General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Why not at 50? Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

of 2

2015-01-20 8:46 AM
in reply to: Caljah

User image

Pennsylvania
Subject: RE: Why not at 50?

Originally posted by Caljah So into week two of my training. There are about 16 of us. Great mix of all types of people, bodies and conditioning. Workouts are for now as my coach says, training to train. Workouts are basic, but effective and developmentally building me up. Example, on Saturday, we ran. What is great about it, is that it's been indoors. Learning how to run, from the most basic point of view like how to tie up your sneakers properly, going though all kinds of different stretches. Fast feet, foot landing. It seems as we are not doing much, but we are in zone 2 for about 50 mins. Another example is swimming, I have always thought of myself as an ok swimmer. But after 3 sessions, I realize, how inefficient I have been. Learning how to swim all over again. It's humbling, my younger son is on the Swim team and its a lot of conversations lately about how much they work. Riding has been the hardest so far, 1:20 mins on the stationary with the class, as my coach keeps saying. This is not spin class. Focusing on high Rpm, lose upper body. Proper riding position, where are you elbows and so on. Lastly strength training major part of everything we are doing. Overall I am enjoying myself and learning how to appreciate the journey. By the way, I am down to 252lbs

It sounds like the group is good in many ways - friends, accountability, and good instructors that seem to be focusing on the ever essential basics first.  Be patient, train smart, and enjoy the positive change you are doing for yourself.  It will be fun following your journey.  Did you get a blog set up yet?

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Why not at 50? Rss Feed  

of 2

RELATED POSTS

Why do skinny people run so fast?

Started by eodmed
Views: 6527 Posts: 12

2012-04-13 11:50 PM theresa_nelson

Why do you Tri? Pages: 1 2

Started by threeguitars
Views: 6800 Posts: 48

2010-04-28 2:08 PM 4mebobpandtay

25 meter pool vs 50 meter pool

Started by twiggypants
Views: 19240 Posts: 20

2010-03-14 2:15 PM bootygirl

Ever wonder why you still do it?

Started by chirunner134
Views: 2119 Posts: 16

2007-12-10 10:48 PM jchughes66

ANy tri bike shoes 50 or 52?

Started by chirunner134
Views: 1734 Posts: 10

2007-08-27 12:23 AM lasvegas99
RELATED ARTICLES
date : March 15, 2013
author : writingrunner
comments : 1
The science behind the reasons that triathlons make us feel so good.

date : August 13, 2012
author : tesselate331
comments : 26
Doing triathlons will help you re-energize your optimism about life and feel 30 again. I promise!
date : July 18, 2012
author : Khorwohock
comments : 14
I have always wanted to do a triathlon to keep myself fit, and now I had my chance.

date : March 10, 2011
author : Scott Tinley
comments : 1
Tinley on triathlon, aging, and the attitude of a masters athlete
date : February 23, 2009
author : mrakes1
comments : 0
I usually have at least one workout per day, sometimes two or three, but I spend about all in-between time eating. I am not gaining weight, but I am not losing weight either. Should I be concerned?

date : September 10, 2004
author : steve
comments : 0
The reason that I wanted to complete a triathlon is because I was watching one on TV and said to myself, "I'll bet I can do one of those".