General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Anyone veteran PowerTap Joule 1.0 users out there? Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2014-11-30 7:45 AM

User image

Subject: Anyone veteran PowerTap Joule 1.0 users out there?
During this off season, I have added power to my bike. I have a G3 hub paired with a Joule 1.0 computer and I am using the Power Agent software to analyze ride data.

Realizing that there is a lot to learn about training with power, I have spent the off season focusing only on learning how to train with power.

I still have some unanswered questions though...

1. While riding, when beginning an interval, I will hit the interval button. The "INT" shows on the Joule 1.0 screen. However, all the ride data (power, average power, normalized power etc.) showing on my Joule screen is still for the entire ride. Shouldn't it show just the data for the current interval while in "INT" mode?

2. What is the small triangular arrow that you can move around the screen of your Joule? It can be toggled around the joule screen next to the different ride data outputs.

3. When I upload my ride data into Power Agent, The intervals that I marked with my Joule during the ride does not show up automatically. I have to mark them manually within power agent. Shouldn't the intervals that I marked with my Joule during the ride show up in Power Agent automatically?

I have read all guides, reviews and searched all the forums I can find. For the life of me I cannot find the answers to these questions. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

2014-12-01 9:53 AM
in reply to: Calvin386

User image

over a barrier
Subject: RE: Anyone veteran PowerTap Joule 1.0 users out there?
Its been a long long time since I used my Joule (it died) but if I recall hitting the INT (Interval buttom) will just created the interval in your ride data so you can find it when you download and analyze the data on Trainingpeaks etc.

I think you can switch the display to show the INT in real time, I just can't recall how...
2014-12-01 11:03 AM
in reply to: #5070778

User image

Subject: RE: Anyone veteran PowerTap Joule 1.0 users out there?
Someone on ST suggested that I hold the INT button for 3 secs to go to interval mode. Then I do a short press of the interval buttyto start the interval. Sound familiar?
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Anyone veteran PowerTap Joule 1.0 users out there? Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

how to upload cycleop work outs from joule

Started by SEADOCHA
Views: 829 Posts: 2

2012-02-05 11:41 PM spudone

question on pool work outs

Started by SEADOCHA
Views: 1598 Posts: 11

2012-01-12 11:01 AM gsmacleod

Question for "Veterans"

Started by writers2
Views: 1493 Posts: 15

2008-04-20 3:24 PM Rogillio

IMFL SWIM VETERANS

Started by rpm1418
Views: 1797 Posts: 20

2007-10-27 5:56 PM runnergirl

Ironman Veterans - questions

Started by zia_cyclist
Views: 1509 Posts: 17

2006-10-05 12:16 AM HammerheadNY
RELATED ARTICLES
date : March 20, 2007
author : MegL
comments : 8
Ever since I’ve started training for this triathlon, I’ve noticed some subtle differences between me and my friends who are actually VFT’s (Veterans of a Finished Triathlon).

date : September 4, 2004
author : surfking
comments : 0
Triathlons - Not an Ordinary Workout