General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » Go time Rss Feed  
Moderators: IndoIronYanti, k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2014-12-15 11:13 AM

Subject: Go time
Hello all,
I had become lazy and began getting in shape about a year ago and have made good strides. Before my "decade of sloth" I ran often and kept active in various activities. In my early 20's a did a sprint tri but really never trained specifically or trained for the sport. I'm now 38 and as I've become active this past year and increased my running distance I've also incorporated swimming into my exercise program. I do ride a stationary bike and obviously that will change to an actual bike in order to do some races. I have some family members who do tri's and a few are a doing a duathlon in February 2014 and I want to do it with them. I also have marked some triathlons in the spring I plan to undertake. So here I am to learn and get after it. Looking forward to picking up tips and getting after it!

2014-12-16 8:17 AM
in reply to: TexasOFT76

User image

, North Carolina
Subject: RE: Go time
Welcome, it is a great sport to be involved in. Glad you have some friends and family for support. That's what it's all about.

New Thread
General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » Go time Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

Going to give it a go, can't wait!

Started by TheEnemyWithin
Views: 606 Posts: 2

2014-09-02 10:20 PM IndoIronYanti

Oh go on then...here I go?!?!?!?!?

Started by dwaugh
Views: 845 Posts: 3

2012-08-10 7:15 AM dwaugh

Going to do it this time

Started by No More Excuses
Views: 800 Posts: 5

2012-04-17 7:50 PM No More Excuses

Going to do it this time

Started by mas1
Views: 807 Posts: 5

2010-09-21 8:13 PM Chatagirl

OK, here goes ... I'm going to do this

Started by surgeandsettle
Views: 1017 Posts: 5

2008-05-23 8:53 AM surgeandsettle
RELATED ARTICLES
date : August 11, 2014
author : mikericci
comments : 0
Because I'm not that fast going slow is, well, really slow - especially when I'm trying to train by heart rate. It feels like I'm going backwards. Is this normal?

date : September 23, 2013
author : Jerrykyc
comments : 2
The cause of the sleeplessness could be anxiety to get out and compete but more often than not the inability to sleep is a fear of what might happen, of what might go bump out on the race course.
date : November 24, 2012
author : Scott Tinley
Do I swim an extra 1000 yards or show up on time to my son’s soccer game? Those small decisions become larger components in this emo/physio battle of decision and will. "Should I go pro?"

date : November 14, 2012
author : IndoIronYanti
Feeling blah? Tempted to miss a workout? Here are some practices as well as on-the-spot tricks to get you into your workouts when you're just not feeling it.
date : February 10, 2011
author : Kyle Pawlaczyk
The backstory of becoming a pro, joining a team and working with sponsors

date : March 9, 2010
author : Nancy Clark
"I'm 'good' at breakfast and lunch, but after I get home from the gym at night, I end up devouring everything in sight. On weekends, my eating is even crazier." Sound familiar?
date : April 22, 2009
author : AMSSM
comments : 1
I got a new pair of the same size / brand of shoes and started running on them. On my left foot, the toe next to the big toe starts to get a little painful and goes numb after the first 1-3 miles.

date : June 6, 2006
author : TriForrestTri
In order to maintain the rest of our life, we also have to become skilled at time management. Here are a few suggestions for getting workouts in when you can.