Other Resources My Cup of Joe » patchouli Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, the bear, DerekL, alicefoeller Reply
2014-12-14 3:04 PM

User image

Veteran
Memphis, TN
Subject: patchouli
Went for a ride today and passed another biker who must have bathed in this stuff. I smelled it for the next mile. Unfortunately, this seems to happen to me a lot. Anyone else out there dislike this as much as me?

2014-12-14 5:51 PM
in reply to: jccbulldog

User image

Master
Eugene, Oregon
Bronze member
Subject: RE: patchouli
Yuck! Can't stand that and a lot of strong smells really nauseate me, especially at a certain time of the month. It's like I get temporary morning sickness for a week. Can even smell the perfume of people passing in cars if they have the window down. What's popular here is a kind of herbal incense that people burn to repel mosquitos--it makes me gag at the best of times. Sometimes at outdoor restaurants they burn it under the tables. And a popular morning routine for old folks here (who are up and about when I run at 5 AM) is to enjoy their morning coffee outside, with the mosquito coil burning underneath. There's another kind similar to patchouli that's burned indoors at little altars in homes and businesses-not much ventilation sometimes so it can be choking.

Then there's the garbage truck--I swear it syncs its rounds with my long runs. The stench of garbage (probably much heavier on rotting fruit than in other places) on an 80+ degree morning is pretty bad!
2014-12-15 7:58 AM
in reply to: Hot Runner

User image

Veteran
Stevens Point, Wisconsin
Subject: RE: patchouli

I hate it as well.  There are quite a few people that I interact with at the University who bath in it.  I cannot stand the smell of it, it's awful.

New Thread
Other Resources My Cup of Joe » patchouli Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

Patchouli and weed ...

Started by mr2tony
Views: 1352 Posts: 16

2008-08-03 8:59 PM devilwillride