BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Baowolf's Winter training is FUN group..no really it is!! (OPEN) Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 39

2015-12-03 5:47 PM
in reply to: Pink Socks

User image

New user
Simpsonville, South Carolina
Subject: RE: Baowolf's Winter training is FUN group..no really it is!! (OPEN)
Well I am all recovered and getting my race schedule together for 2016.

I'm thinking way more smaller races.

Looks like I'll be doing the flying pig marathon again (per the sister-in-law's request), and possibly Santa Cruz 70.3.

The goal for next year is to qualify for the Boston Marathon .

Happy winter maintenance to everyone!

2015-12-03 9:00 PM
in reply to: 0

User image

Elite
Alturas, California
For a solid BQ mary, often you need to hit a 6 day a week run plan which makes it hard to hit longer triathlons unless you have the tri several months after the mary or visa versa.

Wow they really screwed with the Ironman race dates this year. I guess I am not doing CDA which was moved 2 months later this year. I will be doing Vineman, which is now a branded Ironman race. It also happens to be about 150 miles from where I am living now. So there are no IM races other than IMTX in North America between now and the end of July and then like 4 in 10 days. Very sucky. Oh well.

Edited by Baowolf 2015-12-03 11:52 PM
2015-12-04 8:49 AM
in reply to: Baowolf

User image

Extreme Veteran
Tallahassee, Florida
Jimmy, good to see you back. Good goal to BQ qualify!!!!

Steve, whoa, that seems crazy from a business prospectus. I would think that they would want to spread them out as much as possible to get more registrants. But maybe they have all of the registrants that they need. Odd.
2015-12-04 10:19 AM

User image

New user
I guess they want people to travel to Europe to race, many races there in early Summer it seems!

November numbers:

Swim 800 yds / 27 min (only managed to go once, bleh)
Bike 108 miles / 6h50min
Run 26 miles / 5h13min
Yoga/Strength 4h07min
Hiking/walking 1h45min

Not so bad for November. Pretty happy with bike & run.
All set now for the swim with a yearly pass, so that number should go up in December.

Does Christmas shopping count as training?
Mind you, I'll do most of it online - hey maybe I could shop while on the bike!!

Happy training!
2015-12-04 1:16 PM

User image

New user
Simpsonville, South Carolina
Originally posted by Baowolf

For a solid BQ mary, often you need to hit a 6 day a week run plan which makes it hard to hit longer triathlons unless you have the tri several months after the mary or visa versa.

I think I'm in pretty good shape, Flying Pig is 5/1 and Santa Cruz 70.3 is 9/11. The only questionable decision I've made for next year is that I will be doing reach the beach in NH the weekend after santa cruz. Coast to coast! I'm thinking that I will turn it into a week vacation in California then fly to NH and beat jet lag by doing a 2 day event

Isabella - I would say biking while shopping would count . Happy shopping!

2015-12-06 3:07 PM

User image

Elite
Alturas, California
Ok, here are my November numbers.

Bike: 21h 26m 58s - 363 Mi

Run: 17h 32m 14s - 106.53 Mi

Right ankle is a bit iffy unfortunately, we see how it plays out.

Edited by Baowolf 2015-12-07 8:45 PM

2015-12-13 9:26 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran
, Connecticut
Was so nice to see a familiar face at the HEAT Christmas party. Got to meet Dennis's beautiful wife. She's a hoot!

2015-12-18 12:09 PM
in reply to: MuscleMomma

User image

Extreme Veteran
Tallahassee, Florida
I had to the most unusual, exhilarating, scary experience today. Was running in a neighborhood near a lake that has a small pond in the neighborhood. Most of the lots have some wooded areas. I look up and see a 6 - 8 point buck was running toward me FAST. I watched him enthralled - until I realized I was in his way. Moved to the other side of the road....and he moved to the other side of the road. Petrified that I would gorged. Moved behind a bush and then he turned right before me and headed to the lake. Had to walk for 5 minutes because my heart was pounding so hard. Beautiful animal but he was spooked and I was afraid I was in his way.
2015-12-25 5:47 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Tallahassee, Florida
Merry Christmas!!!
2015-12-26 9:42 PM

User image

SOUTH WINDSOR, Connecticut

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year...

Took a few weeks off and focused on family / business stuff. Hope everyone took time for family and friends.

Going to start up pretty soon..   I missed the sign up for one of the 70.3's I wanted to do..  darn thing sold out even earlier than last year. Will be rethinking my plans..  Working with two coaches this year. I am exchanging web sites for coaching. Essentially will be working on the web presence and marketing in a barter exchange. Know anyone looking for a website?  

http://www.myvanitywebsite.com/ - this is one of my businesses...  

Mitzi - nice getting to know you during the swim clinic. I am doing the one w/ Newington Bike (same place / times) starting Jan 3rd. Thanks for the kind words regarding Tammy..  I like her

Talk / post soon...  

-Dennis

2015-12-27 1:25 AM
in reply to: #5075206

Hi! I am doing a tri on May 1st this year. Never tried a mentor, but would love one!. I have completed a sprint tri in April of this year. This was my very first tri...and I realized that I really love it! I have been a runner off and on for half of my life, I'm 36. I have done half marathons, 10ks, and 5ks...but love the variety of the tri!

Juneau Colleur

2015-12-27 12:58 PM
in reply to: jjcolleur

User image

Expert
Grapevine, Texas
Merry Christmas to all! Like Dennis, I've been consumed with holiday activities recently. Hubby got me a fitbit for Christmas, and I think it may be a good fit for me right now in terms of what I need to track. Hope you are all enjoying the season!
2015-12-28 1:49 PM
in reply to: squirt

User image

New user
Merry Christmas everyone!!!

I've been busy with end of year projects at work and ended up having to work lunch hours and nights all last week, so that cut off time to train. Then we were off to see the family and back, many hours in the car, many calories ingested I am litterally itching to get back on a run!

We had a whopping 63 F on Dec. 24, I saw folks here run and bike in shorts. But we are in for a treat as we are awaiting some 12 inches of snow tomorrow Tuesday. So my next runs will be wearing my yaktracks it seems
We are planning our Dec. 31 evening on a ski resort, only the four of us, the kids have started snowboarding, should be lots of fun.

Pam: That must have been one frightful sight! These animals are huge, especially at close range!

Dennis: welcome back, so what is the plan to replace the missed 70.3?

Only 4 days to the end of December, yikes!
2015-12-31 9:09 AM
in reply to: isabella969

User image

Happy New Year everyone! I hope all of your 2016s are as fruitful as you're all hoping/expecting them to be.

I thought I'd take this opportunity to also mention that I must be a little crazy... just signed up for my first full IM. 10.25 months to train! Wish me luck.

David
2016-01-01 11:46 AM

User image

Elite
Alturas, California
Hey gang, I have been on vacation and not any internet for a couple weeks. I got in some training, but ya not perfect and ate way too much. I have requested to mentor another group for 2016, so it will probably go live in a couple weeks if accepted. I had a scary run in with 2 pitbulls on yesterdays 13 mile run. There were two of them and they had killing me on their minds. I got bit once and a very nice person came by in a car and let me in so I wouldn't get ripped to shreds. It is time to get some pepper spray for protection out there. I almost became a statistic. Be safe out there.

Alright, 2015 is in the tank, lets see what your distances were for the year, here are mine:

Swim: 97h 03m 15s - 215124 Yd

Bike: 334h 19m 24s - 5675.09 Mi

Run: 211h 59m 22s - 1288.38 Mi

Pretty satisfied overall. Now to just fit in the new job into IM training... need to develop my plan for that, hrm.

Edited by Baowolf 2016-01-01 12:08 PM
2016-01-02 7:06 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Tallahassee, Florida
Originally posted by jjcolleur

Hi! I am doing a tri on May 1st this year. Never tried a mentor, but would love one!. I have completed a sprint tri in April of this year. This was my very first tri...and I realized that I really love it! I have been a runner off and on for half of my life, I'm 36. I have done half marathons, 10ks, and 5ks...but love the variety of the tri!

Juneau Colleur

Steve is the best mentor ever! Looks like all will be live soon so "officially" join us then but post here until we go live. Welcome!

Steve, was wondering where in the world you were. Glad to hear you are ok. Did you report the pit bulls? Some pit bulls are nice but then others have been conditioned to not be nice. I hate to see any animal put down but unfortunately stats show they should be put down after the first attack. It kills me because I don't think it's the animals' fault but the human is at fault for training them that way.

WooHoo David on signing up for IM! Darling please tell me that the smoking habit is gone, gone. I'm not saying that accusatorily but because of how I feel from losing my Dad too soon because of smoking (and other things.) Can't wait to watch you become an IM.

I've been lazy this month. Trying to figure out when it's good to take a breather from training and when I need to butt kick myself back into it.

December's totals:
Run: 21h 19m - 108.3 Mi
Core Training: 20m
Walking: 3h 20m
Yoga: 5h 40m

2015 totals:
Swim: 1h 20m
Bike: 40m
Run: 240h 14m 42s - 1229.6 Mi
Strength: 2h 210m
Core Training: 26h 45m
Dancing: 4h 30m
Home Improvement: 59h 45m
Misc.: 3h 25m
Race Volunteering: 40h 45m
Softball: 1h 00m
Stair Running: 4h 05m
Stretching: 3h 50m
Walking: 24h 35m
Yoga: 43h 15m

As I look at the 2015 totals, I'm astounded. Swim and bike is ridiculous; I want to get back to both. Need to get back to the stair training. Yoga, strength, core, and stretching -all bleed into each other; maybe I should combine. Walking - Ha! Much of the walking is with a wine glass in one hand. But come on, Folks, it's moving and it is decompressing. Let it count....Please!
or eit
Volunteering for a race tomorrow. It will be cold - which I hate. Would love to get some miles afterwards but it's a trail race and I can't handle those trails because I'm too klutzy. Maybe I can do some stretches during the event or run afterwards or either non technical trails or the roads. Hope so. Happy New Year!!!

Edited by Pink Socks 2016-01-02 7:19 PM

2016-01-05 11:26 PM

User image

Elite
Alturas, California
Thanks Pam.
First day at the gym, 7 miles on the dreadmill and a 2000 yard continuous swim. The indoor pool appears to be 18 yards long.... a bit awkward to work out the math. I settled on calling 7 lengths 100 yards. We see how it feels tomorrow. Still need to write up my IM plan.
2016-01-10 9:04 PM

User image

Elite
Alturas, California
You guys can still post here until the new group goes live.

Today was a good day 14 mile run 1 hour racquetball, 2500 yard swim.
2016-01-12 8:40 PM

User image

Elite
Alturas, California
It looks like the new group is live, everyone shift on over, I will be reading and posting there from here on out.
New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Baowolf's Winter training is FUN group..no really it is!! (OPEN) Rss Feed  

of 39

RELATED POSTS

Baowolf's fun in the sun Mentor Group (Open)

Started by Baowolf
Views: 65 Posts: 1

2014-05-18 1:30 AM Baowolf

Baowolf's fun in the sun Mentor Group

Started by Baowolf
Views: 26 Posts: 1

2014-05-18 12:48 AM Baowolf

Baowolf's Summer Extravaganza Mentor Group

Started by Baowolf
Views: 13 Posts: 1

2014-05-18 12:01 AM Baowolf

Baowolf

Started by Baowolf
Views: 4 Posts: 1

2014-05-17 11:46 PM Baowolf

Playmobil31's Group - Open

Started by playmobil31
Views: 65 Posts: 1

2011-12-18 3:37 PM playmobil31
RELATED ARTICLES
date : May 5, 2008
author : TriPainter
comments : 1
I went into the pool area (as this was a pool swim) and got body marked. That's when it hit me that I was there to race - this was not a clinic.