BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Baowolf's Winter training is FUN group..no really it is!! (OPEN) Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 39

2015-09-02 7:17 AM
in reply to: scubabrad02

User image

Ottawa, Ontario
Subject: RE: Baowolf's Winter training is FUN group..no really it is!! (OPEN)
August totals
Bike: 7h 01m 56s - 61.81 Mi
Run: 6h 49m 03s - 54.6 Mi
Strength 1h 45m
Rowing: 05m

Swimming should start up next week and training in general resume after I finish the GMAT for grad school tomorrow, hoping to get into an MBA program in Jan.

2015-09-02 1:39 PM
in reply to: Baowolf

User image

New user
August:

Swim 1h22min / 3084 yards
Bike 7h32min / 120 miles
Run 4h02min / 22 miles
Yoga/Strength : 2h

No race for me next weekend (signed up to volunteer instead). My whole season has not been what I expected. I guess I just have to accept it, draw necessary lessons (and there were many) and carry on.
I still have high motivation tough, so as soon as routine is settled (back to school this week, big deliverables at work etc.) I have plans to press "Reset" and get it going again.

I also realize that sprint tris do not scare me anymore, and I am highly motivated by fear (vs beating my times, improving technique etc.) Thinking of signing up to an early season oly, since in my 3-year tri history my best training months are March through June and I struggle to keep the training volumes up in July/August. So I will capitalize on that next season.

Congrats to everyone racing, you are all inspiring!

Happry training and racing!
2015-09-04 9:17 PM
in reply to: isabella969

User image

Elite
Alturas, California
Here are my numbers, still going to get the shoulder settled down and strong for next season so avoiding the 50 miles of driving to get to the pool and back till I am good to go there.. That said here are my numbers:

Swim: 1h 33m - 4224 Yd

Bike: 17h 56m - 293.62 Mi

Run: 13h 36m 24s - 70.52 Mi

I year you on trying to work out a busy schedule as my workload is way up this year. I did get a lot done at work this week so am happy with that.
2015-09-05 1:10 PM

User image

Expert
Grapevine, Texas
Well, there you go. What I used to do in a day or a week, I did in a month.

Swim: 30m

Bike: 6h 20m 52s - 78.72 Mi

Run: 4h 32m 60s - 15.65 Mi

Fall is on the way, vacation is coming up, I seem to be finding my groove again with work, and I've found an herbal "cure" for my hot flashes. Hopeful that I can get some momentum going again on working out. Enjoyed a slow group ride today, and got a line on a Wed evening ride near where I work that's a bit faster I plan to try soon.
2015-09-05 3:22 PM
in reply to: squirt

User image

Elite
Alturas, California
I went for a lovely bike ride around Clearlake today (60 miles). Much of the ride is right at the lakes edge (20 miles worth). The roads are in pretty good shape, but with some gravel, glass etc. flack along the side, but not too bad. Most drivers were pretty polite and conscious of me even though we don't have that many cyclists around here. There are 2 signs on the loop that actually ask motorist to share the road, what a concept. The ride was a bit longish for where I am fitness wise, but I am considering doing a century ride in a month so wanted to test the legs. Just took it easy and enjoyed the views.
2015-09-05 3:46 PM
in reply to: 0

User image

Extreme Veteran
Tallahassee, Florida
Steve, glad that the ride went well and you have a good place to ride. Nice motorist, always a pleasant surprise.

Carol, what is the herbal cure? So glad you found something that is helping. And great that you've got different groups to go with.

We lost one of our own from the running community on Thursday. 47 y.o. had a heart attack while running with a group. So heartbreaking. He was an interesting and kind man. I'm still in disbelief that he is gone.

We went to a wine tasting last night and met an adorable 25 y.o. girl who asked if I would run with her. So meeting her tomorrow afternoon in the heat of the day for a run. And I've got two friends that are both doing a 100K this weekend; these are the two that I crewed for earlier in the year. I've been sending them texts during the day and one of them was already taking a break 4 hours into the race because of the heat (about 95). I very nicely told her to get her arse back on that trail and move it.

Edited by Pink Socks 2015-09-05 3:48 PM

2015-09-07 8:58 PM
in reply to: Pink Socks

User image

SOUTH WINDSOR, Connecticut

Hello all...  Hope you had a great Labor Day Weekend!

Pam, sorry for your loss. Life is short...  We all need to live each day like it is our last..  No regrets!

Question for the group...  

Saturday was a 24 mile ride. - have done longer with the new seat. I do feel some soreness, no torn skin..

Yesterday, went down to the shore for a salt water swim and some time at the beach..  later on at night while taking a shower I noticed a "lump" in my groin area..  Today went to ride the bike and it seems that this is a result of my new seat. Never noticed before...  On today's ride I could tell that if I sat back on the seat it hits that specific area.. Never noticed this before and it seems to have shrunk quite a bit. even from last night.

I could ride the bike, today was only 30 minutes..  so no idea how this Sunday will be?? Today was 30 minute bike, 30 minute run - race pace...  both were a bit faster that what I plan to do. Ride was OK..  sitting forward on the seat. Run was fine. did about 3.3 miles in ~40 minutes.

Do I:

GO back to the original seat - caused blister(s).

Keep with the seat and make some type of adjustment?

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance..

Only 6 days to HIM race..  now I am even more nervous..

2015-09-07 9:48 PM
in reply to: Dennis B

User image

Elite
Alturas, California
I am not sure what the bump is like. Often as you increase bike mileage and maybe have grit buildup in your bike shorts results in more rubbing against your skin. This may look like one or more bumps that look like a skin poor that ahs formed into almost a blister or pimple. These are painful when you first sit back in the saddle, but then the pain kind of goes away until you shift your weight again. Things to do include washing your bike shorts, using diaper rash cream on the affected area and letting time heal it. I usually find that the diaper rash treatment has it back to functional within about 3-4 days. As far as the is it the new saddle issue, it is hard to say. What saddle is your new one and is the affected area where you sit on the saddle or on your leg where it rubs against the side of the saddle?

Was kinda bummed today, got another flat tire from a shard of glass. That is two flats in one week. Gona have to find a new tire/tube combo I think.
2015-09-08 6:54 AM

User image

Expert
Grapevine, Texas
Pam, so sorry for the loss of the man from your running club.

Dennis, good luck on your HIM! Hope you can get your saddle issues resolved quickly.

Steve, I guess with living in a more populated area comes more junk on the road. I make a game of dodging stuff sometimes. And then of course there is the stuff that you don't see to dodge.

Pam, the stuff I'm taking is called Estroven. It's an herbal blend, can get it a Wal-Mart and it's really inexpensive. Pure gold! My doc also blessed taking it.

Did a couple 15 milers on the bike this weekend. One with a group, one solo. Still pretty hot here, but felt good for that distance. Friend trying to talk me into doing a bike rally in Oct, and I'm good for 25 but she kind of wants to do 50. Hubby's HS reunion is that evening and I don't want to fall asleep .

Had planned to go walking before church on Sunday. Took dog out in the front yard and discovered our neighbor's cat dead in our front yard. It was dark and I thankfully could not see too well, so assumed he had been hit by a car and crawled a couple feet into the yard. When our neighbor checked further, it appears it was killed by an animal. Probably a coyote. Haven't seen one in the interior of the neighborhood in a long time, but they are in the park and all around.

Edited by squirt 2015-09-08 7:03 AM
2015-09-09 9:44 AM

User image

Good morning all.

The bump is a bit smaller. It is not on the surface, more attached to the "sit bone" area. Sitting forward helps..  will need to work by it. Get through the race then see how it heals. I am already on anti-biotics again (still?) for sinus issues...

This is the closest I could find for information:  ischial hygroma source: http://www.bicycling.co.za/training-nutrition/injury-prevention/lumpy-groin/

Race Prep - goals and nutrition (feedback welcome)

Vineyard 70.3

General goals

Finish with a smile - injury free!

Swim, 1.2 miles - 1:15 (7:00 am start wave 1, all men)

Bike, 56 miles - 3:45

Run, 13.1 miles - 3:00

Total - 8:00 hours - cutoff is ~8 hours, will allow to finish if "close".

Performance Goals - Capable of achieving!!

Swim - 0:59 - sub one hour, 1.2 mph average

Bike - 3:20 - 16.8 mph = 3.3 hours

Run - 2:50 - ~4.6 mph - sub 13:00 / mi.

Total: 7:10 plus transitions = 7:20

Food / hydration

2 hours Prior - bagel / PB

15 min prior - GU -or Powerbar ~ 200 cal.

Swim - none

T1 - Gatorade (sips) 50 cal. - 1/2 Cliff bar 125 cal. = 175

Bike - Perpetuem 400 cal. - GU x 4, 400 cal, 1/2 cliff bar 125 cal. = 925

T2 - Gatorade (sips) 50 cal - 1/2 cliff bar 125 cal. = 175

Run - Gu x 4 - Powerade - 1/2 cliff bar - water = 650 - maybe a few pretzels for salt.

Total = 1925

Here is a link to the bike course: https://www.strava.com/routes/3223756

Here is a link to the run course: https://www.strava.com/routes/3223886

Swim - Ocean, will see what Mother Nature brings!

Bike - hills in first 24 miles, then just rollers to finish. I trained with 4 bottles on bike..  there will only be one aid station at mile 25. Trying to decide if I go with 2 bottles (perpetuem and gatorade mix, then replenish with powerade / water at 25 miles? -or- carry my 4 bottles and pick up an additional water at mile 25?

Run - pretty flat, a few roller sections. water/powerade/pretzels/various bars every 2 ish miles. 6 to 7 water stations.

Weather looks to be cool - some rain storms heading through Friday / Saturday ish...  

More to come...  getting excited..  Hit another swim clinic tonight. Slow and easy, focus on form.. (which sucked the past couple outings)..

Best,

-Dennis

2015-09-09 6:37 PM

User image

Alexandria, Virginia
Swim: 4:00, 8.4 mi
Bike: 17:37, 253 mi
Run: 10:52, 60 mi

Rock Climbing: 40 mins
Dragonboat: 4:24
Hiking: 2:10, 5.5 mi
Yoga: 1:18
Soccer: 2:35

Total Activity for August: 43:37

Steve, your experience with seeing other exercisers is completely different for me. I can't get em out of my way around here unless I run and bike at night. Btw your job sounds like a hell of a job. Good thing you exercise to relieve all that stress

Mitzi, I think we'd all agree this is for you. 99% of the population haven't even attempted a tri, and here you are basically a seasoned vet. :-)

David, awesome job with the tri. Sounds like you took a couple detours during the swim but who hasn't done that?! Last time I did that a kayaker chased me down so I didn't lose too much time

Kjl, I use a kurt kinetic fluid road machine, and works great. Though mag trainers get the job done way cheaper. Got my dad a used $50 mag cycleops on craigslist and it works for his level. Fwiw I just use worn tires, I don't use a special trainer tire (though it sounds like a good investment).

Pam, intersting story about your child. I tried to get out of swimming when I was younger, but now I'm glad my parents pushed me a little. But as long as he's replacing baseball with another sport or activity he loves, you can't blame him! Such a shocking story about your friend. Sorry for your loss

Isabella, funny: highly moivated by fear. That's such a great attitude

Dennis, tough call with the saddle. Very generic, but choose the one you think will be most comfortable. I personally shoot for 1-1.5 g/lb 3 hours before the race, then do a gu right before. So about 1000 cals and 200 g of carbs (somtimes it's hard for me to eat so much at 4am!). I got an oly coming up on Sunday, and my plan is a bagel, cream cheese (PB sounds better but bagels are just so tasy w/ cream cheese!), and a fruit yogurt smoothie, then an energy bar an hour later. I read that bodies can digest about 0.5g/lb of carbs per hour. I'd be interested to hear what others' prerace nutrition looks like too! Good luck, and go get those performance goals!

My goals for this upcoming Nations Tri (Oly):
swim: 27min
bike: 1:15 (19mph)
run: 57 min (9:15 min/mi)

Still working on the RR for my last sprint, but if anyone wants to check out the amazing photos my amazing wife took: https://goo.gl/photos/uXuEHsEgsyckocN5A

Edited by phifatech 2015-09-09 6:40 PM

2015-09-10 12:29 AM

User image

Elite
Alturas, California
Dennis the calories look alright. I would go with a GU rather than a powerbar before he swim, they sit in your stomach more than a GU will and could increase risk of stomach cramp. The bike is alright. I would just do the gatoraide in T2 again not wanting to have too much solid in your gut until your body has transitioned to being used to the up and down of the run for a mile. I don't know if that makes sense to you, but for me those two tweaks would lower the risk of cramping on the swim and run. You may have a more solid gut than me, so you could be fine. Otherwise looks alright. If you go faster you could end up with about 200 fewer calories than if you go the full 8 hours.

The general race rule for calories is start 100 calorie gel or chew 15 min before swim, then from 45 minutes or an hour your choice on it is 300-350 calories per hour on the bike and 200-250 calories per hour on the run. The up and down of the run makes it less forgiving and it will be hotter in the day, so you may have more fluids in your gut. You take water at the same time as a gel or a chomp or whatever to decrease the concentration in your stomach. Basically you don't want your stomach to think you have food in it or it will divert blood to your gut to digest it. If you slowly bring in low amount of calories with fluids it just kinda keeps going without allocating additional energy and blood to digestion.

Pretzels are a good source of salt and tastier than salt tabs. If you are cramping not due to a full stomach then bananas are high in potassium to help with that. If your gut is giving you problems decrease water and food for a while and then try to start back up with gatoraide and see how things progress.

Oh just for kicks look where I rank in Ironmans:

Stephen'S IRONMAN DASHBOARD

AGE GROUP: M45-49
TRICLUB: Snapple Tri Club

GLOBAL RANK 213th
COUNTRY RANK AGE GROUP 42nd
POINTS RACES COMPLETED 4716

Edited by Baowolf 2015-09-10 12:47 AM
2015-09-12 7:30 PM

User image

Elite
Alturas, California
Went on a group ride today. The other 6 guys all have the look of cyclists, one on a Sworks bike with 404 on. They start off at a conversational 21 mph on the flats, just to warm up.... that should have been my first warning that it was going to be a tough group. Then we went up the mountain, yup dropped like a stone. They were nice though, at the top of every hill they did a cute bike merry go round circling until I caught up and then off they went again. We get to the top of a 2000 foot climb and then it is time to drop down the other side. Kinda rough road downhill at 6% grade for about 7 miles. They just went flying down it while I held to about 36 mph, not knowing the corners etc. When they stopped before the next climb to grab some food (around mile 45) I decided to get a couple minute head start on the climb so they didn't have to wait so long at the top for me. So the climb is like 1500 feet or so, I have a 3 minute headstart and I am at like 5-6 mph and they come flying by me... uphill. And again the merrygoround at the top waiting for me. Nice folks, but man they can fly up and down those hills. I don't think I will ever descend like they do either, kinda want to live and all. Was good to ride with some folks and was kind of them to not drop me on the first hill, but waited. I hope I didn't ruin their workout too much.

Anyone else do anything fun this weekend?
2015-09-13 12:25 PM

User image

Ottawa, Ontario
Sounds like it was a good ride overall though! Always good to see someone fast in a given discipline though right.

Nothing on tap this weekend quite as exciting. Eight miles friday night and another rain shortened run today. Fighting a cold so six miles was enough, not wanting to push my luck and get sicker. Heading to the lbs this afternoon, hoping they can fix my left crank arm, turns out the bolt hole is stripped so im looking at having to potentially replace it already.
2015-09-13 1:19 PM
in reply to: Kjl82

User image

Elite
Alturas, California
You guys have to post more, this entire page is going to be me....

Big fire started yesterday afternoon right in the area I had biked earlier in the day. It is up over 40,000 acres in like 12 hours or so and no containment. We could really use some of that rain about now. Actual towns are threatened, so prayers to those folks. The run this morning was very smoky, I wore my baklava (spelling) to try to reduce the intake of ash. Tomorrow I will have to go get a surgical mask or something. That is the 6th fire in the last month within 30 miles of me. They may need to start designing communities better in CA to be more fire resistant. Have like a 200 yard perimeter with no trees, maybe put all the parks and football fields on the outside and parking lots, lots of defensible space and have a sprinkler system that can just make the whole area wet so the fire would have no place to land. It is no like brush fires in California are a surprise or anything and that they have to cut fire lines only when a fire is actually burning. I don't know I guess I am just talking crazy or something. Ounce of prevention. I guess it does spur the economy by forcing rebuilding of houses and such even if there is no demand for new housing.
2015-09-13 8:38 PM
in reply to: #5075206

User image

70.3 - Done... more to come, Internet sucks.
Swim 46:39 2:13/100 yds
T1 2:36.1
Bike 2:36.1 16.3/mph
T2 2:58.1
Run 3:10:54 14:35/mile
Penalty /
Finish 7:29:02.5

Swim was, uh, interesting. 3 foot+ chop and 4 - 5 foot rollers.. yet one of my best times. Shortened to a bit over 1 mile.

Bike is wrong, should be around 3:24 ish per my garmin. Pace is right. Run ended tough.. walk / jog.

Enjoying a few extra days on Martha's Vineyard with Tammy..

Best,
Dennis

2015-09-14 8:28 AM

User image

My weekend involved quitting smoking and working out a ton to take my mind off of things :-)

Finally feel like I'm making good strides with my swim now. This is the difficult thing about triathlon I'm finding... you can make significant progress in one discipline and let the others either stagnate or, make slow progress in all 3 disciplines, but it's progress none-the-less. It's a difficult toss-up between how to train and what to do.

I've made the decision to focus on speed work and 5k distance running over my lunch periods at work during the weekdays, followed by a 10-15 mile run on the weekends with Sunday being the rest day. This will mean I spend much more time at the pool in the mornings to focus on my swim and, being my weakest link right now, will help me level out my all-round profile. I'll focus on riding throughout winter on my trainer and then alternate swim/run daily, so hopefully by that time I'll have a good enough ability in each discipline to tackle the 70.3s next year :-)

I think fewer people are replying on here as it's likely they've knocked out their tris for the season. I'll still be kicking around fairly regularly though...
2015-09-14 9:31 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Tallahassee, Florida
Dennis, Great job! Well under the cutoff. Congrats.

David, hope that you can kick that smoking for good. I didn't like smoking but after I lost my dad when he was 52, I now hate smoking because of what it can do. Be strong. It will be worth it.

Steve, oh man, so sorry about the fires! And also had to laugh about the bike trip with the little merry go round waiting for you. They sound like nice guys.

What a weekend!!!! Saturday was rain all day so I ran in the rain and loved it. First time I left in the rain and had a run entirely in the rain; it's good to know what clothing/socks etc. work. And then yesterday was the type of day that you would request every day - 70s, slight breeze, gorgeous light. I headed to a non-technical trail (although I can still fall and trip lots on non-technical trails). Diverted to an area where a kayak club was meeting and loved watching the yellow, orange, green, blue, and red boats on the water. Also watched a small sailboat and paddleboards. Then went into gardens where hubby proposed. On the trail back, two guys were in front of me and had no intention of moving over. I wasn't breathing down their neck but I was close behind them and they should have single-filed to the side of the narrow trail as a matter of courtesy. Finally we came to a split in the route and they went the .9 mile route and I had the 1 mile route. So of course I decided that I would beat their butts back to the trailhead. Wonder if the clueless wits even realized that I was faster than them.

Edited by Pink Socks 2015-09-14 9:34 AM
2015-09-14 10:30 AM
in reply to: Pink Socks

User image

Dennis - completely agree. My wife's grandma is in serious condition now because of this very issue, so it's driving us both to stop. Unfortunately, as of right now I'm the only one to have made it this far... but once I'm strong enough to resist all things cigarettes, then I'll coach my wife through it too.

I know what you mean about those trail runners! It's really quite inconsiderate... I'm not usually the faster one, but always aware when there are people approaching and it's just good etiquette to move over and let others past. Good job on pushing past and beating them though ;-)
2015-09-14 10:54 AM
in reply to: RookeyDavid

User image

Alexandria, Virginia
Sounds like everyone had fun, active weekends! Dennis, fantastic race and it's that you pretty much achieved the personal goals. It's a huge achievement doing a HIM, especially with such a rough swim, so props!

My race went fantastic as well, and the experience made it my fave tri race so far. Just riding through all these closed streets, highways, expressways of washington dc was such a pleasure.

1.5k swim: 28:04 (1:43/100yd, 11th/152 AG, 113/1505 overall)
T1: 3:22
40k bike: 1:10:12 (21.2 mph, 12th AG, 168th o'all)
T2: 1:22
10k run: 49:27 (7:59/mi, 50th AG, 399th o'all)

Finish: 2:32:25 (17/152 (top 12%), 139/1505 (top 10%))

I've only done other other oly, and it was hilly, so I obviously recorded some PR's on this race. I was surprised at my bike and run legs, because those were PR's not only in races but in training. Never hit those times at those distances. I made a couple mistakes and could've done a bit more (will explain in my forthcoming RR) but I'm still pleased with the result and it's a good stepping stone toward my upcoming half.

David, I'll be here for a bit too, since I have one more coming up. Plus, it's a lifestyle right? I hope to keep training in the winter, and on a trainer, like you.

Steve, stay safe and away from those crazy fires.
2015-09-15 1:23 AM
in reply to: phifatech

User image

Elite
Alturas, California
Dennis, solid race, a little ahead of what you had planned by what 20 minutes. You can see that the run is where you have the most to gain in overall time for that distance right? You can pick up 2-4 minutes off your mile pace on the run, where the same effort will buy you 13 seconds per 100 on the swim and 1 mph on the bike. Once you get to 2:00 per 100 swim, 17 mph bike and 9:30 to 10:00 mpm on the run then you get to play with intensity.... Yay. Job well done. And yes it is a lifestyle.

Phil, man solid race, you definitely got er done with style. If you are in good shape a HIM is not that much slower a pace than an Oly. It just takes a ton more work to carry that work forward. Your heart rate though is still high z3 to low z4 if you have the run fitness to carry it to the end. An IM is an entirely different beast. My LT is 175 on the run and I can do a well trained HIM at 166 ish all the way through. Same thing for a marathon, right in that 162-167. An IM however is 152 to 158. A 5k running race is a flat out 175 to 176. Your LT and numbers will be different than mine, but it gives you an idea of the intensity you can hit if you are fully trained for the event. I am not often that well trained due to muscle or whatever issues. Keep at it, you have the stuff.

2015-09-15 4:17 PM
in reply to: #5075206

User image

Expert
Grapevine, Texas
Rented a bike today and rode the carriage trails in Acadia National Park today. Around Jordan Pond and Eagle Lake. Spectacular scenery. Grateful that triathlon introduced me to cycling so I got to experience that.
2015-09-15 8:22 PM

User image

Elite
Alturas, California
So CA is in a record drought, we have had 240,000 acres burn in the past month and today I found the most beautiful trail to run on just 1 mile from my apartment. There was grass on the trail, lush green bushes, towering trees and vines, everything was green. I was amazed how this lush area, with no artificial irrigation was just there on the other side of a dry field. It appears to be a micro environment that gets moisture from the lake through a marsh that brings water way back in not that far below the ground and higher humidity for plants that drink in moisture from the air. This was a very pleasant surprise. I will be doing my long run in there on Sunday to explore more of the area.
2015-09-15 9:06 PM

User image

Thanks all..  interesting to say the least.  RR coming soon. I jumped to the 70.3 a bit early..  only been doing this "tri" stuff for 15 months..  

My thoughts were - build endurance (distance) then work on speed. Will be sticking to this distance through the next year.

After the race and for the next day I would get these weird cramps in my hands - what could this be from? I have not felt them at all today..  My quads are still feeling it. I tried to jog across the street and was like WOW.. Will need to work back into it.

Phil, nice race! great job... Congrats!

Dave, quitting smoking is not easy..  I quit many times. Last time was over 10 years ago. Best move I have made.

Pam - You should've yelled "ON YOUR LEFT!!" People, in general, are so into their own little world they never engage any situation awareness. I bet those guys didn't even realize you were there, nor that you beat their butts.

Originally posted by Baowolf Once you get to 2:00 per 100 swim, 17 mph bike and 9:30 to 10:00 mpm on the run then you get to play with intensity....  

Steve - My next race is a 5 mile road race (Thanksgiving) - haven't signed up yet, plan on it...  What do you think I can do to work on speed / intensity for the run? I still need to figure out the lump (groin) so my biking will be minimal for a bit. Will continue to work on the swim with a coach. Probably head to the lake tomorrow night (Mitzi ??).

Last year I did a hilly bike ride with a few guys. They did the little merry go round at the top of some of the hills too...  not just a West Coast thing. One of my buddies would ride the hill back down and ride it a second time. A few times even passed me on the second ride up...  He is an animal!!

2015-09-16 9:38 AM

User image

Alexandria, Virginia
Carol, cool ride. If you rent a lot, have you tried our spinlister? I've had my bikes listed on that for a few years. Just rented out my road bike this past weekend and dude fell in love with Di2. On top of that he said my bike was 5 lbs lighter than his, which helped because he rented it for a local century, the Civil War Century, that had 7k ft of climbing! Whew. To top it all off, it was pouring rain the whole ride he said, 5-6 hours.

Steve, always great finding new trails. I'm sure I've complained tons of time about the boring suburbs I run in. My wife and I try to go out and hike the national forests around here when we can.

Dennis, HIM in 15 months is incredible! It took me 5 years to finally do an HIM after my first sprint. Great that you did it and finished! Weird cramps in the hand! I've never experienced, but maybe your tri extensions might be the culprit? I think your bike might have S-bends. I use S-bends too, but I find J or ski bends are more comfortable for me.

Dave, wish you best of luck with the smoking thing. My dad and brother are big smokers, both have tried to quit but haven't succeeded yet. I imagine quitting will be a boon to your training though.

I just got a LinkedIn message from a recruiter at Fox (the bike shock company) in California looking to fill a position. My dream job is to work in R&D for a cycling company! I love my job now, but a job in the industry would be incredible. BTW, found out yesterday that my work blocked beginnertriathlete! Bummer. Fox would never block BT from their employees!
New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Baowolf's Winter training is FUN group..no really it is!! (OPEN) Rss Feed  

of 39

RELATED POSTS

Baowolf's fun in the sun Mentor Group (Open)

Started by Baowolf
Views: 65 Posts: 1

2014-05-18 1:30 AM Baowolf

Baowolf's fun in the sun Mentor Group

Started by Baowolf
Views: 26 Posts: 1

2014-05-18 12:48 AM Baowolf

Baowolf's Summer Extravaganza Mentor Group

Started by Baowolf
Views: 13 Posts: 1

2014-05-18 12:01 AM Baowolf

Baowolf

Started by Baowolf
Views: 4 Posts: 1

2014-05-17 11:46 PM Baowolf

Playmobil31's Group - Open

Started by playmobil31
Views: 65 Posts: 1

2011-12-18 3:37 PM playmobil31
RELATED ARTICLES
date : May 5, 2008
author : TriPainter
comments : 1
I went into the pool area (as this was a pool swim) and got body marked. That's when it hit me that I was there to race - this was not a clinic.