BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Gray Guys/Girls Master's Focus Triathlon Mentor Group--CLOSED Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 52

2015-12-18 7:32 AM
in reply to: wenceslasz

User image

Expert
Charlottesville, Virginia
Subject: Happy Holidays
Seasons Greetings!

Just stopped in to wish everyone Merry Christmas, Happy New Year, Happy Star Wars Opening :-)

Hope everyone is well and in good shape. After spending most of the Spring and Summer doing sub-par workouts, I finally gave in to the work and other life demands and took a break from training for awhile this Fall. First time in 8 or 9 years that I hadn't been training consistently. Certainly have been missing the effects of it. Anyway, I'm here to tell you to keep at it - restarting is a much bigger challenge than getting out the door this morning (especially with some extra weight gain).

Happy bike trails,
Stu

2015-12-19 12:34 PM
in reply to: juneapple

User image

Regular
East Wenatchee, Washington
Subject: RE: Happy Holidays
Originally posted by juneapple

Seasons Greetings!

Happy bike trails,
Stu

Merry Christmas Stu!

Glad to hear you're doing well.

Don't take too much time off....I can teel you from experience that the re-start is a . Getting back into running with an extra 20 lbs. is not that much fun.

Hope you have a great 2016!

Best,

Steve
2015-12-19 12:37 PM
in reply to: wenceslasz

User image

Regular
Subject: RE: Bike workouts indoors
Originally posted by wenceslasz

Just a bit of an update.  I've got a last swim of the year tomorrow and I need 1300 yards to pass 250,000yds total for the year.  Tomorrow also marks the end of my 4th year of swimming and January 4th will be the start of my 5th year.  My cycling and running are also up over 2014 as well.

George:

Very impressive swim stats! Sounds like you're ready to hit 2016 with a solid base.

Best wishes to you and your family for a wonderful holiday season!

Steve
2015-12-19 10:39 PM
in reply to: lutzman

User image

Extreme Veteran
Penticton, BC
Subject: RE: Bike workouts indoors

Seasons Greetings!  The holidays sure have come fast this year.  Best wishes to you both Stu and Steve plus I hope a few of the others in the group at least check in from time to time to read any new posts.  I hope everyone has a good Christmas and Happy new year.

Like Stu, I've kind of slacked off on my running and I need to start going again.  I have a good treadmill so I have no excuses but I am suffering a bit of inertia.

Steve - I hope you and your family also have a wonderful holiday season.

I did achieve my goal of 250,000+ yds.  Not so big a deal to the real swimmers here but it blows me away that I started from nothing in 2012 and now I'm logging such numbers.  It also boggles my mind to find myself in the middle of a lake at times up to a km from shore.  BUT!! Yesterday in the pool something pretty neat happened.  We were swimming timed short swims with active recovery between trials.  When we got to the 200m freestyle (the last and longest) I started 5 secs behind Larry a fellow that consistently swims about 10% faster than me.  As we were swimming I felt like I was easily swimming faster and smoother than ever before.  All through the 8 lengths I stayed right with Larry (without pushing harder) and I was right behind him (less than 5 secs) when he finished his swim.  I don't know what our times were but I've never been that fast.  It really felt great.

2015-12-21 6:52 AM
in reply to: juneapple

User image

New user
Hingham, MA
Happy Holidays everyone! Wishing you all a Happy, Healthy, Safe and Prosperous New Year!

Stu - I am also looking to pick it up in 2016. I have a new office that is literally 50 feet away from a nice pool so no excuses for me Scott.

Hope everyone is doing well.

Steve - I did find that 20 that you spoke about. Funny how long it takes to lose it but how fast it comes back.

Looking to do things different this year and go real low to below 160 on weight for that will help everything else and spend more time on the bike.

Putting an Oly and maybe a Half on the calendar.

Very proud of my first marathon at age 58 during 2015 and really looking forward to an even better 2016.

Wishing everyone the very best during this Holiday Season.

James
2015-12-21 10:25 AM
in reply to: JREDFLY

User image

Expert
Missouri

Happy Holidays to all!

I've got the next 2 weeks off work so I thought I'd start things off right with a Sufferfest video this morning.  HHNF - I still can't get through the whole thing but hopefully with more practice I'll get there soon.  Swimming is going well for me too - I really feel like I'm making some improvements.  I'm still pretty slow, but my endurance is so much better than it used to be.  I haven't run in over a week though - doctor's orders.  He wants me to rest my achilles and knee for another week or so and then start back very easy - like just a mile or two at a time.  I actually had a dream last night that I went out for a run - I miss it.  I miss being outside and the stress relief I get from it.  And with the weather here being more like early fall than early winter, it's hard to not get out there.  But if I want to be able to do my HIM in August, I need to let it heal.  

Starting to work on the rest of my race calendar and some goals for 2016.  Hopefully I can stay relatively injury-free and have a good year overall.  

Enjoy your holidays!
Janet

2015-12-24 12:49 PM
in reply to: soccermom15

User image

Regular
Merry Christmas Everyone!

Hope you all have a wonderful 2016 and all your training & racing goals can be achieved!

Best wishes!

Steve
2015-12-29 5:59 PM

User image

Regular
Subject: RE: 2016 Gray Guys/Girls Forum Announcement
Hey everyone:

I just wanted to give you an early heads up that the 2016 BT forums will be starting up before long, which means this particular forum will close at about the same time. We don't have dates yet, but we'll let you know.

Both Scott and I will be back to restart the 2016 Gray Guys/Girls forum when announced. We're hopeful all of you who have joined us on this triathlon journey will shift over to the new forum and join us there when the announcement is made.

We'll let you know when it goes live. In the meantime, happy training and happy New Year.

Steve
2016-01-02 4:01 PM

User image

Regular
Subject: RE: 2016 Gray Guys/Girls Forum is UP!
Hi everyone:

The new forum pages are up. Please join us on the new site. Post up your intro so any of the new folks will get to know you, too!

You can access the new forum here:

http://www.beginnertriathlete.com/discussion/forums/thread-view.asp...

Hope to see you on the other site!

Steve
New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Gray Guys/Girls Master's Focus Triathlon Mentor Group--CLOSED Rss Feed  

of 52

RELATED POSTS

Baowolf's fun in the sun Mentor Group (Open)

Started by Baowolf
Views: 65 Posts: 1

2014-05-18 1:30 AM Baowolf

Baowolf's fun in the sun Mentor Group

Started by Baowolf
Views: 26 Posts: 1

2014-05-18 12:48 AM Baowolf

Baowolf's Summer Extravaganza Mentor Group

Started by Baowolf
Views: 13 Posts: 1

2014-05-18 12:01 AM Baowolf

Playmobil31's Group - Open