General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » new to Tri in texas Rss Feed  
Moderators: IndoIronYanti, k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2014-11-22 8:05 PM

Subject: new to Tri in texas
Hey guy, been hanging out with a couple of guys that are doing the triathlons and ironman races. Basically I'm 33 with 3 kids and I've gotten a tad out of shape "not too bad" but have been pretty intrigued with the workouts and races they've been involved in. Which has sparked my interest to basically get off the couch and get my ass in gear. Earlier this year I ran the savage race just to see how bad i was out of shape. Oddly enough I finished quite well so I am more determined now than ever to get back into training before I go too far in the wrong direction. My buddy Greg. Who is 50 and just completed the IMAZ has really inspired me to get into this triathlon training. So any tips or advice as far as gear, bikes, training exercise is greatly appreciated. I got fit for a bike today at Richardson Bike Mart and think I have my heart set on the Cervelo P2 I rode. So that's pretty much my introduction.

2014-11-25 10:34 AM
in reply to: flyboy_81

User image

New user
Northwest
Subject: RE: new to Tri in texas
Welcome to BT, triathlon is addictive! Sounds like you already have some buddies to train with and that's a great start.
2014-11-28 10:15 PM

User image

Welcome to BT! Just did my first sprint in sept. I'm 42 with 2 kids. Never too late to start.
2014-11-28 10:21 PM

User image

Look into the training plans here on BT. They are really good and balanced. I'm using them with good results. Training and nutrition. With kids, most of my training is early morning or at lunchtime. I would just start with basic gear until you are sure you are hooked. Look at classifieds here on BT and check ebay for good deals. I am currently selling my Garmin 310xt. It's a multi sport gps "watch". Serves as a running watch, cycling computer, gps and more. $100 shipped
New Thread
General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » new to Tri in texas Rss Feed