General Discussion Triathlon Talk » swimming with music Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2014-12-06 1:11 PM

Subject: swimming with music
I need some advice on swimming with music. How many of your are using music for your longer swims, and what are you using? I have the waterproof Ipod, but the ear buds dont stay in my ears, and every kick-turn one pops out, especially if im doing speed work. Any advice? How about a blue-tooth system? Thanks

2014-12-06 1:25 PM
in reply to: Jculver26

User image

Richland, Washington
Subject: RE: swimming with music
Originally posted by Jculver26

I need some advice on swimming with music. How many of your are using music for your longer swims, and what are you using? I have the waterproof Ipod, but the ear buds dont stay in my ears, and every kick-turn one pops out, especially if im doing speed work. Any advice? How about a blue-tooth system? Thanks

Been swimming competitivly my whole life. Have never understood why someone would swim with music. Swimming is the time to think and daydream. Why let music ruin that?

2014-12-06 5:03 PM
in reply to: 0

User image

Denver, Colorado
Subject: RE: swimming with music
Originally posted by Swimaway

Originally posted by Jculver26

Been swimming competitivly my whole life. Have never understood why someone would swim with music. Swimming is the time to think and daydream. Why let music ruin that?

Because music makes me think & daydream...

ETA: bluetooth is not viable in the water. Water blocks the type of signal BT uses, this is the reason many BT headphone even suggest wearing your phone or transmission device on the same side of your body as whichever headphone has the receiver.

It seems silly, but you are swimmimg with a swim cap right? My Audio flood phones are pressed so hard into my ears by my cap that if not positioned correctly the pressure can sometimes hurt. But maybe I just have a big head.

Edited by Brian W 2014-12-06 5:08 PM
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » swimming with music Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

Best Running Music Podcast

Started by Elliot
Views: 3887 Posts: 9

2011-07-12 2:30 PM kshuszar

Swimming and Music?

Started by Wbarabas
Views: 1183 Posts: 7

2011-03-31 11:02 AM retarmyeng06

iPhone, tracking your run and listening to music

Started by steel099
Views: 4510 Posts: 11

2011-01-05 11:01 PM Anachronism

Music sources? MP3 MD CD etc

Started by KRCSWO
Views: 571 Posts: 5

2006-01-18 5:21 PM devo27

Digital music advice

Started by DulcimerDoc
Views: 956 Posts: 4

2005-01-11 9:36 PM kausnfxx
RELATED ARTICLES
date : February 7, 2008
author : Tri Swim Coach
comments : 4
Is it good to listen to music while lap swimming? Are there any devices to help you keep track of your laps?