General Discussion Triathlon Talk » KC Area Groups Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2014-12-01 3:26 PM

User image

Subject: KC Area Groups
Does anyone know of any Kansas City area groups, specifically any in the Northland (not a requirement, it's just be nice)? I live near 435 and 291 and just got into triathlon this year and am lookong for groups to train with, especially for the bike. I know Biscari Bros and Cycle City have group rides, but those are a bit fast for me currently; my average pace in the area around my house is 12.5-13.5 MPH right now, and those state they run around 18 MPH.

I'm giving serious thought to joining the KC chapter of Team RWB, but I'm not sure exactly where they do events at and didn't want to pigeon-hole myself, so thought I'd post here as well.

2014-12-04 4:17 PM
in reply to: Toffels

User image

Extreme Veteran
Olathe, KS
Subject: RE: KC Area Groups

I don't know first hand of any, although I live in JoCo Kansas and I am not an authority. However, from time to time a similar question gets posed on BT about training up in the Northland and what different groups are available. Based on past responses (or lack thereof) it unfortunately seems like the availability  for group training is lacking. KC Multisport focuses mostly in Johnson Co KS and Jackson Co MO. TriKC may have some training opportunities but I am not very familiar with what those are (Northland or otherwise).

I believe there is some running groups that meet up at Smithville Lake or at Wyandotte Park, but that might not be what you'r elooking for and still too far out of your way.

Best of luck!

2015-03-24 11:57 AM

I don't have a group but I will go out and ride or run with you anytime! I'm near maplewoods! Great decision on doing tris....you'll get addicted!!!
2015-04-05 4:09 AM

User image

Expert
, District of Columbia

Moving to KC on May 1 and know nothing about the area. But I'm up for a ride!

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » KC Area Groups Rss Feed