General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Triathlons and Marijuana Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2014-12-08 8:56 AM

Subject: Triathlons and Marijuana
Hey all,

I am new to this website, but I created an account to ask this unusual question.

First off, I am a college student and only 20 years old. I do triathlons mostly for fun yet somewhat competitively on my schools team. I have completed 1 half ironman, 2 marathons and 3 olympics in the past year and a half. I will be doing a full iron in October next year as well. When it comes to racing, i like testing my self to see how far I can go rather than how fast I can do something.
My question is does anyone use marijuana for a "recovery" tool (or just in general) and does it negatively affect performance? I started using it to help calm me down after hockey games (I get very angry during hockey) and enjoy use every once in a while off the ice. How could this impact my training? I use a vaporizer as often as possible, but still smoke when given the opportunity. I have been regularly smoking since January and finished my last olympic triathlon over an hour faster than my first one in a time of 2:38. In my opinion it helps with muscle relaxation after long runs and rides. Along with that, My ADD meds make me not eat so much and this really helps with carbo-loading. I eat pretty healthy for a college kid, and only drink "small" quantities of beer for a college kid (gotta love those PBRs)

Are there any other triathletes who use marijuana?

Thank you for your thoughts!

2014-12-08 5:26 PM
in reply to: Guest

User image

Alpharetta, Georgia
Bronze member
Subject: RE: Triathlons and Marijuana
2014-12-09 11:23 AM
in reply to: lisac957

User image

Veteran
Stevens Point, Wisconsin
Subject: RE: Triathlons and Marijuana

While I have used it occasionally I do notice some ill effects from it.  No more so then having to much to drink the night before though.  

If you are competing lisac957 brings up some valid points. 

Would I recommend it? No, but I also enjoy having a little fun now and then.  It's each to his own.  I would never do it before a big training, never before a race.

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Triathlons and Marijuana Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

Asthma & Triathlon

Started by TriMikeP1973
Views: 7355 Posts: 13

2011-09-15 8:30 PM jtopin

Doc said, "no triathlons" Pages: 1 2

Started by dbw27
Views: 2298 Posts: 29

2008-11-25 8:22 AM runnergirl

Pregnancy and Sprint Triathlon