2014-11-24 12:35 PM
in reply to: GMAN 19030

User image

Expert
Scottsdale, AZ
Subject: RE: Age groupers and doping

Originally posted by GMAN 19030

Originally posted by Left Brain

Quick......name a single AG champion above the age of 35 in the last AG world championship.  Nobody cares. 

I have no idea why anyone in the AG ranks would use potentially dangerous (long term health) performance enhancing drugs to improve a performance nobody cares about.  That's about as silly as it gets.

I get that but the 60-70% of us not cheating would like a level playing field.  If I'm getting my butt kicked by someone I would like the reasons to be they're physically more talented than I am and/or worked harder than me.  I don't want it to be because they have loose ethics and morals and decide to cheat at amateur racing for whatever vain reason they're doing it.  I'm with you.  I get cheating at the professional ranks in any sport.  Don't condone it but I get it.  Money, fame, glory, and all that is a powerful incentive.  Cheating to podium the M45-49 AG at the Local Yocal Triathlon is just absurd.

Of the things that's really turned me off about tri lately. Not that I think running is any cleaner but the places I'd like to go in running don't really involve having to place in front of cheaters; at least not directly. 

2014-11-24 1:09 PM
in reply to: 0

User image

Pro
Camp Hill, Pennsylvania

Quick......name a single AG champion above the age of 35 in the last AG world championship.  Nobody cares. 

I have no idea why anyone in the AG ranks would use potentially dangerous (long term health) performance enhancing drugs to improve a performance nobody cares about.  That's about as silly as it gets.

I get that but the 60-70% of us not cheating would like a level playing field.  If I'm getting my butt kicked by someone I would like the reasons to be they're physically more talented than I am and/or worked harder than me.  I don't want it to be because they have loose ethics and morals and decide to cheat at amateur racing for whatever vain reason they're doing it.  I'm with you.  I get cheating at the professional ranks in any sport.  Don't condone it but I get it.  Money, fame, glory, and all that is a powerful incentive.  Cheating to podium the M45-49 AG at the Local Yocal Triathlon is just absurd.

Oh, I get your point as well, and I agree.  The problem is, USAT does not care about doping in the AG ranks......they probably can't afford to care.   (again, in no way is that comment a slap at USAT....I can't figure out why they would care either and they do a great job with their races, athlete development, customer service, etc.)

Here's a reason they should care:  Because one of their primary missions is to develop talent for the Olympics.  The more widespread doping is within the AG ranks, the more likely it is to be acceptable and accessible to the future Olympians who are the teenage children of many of those same AGers.

Edited by TriMyBest 2014-11-24 1:10 PM
2014-11-24 1:11 PM
in reply to: kocourek

I have a couple of ex-neighbors who took stuff just to be big. These were guys in their 40's with families. They were not competing they just wanted to be big. When in high school in the 80's I knew several people on steroids some played sports others just lifted. So I am not surprised that a sport that draws type A personalities with income and little to no drug testing would have a doping problem,
2014-11-24 1:29 PM
in reply to: TriMyBest

User image

Pro

Originally posted by TriMyBest

Oh, I get your point as well, and I agree.  The problem is, USAT does not care about doping in the AG ranks......they probably can't afford to care.   (again, in no way is that comment a slap at USAT....I can't figure out why they would care either and they do a great job with their races, athlete development, customer service, etc.)

Here's a reason they should care:  Because one of their primary missions is to develop talent for the Olympics.  The more widespread doping is within the AG ranks, the more likely it is to be acceptable and accessible to the future Olympians who are the teenage children of many of those same AGers.

I don't know about that.  The kids in the athlete development program get pretty rigorous training with regard to international doping standards.  The development pathway within USAT looks nothing like the AG pathway.  You can pretty easily monitor and police the relatively small nuymber of young athletes inthe USAT development program.

I'm not arguing that they should or shouldn't care about AG'ers.....and I think, obviously, it'd be great if they could police the AG ranks.  But let's be honest here......they can't.....it's too big.  Hell, anti doping agencies aren't able to fully Police the pro ranks of any sport....and we are talking about a handful of people.

How many participants in Masters swim meets, under the USA Swimmiung banner, get tested?  Why should USA swimming care?  The governing bodies exist, for the biggest part, to promote and develope our international athletes.  AG racing is just for fun.....that's all.

2014-11-24 1:41 PM
in reply to: Left Brain

Subject: ...
This user's post has been ignored.
2014-11-24 1:51 PM

Stories like these make me want to get out of racing and continue to just exercise for my own health benefits. What is the point of racing if people are cheating?

You also hear stuff about people using another person's bib in order to qualify for them. Grrr....

Edited by jennifer_runs 2014-11-24 1:54 PM

2014-11-24 2:19 PM
in reply to: jennifer_runs

Veteran
The Woodlands, TX
Originally posted by jennifer_runs

Stories like these make me want to get out of racing and continue to just exercise for my own health benefits. What is the point of racing if people are cheating?

You also hear stuff about people using another person's bib in order to qualify for them. Grrr....

For me, the point of racing is to test myself. I'm almost always towards the front of the middle of the pack and I know I'm not going to podium, but I'm still going to race. Race day is an opportunity to lay it out there and see what you're capeable of. I get that it's a race, but, really, I'm competing against myself.....other people just happen to be on the course. So, I really don't care what others may or may not be taking. It doesn't have any impact on me or "my" race.

I do think the drafting analogy is a good one......it's really a planned, deliberate violation of the rules.
2014-11-24 2:44 PM
in reply to: kocourek

If we want wide spread AG drug testing, then the AGers will have to pay for it.  I just don't see that happening across the board.

The only thing I can see is if the WTC stepped up and forced everyone who claimed a KQ spot to take and pay for a drug test as part of accepting the spot.  Roll the cost of their test into the price of entry.  This would go for lottery and legacy winners as well as technically they are eligible for the AG win/podium at Kona.  Maybe tack on another $50 per entry at Kona so that everyone on the podium at Kona can get re-tested.  I honestly don't think that many people will complain about a $1500 entry fee to Kona when most people are already dropping over $10k just to make the trip.

Maybe the USAT could also implement this for anyone claiming a spot at AG Nationals.

Other than those two cases...I just don't see why AGers would agree to pay for testing.  I don't think that MOP and BOP athletes should pay for it because they likely don't care.  If the people in the hunt for prestigious AG awards want testing, then they should pay for it.  If top AGers are going to cry bloody murder because testing is too expensive...well...then I guess you can't complain that dopers will continue to get away with it.

2014-11-24 2:59 PM
in reply to: Clempson

Master
ann arbor, michigan
Originally posted by Clempson

Originally posted by marcag
Originally posted by kocourek I was relaxing at home when I saw an article on the webpage of our local triathlon society that one of our top local female age groupers tested pos. for the steroids Clenbuterol and Phentermine. Really? Why would it be necessary for someone to do that at nearly 50 years of age to use stuff like that? I can still understand that Clenbuterol can find its way into fat burning supplements. It happens more often that you think The killer in this deal is Phentermine, its an appetite suppressant, that as I understand it works in the brain to suppress those hunger pangs. Very expensive drug and you will not find that in any off the shelf fat burner. I have always admired the athlete concerned, She was a great competitor, killer on the bike. Now I know why Banned for 2 years. My respect and respect of others. Lost Guess there will be a S-Works with deep section Zipps on the market fairly soon. I love to compete, its a good feeling to win. Sure as hell not worth that price though.
In Germany they are talking about laws that would make it criminal to dope. For both foreigners and locals. Fail a drug test and you can go to prison. That should be interesting if it passes. I love the Germans for this kind of stuff. No mucking around. There have been studies that show a significant number of people do dope. Strange but true.

that's interesting.  doping in sports is more like a rule violation than illegal activity.  it's cheating, not criminal activity; that same reasoning could be extrapolated to require community service for course cutting or wearing headphones in the local 5k. 

Taking prescription drugs that are not prescribed to you is against the law. Obtaining and using prescription drugs without a prescription is against the law. So, there is some justification for legal action against people improperly using drugs for performance enhancement. If you are using T and it is prescribed, then I think it would be pretty hard to pursue legal action but maybe not......

Aditionally, at the pro level (and somewhat at the amateur level with championship race qualifications), cheating is a form of fraud and could be interpreted as stealing winnings from other athletes if you want to go that route. Think about Natascha Badmann who had an IMWC victory awarded to her weeks after the event. She missed out on all of the glory of that win. Think of someone who is awarded an Olympic Gold Medal months or years after the competition is over when the original winner is found to have been doping. Think of the money in endorsements that they lost. You can never regain that. At the AG level you are just robbed of the glory of winning by cheaters but it matters a lot to the person who lost to a doper (even if you and I don't know who they are.)
2014-11-24 3:12 PM
in reply to: Sidney Porter

Originally posted by Sidney Porter

I have a couple of ex-neighbors who took stuff just to be big. These were guys in their 40's with families. They were not competing they just wanted to be big. When in high school in the 80's I knew several people on steroids some played sports others just lifted. So I am not surprised that a sport that draws type A personalities with income and little to no drug testing would have a doping problem,

I agree. People keep saying they don't see why, as if all human behavior is logical. I don't think most human behavior is logical. A lot of people would argue that dropping a couple hundred dollars on race fees, a few thousand dollars on equipment, and spending countless hours to train for something that we have no hope of ever winning is illogical.

When I race, my primary concern is to see how well I can do against a course, but that isn't my only concern. If I see someone littering or blocking, I will make it my goal to beat them. Somehow, someone being a jerk motivates me to race harder. In a perfectly logical world, it would have no effect.

I bet that the people who are cheating by taking drugs have some sort of logic. It might be the "everyone else is doing it" logic. I might be the idea that it is still them achieving the goals, and they convince themselves that the drugs don't really help. I don't know, but everyone has motivations that we don't understand. It doesn't make it right, and in the case of someone being busted three times, I think that should be a lifetime ban, but not understanding something doesn't mean people won't do it.
2014-11-24 3:35 PM
in reply to: Jason N

Pro

Originally posted by Jason N

If we want wide spread AG drug testing, then the AGers will have to pay for it.  I just don't see that happening across the board.

The only thing I can see is if the WTC stepped up and forced everyone who claimed a KQ spot to take and pay for a drug test as part of accepting the spot.  Roll the cost of their test into the price of entry.  This would go for lottery and legacy winners as well as technically they are eligible for the AG win/podium at Kona.  Maybe tack on another $50 per entry at Kona so that everyone on the podium at Kona can get re-tested.  I honestly don't think that many people will complain about a $1500 entry fee to Kona when most people are already dropping over $10k just to make the trip.

Maybe the USAT could also implement this for anyone claiming a spot at AG Nationals.

Other than those two cases...I just don't see why AGers would agree to pay for testing.  I don't think that MOP and BOP athletes should pay for it because they likely don't care.  If the people in the hunt for prestigious AG awards want testing, then they should pay for it.  If top AGers are going to cry bloody murder because testing is too expensive...well...then I guess you can't complain that dopers will continue to get away with it.

What, exactly, is a "prestigious AG award?"  We have an AG National Gold and an AG World Bronze in our house.....we must have missed the prestige train.

2014-11-24 3:57 PM

Originally posted by gsmacleod
Originally posted by Hot Runner Does not surprise me--I'd guess it's more common than most suspect, particularly among older age groupers at the pointy end of things. A friend and I were talking about this recently--men can claim low T as a medical condition and sometimes get away with supplementation that may not be needed for medical reasons, but what do women do? We decided we just get old, and work harder for fewer results! But maybe this is what some of them do.....fortunately she got caught. As a young athlete and now as an AG competitor, I've had my suspicions from time to time, particularly when someone comes out of total obscurity, has a few amazing races, then you never see results again, but performance and talent are complex matters, and I guess it's always innocent until proven guilty. Just sad how some people get carried away-- in my mind the whole point of endurance sports is to be a healthy lifelong passion.
While they very well may get away with it, due to the fact that testing is incredibly rare for age groupers, that doesn't mean that they are competing legally. While AGers can get a retroactive therapeutic use exemption (TUE) for many things (unlike elites who need a TUE in place in order to compete legally), one thing they need a TUE in place for prior to competing is testosterone. Further, an athlete would need to have essentially no T in order to successful obtain a TUE and compete legally. While there are at least some AGers who are taking T, often prescribed by an anti-aging doc, there are few who are doing so within the rules of the sport. Shane

Bingo.  The percentage of T-usage in the male AG ranks is probably double or triple what anyone thinks it is and even higher at the pointy end of the M35+ AG ranks.  I'd be willing to bet 1/3 of the top 10% of each AG from M35-39 and above would fail a random drug test if administered.... perhaps higher.  The Low-T bull$hit is out of control.

I totally agree with you in that AG champions is NOT worth the gamble with health and rules to use steroids.

BUT, I can actually understand why these athletes would do it. When you're competing whether it be for a podium spot, or all time personal PR, and training hard, you're often busting your tail 15+ hours per week, for very small gains. And you're also spending thousands of dollars on little things that gain you seconds, like racing wheels, or dieting for months to lose 3 pounds to get 6sec/mile on your run. 

I could see how once someone working this hard sees that a few injections of an illegal substance dwarf all the thousands of dollars AND hundreds if not thousands of sacrificed hours training quite easily, how they would get addicted to it, health be danged. 

Health benefits are only a small reason of why most competitive athletes train as hard as they do. In fact, it's probably close to a nonfactor for most of them, whereas a few seconds here and there means everything to them in terms of their training. If I wanted to just train 'to be fit', I would require 30 minutes a day or less of easy running, and that would be it. 

Edited by yazmaster 2014-11-24 4:00 PM
2014-11-24 4:18 PM
in reply to: yazmaster

Pro

Originally posted by yazmaster

Originally posted by Hot Runner Does not surprise me--I'd guess it's more common than most suspect, particularly among older age groupers at the pointy end of things. A friend and I were talking about this recently--men can claim low T as a medical condition and sometimes get away with supplementation that may not be needed for medical reasons, but what do women do? We decided we just get old, and work harder for fewer results! But maybe this is what some of them do.....fortunately she got caught. As a young athlete and now as an AG competitor, I've had my suspicions from time to time, particularly when someone comes out of total obscurity, has a few amazing races, then you never see results again, but performance and talent are complex matters, and I guess it's always innocent until proven guilty. Just sad how some people get carried away-- in my mind the whole point of endurance sports is to be a healthy lifelong passion.
While they very well may get away with it, due to the fact that testing is incredibly rare for age groupers, that doesn't mean that they are competing legally. While AGers can get a retroactive therapeutic use exemption (TUE) for many things (unlike elites who need a TUE in place in order to compete legally), one thing they need a TUE in place for prior to competing is testosterone. Further, an athlete would need to have essentially no T in order to successful obtain a TUE and compete legally. While there are at least some AGers who are taking T, often prescribed by an anti-aging doc, there are few who are doing so within the rules of the sport. Shane

Bingo.  The percentage of T-usage in the male AG ranks is probably double or triple what anyone thinks it is and even higher at the pointy end of the M35+ AG ranks.  I'd be willing to bet 1/3 of the top 10% of each AG from M35-39 and above would fail a random drug test if administered.... perhaps higher.  The Low-T bull$hit is out of control.

I totally agree with you in that AG champions is NOT worth the gamble with health and rules to use steroids.

BUT, I can actually understand why these athletes would do it. When you're competing whether it be for a podium spot, or all time personal PR, and training hard, you're often busting your tail 15+ hours per week, for very small gains. And you're also spending thousands of dollars on little things that gain you seconds, like racing wheels, or dieting for months to lose 3 pounds to get 6sec/mile on your run. 

I could see how once someone working this hard sees that a few injections of an illegal substance dwarf all the thousands of dollars AND hundreds if not thousands of sacrificed hours training quite easily, how they would get addicted to it, health be danged. 

Health benefits are only a small reason of why most competitive athletes train as hard as they do. In fact, it's probably close to a nonfactor for most of them, whereas a few seconds here and there means everything to them in terms of their training. If I wanted to just train 'to be fit', I would require 30 minutes a day or less of easy running, and that would be it. 

I might be able to see your point if we are talking about a professional endeavor, or the Olympics, etc.  This is AG triathlon.....it's Wednesday night beer league softball for crying out loud. 

2014-11-24 4:18 PM
in reply to: yazmaster

Extreme Veteran

People are asking why would people do unhealthy things.

Remember there are a lot people who think this $hit is actually good for them. I don't think a lot of people in endurance sports are on steroids.
Many people are taking T because they believe it is keeping them younger. Add on to the fact it may get you a Kona slot and even more reason to use it (in their minds). No testing, it's a win, win situation in their minds

2014-11-24 4:22 PM

Extreme Veteran
I might be able to see your point if we are talking about a professional endeavor, or the Olympics, etc.  This is AG triathlon.....it's Wednesday night beer league softball for crying out loud. 

For some, a Kona slot of example, is more than Wednesday night beer league softball.

I do not believe it's a reason to cheat, but don't dismiss other people's ambitions or accomplishments just because they are not your own.

The lady that cheated, the start of this thread, was that level of player.

Edited by marcag 2014-11-24 4:23 PM
2014-11-24 4:23 PM

What, exactly, is a "prestigious AG award?"  We have an AG National Gold and an AG World Bronze in our house.....we must have missed the prestige train.

Prestigious in the sense that you would be willing to pay for a drug test in order to claim such a reward.  Hence the reason why I don't think we will see wide spread AG testing.  There is not enough reward to justify the cost with a few exceptions such as Kona.  I'm not sure how much people value an AG national or world spot/title/podium...so I'm not sure if people are willing to pay for testing in those cases.

Either way, my point is simply that if you want clean racing, someone has to pay for it.

2014-11-24 4:30 PM
in reply to: Jason N

Pro

Prestigious in the sense that you would be willing to pay for a drug test in order to claim such a reward.  Hence the reason why I don't think we will see wide spread AG testing.  There is not enough reward to justify the cost with a few exceptions such as Kona.  I'm not sure how much people value an AG national or world spot/title/podium...so I'm not sure if people are willing to pay for testing in those cases.

Either way, my point is simply that if you want clean racing, someone has to pay for it.

Yeah, I think you are exactly right.....and I agree that it will have to be the athletes (and that will never happen).....because the truth is they are the only ones, and not many of them even, who even remotely care.  The vast majority of AG athletes will never even sniff an AG podium at any level, much less National or World.....they don't care.

2014-11-24 4:45 PM
in reply to: GMAN 19030

Champion
NOVA - Ironic for an Endurance Athlete

My wife takes both of these.  She finished her last 13.1 in 3:11.

She has asthma, thyroid/metabolism issues.

Now, if I could get my hands on some real PED's, I could podium at my local sprint triathlon.

2014-11-24 5:51 PM

Originally posted by g_shotts

Originally posted by jennifer_runs

For me, the point of racing is to test myself. I'm almost always towards the front of the middle of the pack and I know I'm not going to podium, but I'm still going to race. Race day is an opportunity to lay it out there and see what you're capeable of. I get that it's a race, but, really, I'm competing against myself.....other people just happen to be on the course. So, I really don't care what others may or may not be taking. It doesn't have any impact on me or "my" race.

Except that the whole purpose of the race is to test yourself not only against yourself but also against others, in a competitive environment. No, someone else cheating doesn't directly impact my race, but it impacts the entire race. What's the point of a race if it's not fair competition?

If I only want to test myself I can do that alone with time trials and self-tests, and I do this to track my own progress. But races are that extra component of the sport which you can't get by training alone.

I guess like anything in life, cheatahs gonna cheat. If something is on the line with an age group award then I think there should be age-group testing.

Edited by jennifer_runs 2014-11-24 5:53 PM
2014-11-24 6:53 PM
in reply to: pga_mike

Brooklyn, New York
Originally posted by pga_mike

My wife takes both of these.  She finished her last 13.1 in 3:11.

She has asthma, thyroid/metabolism issues.

Now, if I could get my hands on some real PED's, I could podium at my local sprint triathlon.

Great point, because OP mentioned that, not steroidal PED's and doping (EPO) or actual Tesosterone etc. I never subscribed to the ephedrine ban because it helps my chronic allergies and opens my airways and keeps me lean as well. Who knows, if they didn't blame the death of Darryl Kile way back on Ephedrine use, it wouldn't be vilified as much. (He died of atherosclerosis - not eph use). I'm just glad big brother doesn't know how well my test is doing at age 40 (consistent Ayurvedic herbal plan for years) otherwise they'd ban everything that helps me.

I also used to be a competitive natural bodybuilder (never a steroid or hormone whatsoever), but knowingly competed side by side with guys I KNEW were juicing and passed the tests.

A true competitor competes for themselves. If you're clean, enjoy being clean. It's down near impossible to have a 100% level playing field
2014-11-24 8:06 PM
in reply to: TJHammer

Subject: ...
This user's post has been ignored.

2014-11-24 9:34 PM
in reply to: Fred D

Pro
Houston
I know a guy who used the whole low T thing in his mid 30's and nowhere near podium in his AG. For some it comes down to ego.
2014-11-24 10:41 PM
in reply to: Fred D

Brooklyn, New York
Originally posted by Fred D

I never subscribed to the ephedrine ban because it helps my chronic allergies and opens my airways and keeps me lean as well.

I've kind of wondered how many AGers actually would fail a WADA drug test. I bet it is a pretty high amount. If you are taking pseuophed OOC, it can be allowed. If you are taking psedophed IC... then it's not allowed.

Some AGers knowingly take the stuff, like Pseudaphed, and know it's banned (in competition), others have no idea what is banned and would be horrified to learn they are breaking the rules.

testosterone, Cold remedies, and many more are banned, yet people rationalize for many reasons why it's ok for them to take the stuff AND compete.

I'm not naieve, but I care, because I am on the podium with some frequency and am a Kona-time kind of guy.

Yet, I know people rationalize in all aspects of life and that cheating is part of life for so many, whether it be work, school, taxes, etc. I don't do tri's for podiums, I do it because I like it. If I were only into podiums, I would be pretty depressed thinking about the cheating, etc.

So, I care... but I don't lose sleep over the issue.

I am not naive in that I need to rationalize anything. The ephedrine ban was a knee jerk reaction. It's not a steroid, but sure as hell was treated like one.
You should see what the NYPD bans just because it might trigger a "high T" test result. (Which, as we know, tests for Testosterone can't definitively pinpoint direct causal agents)
COLD REMEDIES are banned, big brother at work. I've missed AG podium by just a couple of spots few times. When I do, I'll gladly hand over the medal to big brother so I can take my antihistammines!
2014-11-24 10:58 PM

You talk as if amateurs shouldn't care about their results. Some of them don't podium but care a LOT. Heck, I care a lot and I'm nowhere near elite level, but I really consider it important to race to my personal standards. 

Along your reaosoning, your son, even though he's a national class youth triathlete, probably won't be the Kona world champion, really shouldn't care much how he does in the sport since he's not professionally racing or competing in the Olympics.

2014-11-24 11:01 PM
in reply to: #5069481

naperville, Illinois
age groupers i have known to dope do so not because they are getting old, but rather because they eat up all the attention. the three i have know post their swims, runs and rides on fb at least once a day and also love posting their 'hot' body parts with scores of people giving them 'likes' for parts and posts. i find it sad that they need to cheat to get attention, but at least they are still working hard too to get the attention????
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Age groupers and doping Rss Feed  

of 4

RELATED POSTS

Another Age Grouper Doping Case - Tri This Time Pages: 1 2 3

Started by gsmacleod
Views: 6819 Posts: 54

2012-10-24 1:17 PM gsmacleod

Age groupers that should compete as novice or Elite

Started by snowriderinfl
Views: 1292 Posts: 13

2009-05-02 10:21 AM gearboy

Doping and Age Groupers Pages: 1 2

Started by scoobysdad
Views: 3142 Posts: 50

2007-07-25 12:44 PM Broompatrol

Sponsor Looking for Age Groupers

Started by berlinsd
Views: 1375 Posts: 8

2006-09-07 10:23 AM MikeTheBear

first timer or age grouper?

Started by bmacmanus
Views: 565 Posts: 3

2005-11-04 9:12 AM runnergirl29
RELATED ARTICLES
date : April 18, 2013
author : alicefoeller
comments : 0
BT amateurs compete in San Diego race on the world stage.

date : October 21, 2011
author : Scott Tinley
Part Three: What's Reality Got to Do with Anything Old?
date : September 16, 2011
Part Two: On Appreciation and Acceptance. At some point your body will let you down. Then you have to decide whether it is really the enemy.

date : August 19, 2011
comments : 1
Part One: On Speed, Desire and Age. There are some advantages to running slowly. Now, give me a minute here and I'll try to think of one.
date : August 8, 2011
author : Gina60
comments : 16
I can't run a seven-minute mile anymore, but that doesn't take away from the joy of finishing

date : March 10, 2011
comments : 1
Tinley on triathlon, aging, and the attitude of a masters athlete
date : March 22, 2007
author : KevinKonczak
Discussions on running muscle imbalance correction, water running, overdistance training, back-to-back Olys, maintenance plans and speed and common age-grouper mistakes.

date : May 3, 2005
author : infosteward
Can the USAT serve its 50,000+ members largely made up of weekend warriors in search of age-group hardware, while catering to the small percent of elite or pro athletes?