeping up with the Russians

2014-11-21 6:47 PM
in reply to: 0

User image

Champion

Here's the rest of the story.

I got a ticket for driving in an HOV Lane.

Here is the catch.

The signs for the entrance ramp indicate that there is an HOV lane when you take a left turn.  They don't say HOV ONLY.  They say "HOV-2".

The entire freaking highway (Route 66) goes HOV ONLY for certain hours.  That's right, the entire highway. Two lane highway, both lanes.  Do you know how many signs there are on a 20 mile stretch of Route 66 indicating this?  No HOV-2 signs on the highway.  No HOV diamonds on the roads.  ZERO indicators!  Every HOV LANE in Virginia has diamonds every 200 yards and signs about every 400 yards. The only signs for an ENTIRE HIGHWAY are on the roads adjacent to the entrance ramps.

I told the judge that the state has a legal and ethical obligation to ensure that its citizens are given clear indicators of rules of the road.  And that in a unique situation such as an entire highway being HOV, even a larger obligation.

"Fine reduced by $20.  Next case."

Eff you man!  Imma take this som-beach all the way to the Supreme Court.

Edited by pga_mike 2014-11-21 6:58 PM
2014-11-24 9:15 AM

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE

Here's the rest of the story.

I got a ticket for driving in an HOV Lane.

Here is the catch.

The signs for the entrance ramp indicate that there is an HOV lane when you take a left turn.  They don't say HOV ONLY.  They say "HOV-2".

The entire freaking highway (Route 66) goes HOV ONLY for certain hours.  That's right, the entire highway. Two lane highway, both lanes.  Do you know how many signs there are on a 20 mile stretch of Route 66 indicating this?  No HOV-2 signs on the highway.  No HOV diamonds on the roads.  ZERO indicators!  Every HOV LANE in Virginia has diamonds every 200 yards and signs about every 400 yards. The only signs for an ENTIRE HIGHWAY are on the roads adjacent to the entrance ramps.

I told the judge that the state has a legal and ethical obligation to ensure that its citizens are given clear indicators of rules of the road.  And that in a unique situation such as an entire highway being HOV, even a larger obligation.

"Fine reduced by $20.  Next case."

Eff you man!  Imma take this som-beach all the way to the Supreme Court.

That would be frustrating, and I think I'd do the same thing.  

Good luck on your appeal.

2014-12-03 8:29 AM

, Virginia

Good Luck with this. I'll be following to see how it goes. Keep us informed please.

2015-05-13 12:48 PM
in reply to: tarheeltri9

User image

Champion

I ran out of time and just paid the fine.  Eff me.  The man out-waited me.

New Thread
Other Resources My Cup of Joe » Eff the man! Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

No iron man but a dug out the rut man ! Update

Started by Bigdave001
Views: 915 Posts: 6

2013-04-14 8:13 PM Bigdave001

We talk about men shaving their legs, what about men... Pages: 1 2 3

Started by bel83
Views: 5648 Posts: 74

2012-10-25 2:32 PM mehaner

Pac-man, Pac-man, Pac-man at least you didn't make it Rain

Started by BellinghamSpence
Views: 1362 Posts: 19

2008-10-10 1:12 PM mrbbrad

Man on Man Massage.... Pages: 1 2

Started by tribullbutter
Views: 1436 Posts: 31

2008-02-21 7:32 PM mman

Man Law. The locker/men's room version. Pages: 1 2 3

Started by mr2tony
Views: 2374 Posts: 70

2008-02-25 11:29 PM ell-in-or
RELATED ARTICLES
date : June 12, 2012
comments : 2
Mark will reveal blow by blow what took him from six devastating setbacks in the Ironman World Championships in Kona to the first of his six World Championship victories on the Big Island.

date : May 3, 2012
author : leglube
comments : 0
Life and training are a lot easier without hair
date : October 9, 2007
author : dr_forbush
comments : 9
The boat was being tossed around. Someone noted that there were whitecaps on the waves. Another guy said, “This is going to be challenging.” I began to wonder what he meant by 'challenging'.

date : August 17, 2007
author : scoli121
comments : 6
I quickly browsed an article in Men's Health that talked about doing a triathlon, and how it wasn't really that hard. With a "tsk!" I quickly turned the page while thinking, "Yeah, right!"
date : July 9, 2007
author : Diane1961
comments : 5
There are so many reasons I love this sport and extremely buff, handsome men disrobing next to me is one of them.

date : May 30, 2005
author : infosteward
comments : 5
All you have to do is say you’re a triathlete and you intimidate the whole world. No matter how much you bench press or what you lift or how many squats you can do.
date : August 31, 2004
author : malvey
comments : 0
Get inspired to race a triathlon even if your older.