Other Resources The Political Joe » I can't seem to wrap my head around Furguson Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

of 4

2014-11-22 12:18 PM

User image

Elite
Subject: I can't seem to wrap my head around Furguson

There is a long history of injustice in this country involving race. We could probably find a few recent examples without looking to hard. But for the life of me... I can't comprehend the "outrage" over Furguson. A thug, that just did a strong armed robbery, attacked a police officer when stopped.... and we are supposed to be outraged over this? If I punched a cop in his face... I sort of expect to be shot. Heck, with CCW.... I sort of expect that depending who I punch.

Shoot.... Rodney King was a criminal high on drugs that would not stop.... but nobody deserved that beat down. I understand police have a hard job, and they should not have to sacrifice their body to stop someone.... but there were 15 cops, and one offender.... I think the situation was under control.

But Brown... I'm just really at a loss.... and yes, when the GJ announces charges will not be filed because the officer did nothing wrong... ya, riots. Oh the outrage.

2014-11-22 6:15 PM
in reply to: powerman

User image

Elite
Subject: RE: I can't seem to wrap my head around Furguson
Originally posted by powerman

There is a long history of injustice in this country involving race. We could probably find a few recent examples without looking to hard. But for the life of me... I can't comprehend the "outrage" over Furguson. A thug, that just did a strong armed robbery, attacked a police officer when stopped.... and we are supposed to be outraged over this? If I punched a cop in his face... I sort of expect to be shot. Heck, with CCW.... I sort of expect that depending who I punch.

Shoot.... Rodney King was a criminal high on drugs that would not stop.... but nobody deserved that beat down. I understand police have a hard job, and they should not have to sacrifice their body to stop someone.... but there were 15 cops, and one offender.... I think the situation was under control.

But Brown... I'm just really at a loss.... and yes, when the GJ announces charges will not be filed because the officer did nothing wrong... ya, riots. Oh the outrage.

I almost fully agree.
My only disagreement is I wish there were more than 15 cops beating Rodney up. You don't drive 100mph through a residential neighborhood hopped up on drugs. He deserved far worse than he got. just my 2 cents.

2014-11-23 11:01 AM
in reply to: #5069207

User image

Elite
Well, I can't speak for everyone, but if I got what I deserved, I would be in a very different place. I have not seen in any penal code where possible punishment includes getting the living #&*$ beat out of you before or after your due process.

I can think of many terrible things to do to many terrible people, but I definitely don't want the State to have that kind of power.

Bottom line is everybody with an axe to grind is trying to turn Ferguson into something more than it is. It's straight up BS. I can't understand how anyone can hitch their wagon to Brown with a straight face.
2014-11-24 7:56 PM

User image

Elite
Originally posted by powerman

Well, I can't speak for everyone, but if I got what I deserved, I would be in a very different place. I have not seen in any penal code where possible punishment includes getting the living #&*$ beat out of you before or after your due process.

I can think of many terrible things to do to many terrible people, but I definitely don't want the State to have that kind of power.

Bottom line is everybody with an axe to grind is trying to turn Ferguson into something more than it is. It's straight up BS. I can't understand how anyone can hitch their wagon to Brown with a straight face.

Well then sir, apparently you're not familiar with the Saudi Arabian penal code!
I know I'm talkin' crazy, but I REALLY have little sympathy for those who put innocent people in harm's way.
The Brown nonsense...just outrageous. He is on tape just robbing a store. This is beyond silly.

• ..about 4 minutes from a decision. It's not going to be a good night to be out in the greater St. Louis area.

• 2014-11-25 1:49 AM
    in reply to: ChineseDemocracy

User image

Expert
    Boise, Idaho

I'm watching an entire parking lot get set on fire on car at a time.  And there isn't a police or fireman anywhere to be seen.  Overcompensating a bit!?

2014-11-25 6:07 AM
    in reply to: jeffnboise

User image

Bronze member

Agree, I don't understand any of it. The outrage, the looting, the fires the protests. What is setting a town on fire supposed to accomplish? Is it emotional meltdown and complete erosion of all respect for others? Is it supposed to be making a point? Are they just thugs stealing and looting for fun?

2014-11-25 9:09 AM
    in reply to: trigal38

User image

Elite

The Brown family said, "they are disappointed the killer of their son will not face the consequences".... I get grief. I understand they lost their son.... but what consequences should a police officer face in a justified shooting of their son that committed a strong arm robbery and then beat the officer in his car? I'm completely lost on that one.

The rioters... thugs behaving as thugs. 

Now the Brown family did say they want body cams on all police.... that one has been around, and that one is coming soon. I also agree with it. Dash cams have been very helpful is 1) getting convictions of criminals, and 2) showing police misconduct.

In this case... it would have shown Brown beating the officer in his car, then charging him after a short chase. Body cams work both ways, and I agree they should be used for both cases.

2014-11-25 9:18 AM
    in reply to: trigal38

User image

Champion
    Chicago, Illinois
    I am thinking its a case of opportunists versus protesters. Protesters want to make a difference while opportunists want to take and destroy.

As for the case itself it might not been the best one to rally around.
    2014-11-25 9:25 AM
    in reply to: 0

User image

Pro
    Omaha, NE

I don't want to say I blame the media, but there are police shootings every single week across America but for some reason this one was brought to the forefront.  The media and politicians latched onto it for some reason.

Perhaps, it was the reports that he was standing with his hands up in the air and "executed" that made it sensational enough to hit the headlines, but as the evidence came out we all discovered that it wasn't the case at all.

Due to the media frenzy all the race hustlers are front and center with the thug followers and the rest is history.

Stay safe down there LB.  If you need me to get things back in order just let me know and I'll head on down.  

Edited by tuwood 2014-11-25 9:26 AM
    2014-11-25 11:09 AM
    in reply to: tuwood

User image

Champion
    Southern Chicago Suburbs, IL

Originally posted by tuwood

I don't want to say I blame the media, but there are police shootings every single week across America but for some reason this one was brought to the forefront.  The media and politicians latched onto it for some reason.

Perhaps, it was the reports that he was standing with his hands up in the air and "executed" that made it sensational enough to hit the headlines, but as the evidence came out we all discovered that it wasn't the case at all.

Due to the media frenzy all the race hustlers are front and center with the thug followers and the rest is history.

Stay safe down there LB.  If you need me to get things back in order just let me know and I'll head on down.  

Like the media latched onto the continued shootings that happen/happened in Chicago each week that had been going on for years before they started reporting on it and will continue to go on after they reported on it that essentially made it look like if you stepped out of your door anywhere near Chicago you might potentially die but that couldn't possibly be happening in essentially every single other major metropolitan city in the nation?  That media and politician coverage?  

/post derailment rant off.

2014-11-25 12:11 PM
    in reply to: tuwood

User image

Expert
    Greenville, SC

blame the media all you want but you tuned in and followed it.  if not for that the story would have been dropped. 

2014-11-25 12:57 PM
    in reply to: Clempson

User image

Pro
    Omaha, NE

Originally posted by Clempson

blame the media all you want but you tuned in and followed it.  if not for that the story would have been dropped. 

I think I first learned about the story here on BT.  lol
    I get your point though, people tune in and watch so the media is going to do what they do.

2014-11-25 2:29 PM

User image

Expert
    Austin, TX
    In our paper this morning, they interviewed one of the "protesters."

He justified burning down local businesses because the businesses have insurance.

The ignorance in that statement is mind blowing.

2014-11-25 3:17 PM
    in reply to: Hugh in TX

User image

Pro

My job is never boring.

2014-11-25 3:30 PM
    in reply to: Left Brain

User image

Veteran
    St. Louis

Originally posted by Left Brain

My job is never boring.

So you got any inside rumors about how exciting tonight will be? Stay safe.

2014-11-25 3:32 PM
    in reply to: Bob Loblaw

User image

Pro
    Omaha, NE

Originally posted by Bob Loblaw

Originally posted by Left Brain

My job is never boring.

So you got any inside rumors about how exciting tonight will be? Stay safe.

I caught this picture of LB walking out to his car on the way to lunch today.  

2014-11-25 8:32 PM
    in reply to: #5069207

User image

Elite
    So you might have seen by now... The step father, after hearing the decision, and consoling Michael Browns mother... Told the crowd to "burn this M. F'er down". I suppose I should riot now over the fact he won't be charged with inciting a riot. Absolutely ridiculous.
    2014-11-26 7:32 AM

User image

Pro
    Omaha, NE

Originally posted by powerman So you might have seen by now... The step father, after hearing the decision, and consoling Michael Browns mother... Told the crowd to "burn this M. F'er down". I suppose I should riot now over the fact he won't be charged with inciting a riot. Absolutely ridiculous.

He'll probably get the Presidential Medal of Freedom 

2014-11-26 11:12 AM
    in reply to: ChineseDemocracy

Arden, North Carolina
    Originally posted by ChineseDemocracy
    The Brown nonsense...just outrageous. He is on tape just robbing a store. This is beyond silly.

• ..about 4 minutes from a decision. It's not going to be a good night to be out in the greater St. Louis area.

• And that justifies an execution? Where do we live again?
    2014-11-26 11:18 AM
    in reply to: TriDadinAsheville

User image

Pro
    Omaha, NE

Originally posted by TriDadinAsheville
    Originally posted by ChineseDemocracy The Brown nonsense...just outrageous. He is on tape just robbing a store. This is beyond silly. ...about 4 minutes from a decision. It's not going to be a good night to be out in the greater St. Louis area.
    And that justifies an execution? Where do we live again?

If you look at the facts of the case, it's most certainly not an execution.  If you attack the police, they have every right to defend themselves.  If somebody attacks you or I, we have the legal right to defend ourselves with whatever means necessary as well.

I can be critical of the police in many instances, but I will always defend their right to go home to their family at night.

2014-11-26 11:23 AM
    in reply to: TriDadinAsheville

User image

Champion
    Chicago, Illinois

Originally posted by ChineseDemocracy

• And that justifies an execution? Where do we live again?

Well isn't that the issue? witnesses came out at first saying he was but there story did not make the evidence or they changed it later? Protesters are believing that he was executed but he was let off because no clear evidence that he was.

2014-11-26 11:41 AM
    in reply to: chirunner134

User image

Pro
    Omaha, NE

Originally posted by chirunner134
    Originally posted by ChineseDemocracy The Brown nonsense...just outrageous. He is on tape just robbing a store. This is beyond silly. ...about 4 minutes from a decision. It's not going to be a good night to be out in the greater St. Louis area.
    And that justifies an execution? Where do we live again?
    Well isn't that the issue? witnesses came out at first saying he was but there story did not make the evidence or they changed it later? Protesters are believing that he was executed but he was let off because no clear evidence that he was.

It would be hard for any rational person to come to the conclusion that he was executed based on the evidence:

5 Crucial Pieces of Evidence Ferguson Grand Jury Saw

2014-11-26 12:29 PM
    in reply to: #5070085

User image

Elite
    No amount of evidence will change minds already made up. Brown's mother does not believe he robbed the store. She said "if, and that's a big if"... Even though Browns friend already said he did and expected to get arrested on the way home. We've seen the evidence of the strong arm robbery even though his mother says he would never do that. She believes, as I'm sure others do that Wilson's testimony is all a lie, even though witnesses in the community cooborated it. Sure... He was executed.
    2014-11-26 3:42 PM

User image

Hey man, stop being such a downer.   Free beer and TVs down at the local mall, it's all good.

2014-11-26 4:25 PM
    in reply to: ChrisM

User image

Champion
    Chicago, Illinois
    If you already do not trust the police then of course what he said is a lie.
    New Thread
    Other Resources The Political Joe » I can't seem to wrap my head around Furguson Rss Feed  

of 4

RELATED POSTS

A thread that we can't let die...or can we? Pages: 1 2

Started by ChineseDemocracy
    Views: 3811 Posts: 45

2014-11-03 8:12 AM tuwood

Just when you think life can't get any worse

Started by BrianRunsPhilly
    Views: 1038 Posts: 3

2013-08-16 10:17 AM Pector55
    RELATED ARTICLES
    date : July 14, 2014
    author : Tri Swim Coach
    comments : 2
    Is there an ideal head position? The criteria below will give you a general idea of when you know you have found your sweet spot for head position.