BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Todd's Tri Turtles 4 (Beginner, Sprint, 5K, 10K) CLOSED Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 44

2015-05-07 7:37 PM
in reply to: 2NewKnees

User image

Subject: RE: Todd's Tri Turtles 4 (Beginner, Sprint, 5K, 10K) CLOSED
Way to go Espen on the sweet sponsorship!!

Go Bill Go Colleen!!

I got in the pool twice this week but feeling my bike ride from the weekend. So tired in the pool. We have been taking family walks after dinner. That is about what I doing right now for my "run" section. I did get in a 10 mile ride tonight with my family. We were supposed to join a group ride but they were going 15 miles or farther. My youngest isn't quite there yet. We did good. My older son Alex was pushing me a little bit on driving on the roads. He is more skilled on driving on the roads than me and a bit more fearless. We did good.

I felt good. My legs are a bit tired. I just need to build up some endurance with them. I meet with my swim coach again tomorrow. I think I will get in a round of weights and 2 more rides in this week to keep on top of my training.

My husband is getting with the program and is up riding first thing in the morning too. It is great that we are all on board it makes it sooo much easier. Alex is working on the cycling merit badge for scouts.

James (youngest) Swam with me on Wednesday night. I got in 900 yd and he did 450 yd. It was fun to hang out with him. I think it is also harder working out in the evening instead of the morning. In a month when school is out that is when I will be able to get it in.

For anyone that has pain while sitting on the bike I would recommend chamois cream. It makes life much better. I still need to get a better seat but that helps in the mean time.

Take care everyone and hope your training is great.

2015-05-08 12:18 PM
in reply to: #5078752

User image

I got in a swim today. 900 yd, my coach ran late and showed up at the end and I cut it short to talk with her. I have another lesson or 2 left then she will give me a training schedule and cut me loose.
I had a great breakthrough today.
I have been really working hard on my pulls, getting my rhythm with my breaths, and not pulling too deep with my strokes. It has been so enjoyable. So calm in the water. I did 50 yd drills and I made it through. Normally I would get about 30-40 yd sand get flustered and loose my concentration. Not today, I did 4x50yd sets of freestyle with 60 rest. I was calm and in much better control. So much better. I think my mind got on a vacation because I did my sprint. I have been tired when I train and have not pushed myself. Basically, gotten lazy. Doing the bike ride pushed me harder. Shoved me back into reality. I so needed it! I'm looking to do weights and mow the grass after work today.
This weekend we are chopping wood and cleaning up a tree we took down. I think I will work on my lower body and core.
Get out and enjoy the weather. I hope it is beautiful where everyone is.
Nicole
2015-05-08 6:34 PM
in reply to: nekomidori

User image

FortWayne, Indiana
"Run Your Own Race" Bill & Colleen the best of luck to you this weekend!! I can't wait to hear how it went

Everyone has been doing an awesome job at their training. I had a fantastic time hiking this past week at Hocking Hills State Park. Hiked 11.6 miles the first day and another 6 miles the next. We had perfect weather for it. I wore my sister out so we took it easy on the third day. I even managed to get a run in one morning before the campground woke up, it was perfect.

Back to the real world. Thursday I got in a good 3mile run and today I rode 31miles. The first 10miles were fast and I felt great and then I had to say hello to the wind. For the next 21miles I rode with wind either pushing at me from side to side which was a struggle to keep the bike on the road or it was straight head on. At one point I even felt like it was pushing me backwards! It made for a very challenging workout today, but I made it thru. All in all I am feeling good.

Have a great weekend everyone! Thought you might like to see a few pics from my hiking

(image.jpg)

(image.jpg)

(image.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
image.jpg (1961KB - 4 downloads)
image.jpg (1165KB - 2 downloads)
image.jpg (2195KB - 2 downloads)
2015-05-09 8:01 AM
in reply to: Suzie471

User image

Extreme Veteran
Colleen and Bill, best of luck this weekend. I know that you will both do great.

Suzie those are some great photographs and impressive hikes while there. Congrats on the long ride and making it through the cross and head winds which can demoralize a person.

Nicole, keep it up and congrats on also getting the boys out and there and more active. Quality time that is also healthy time, can't be beat!!
2015-05-09 2:01 PM
in reply to: Hunting Triathlete

User image

Elite
Lakewood, CO
What a cool trail !!

Well AJ and I got back from our "Cross Country" race. Drizzled on the way there. a little bit of mist during the race, but all the rain we have had over the last week made the single track portions glassy slick. Definitely slowed the pace a little bit.

For the middle school race it looks like they had about a dozen kids. They broke them apart by gender and age. She took first out of 3 in her age group. When I passed her on the course she looked like she was doing well. Didn't get an official time for her yet but she thought she remembered 17 something for her 3k.

I did what I could but couldn't really sustain a pace. It would be a pretty quick course overall if traction is good. I ended up getting a ribbon for 5th in my age group - probably only 5 runners. And I think I was totally middle of the pace overall.

Thankfully the wind and rain held off til the 6k race awards and door prizes.

Hope everyone else has fun at their races - AND HAS MUCH BETTER POST RACE WEATHER !!!
2015-05-09 7:09 PM
in reply to: #5113968

User image

, Connecticut
So I just drove my race course and I am really scared for my run tomorrow. It seems to be all up hill which I was not anticipating that and I'm not looking forward to. I am doing well mentally but very full of nerves. And unfortunately not full of confidence but I'm okay

I got pulled over for speeding on the way up but got out of the ticket! Woo hoo !

I'm just going to foam roll tonight and loosen up some tight muscles. And have another jug of water and go to bed and hope that I sleep well.

I can't wait to hear from Bill how his race was!

2015-05-09 8:10 PM
in reply to: Smiley9188

User image

Extreme Veteran
Originally posted by Smiley9188

So I just drove my race course and I am really scared for my run tomorrow. It seems to be all up hill which I was not anticipating that and I'm not looking forward to. I am doing well mentally but very full of nerves. And unfortunately not full of confidence but I'm okay

I got pulled over for speeding on the way up but got out of the ticket! Woo hoo !

I'm just going to foam roll tonight and loosen up some tight muscles. And have another jug of water and go to bed and hope that I sleep well.

I can't wait to hear from Bill how his race was!

You will be fine and there is no need to worry or think about the run until you start that final leg tomorrow! Take each one as a single event and just do your best.
2015-05-10 2:58 PM

User image

, Connecticut
I DID IT! Whoot Whoot! It was awesome. it was a perfect small race to start with. Only 52 people in attendance and women came in first and second, so very cool. they were dynamite! I stayed in a hotel the night before bc the race was 1.5 hours away. I got pulled over for speeding on the way up there but did not get a ticket! whew!

So here are my stats:
250y pool swim: 4:42 -i caught up to the person in front of me and tried to pass her a few times before finally passing her. but I was wiped up as a result)
T1- 2:48... need to check and loosen my laces. They were too tight to get my foot in and when I loosened the laces one came out of the hole and I relaced it in the wrong hole. Also once I get my tri shorts I will eliminate the need to put shorts on which will improve this time.
9 mile bike: 38:55 bike felt good, it was a hilly course with a few steep peaks but it felt good.
T2- :44 - just dump the bike and helmet, no shoe change
3.2 mile run: 34:54 -the route was very very hilly. once I got to Nolan Way Road (the name of my son) it was actually 'all downhill from there'. still i'm impressed with my run time the most considering I did a 5k a few weeks ago and ran it on fresh legs at 30:59.
overall time: 1:22.04

So I came in 39th overall and 2nd in my age group (of two people...) so I got a medal. Which felt absurd and fun all at the same time. I feel good but have a raging headache and just tried to take a nap but my muscles are twitching so much.

Happy Mothers Day to all!

(tri 5-10-2015.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
tri 5-10-2015.jpg (80KB - 2 downloads)
2015-05-10 3:35 PM
in reply to: Smiley9188

User image

Extreme Veteran
Way to go Colleen and congrats on the second place medal and finish. See you were worry about the run and killed it.
2015-05-10 4:22 PM
in reply to: 0

User image

Colleen, You were fantastic!!! All 3 segments were outstanding!!!!! Congratulations!!!!

I'll update all on my event from yesterday once the final results are published....sadly, there was a "user error" with my 910 so my times are a bit off on my watch....so more to come...

Happy Mother's Day to all the Moms!!!!

Edited by 2NewKnees 2015-05-10 4:23 PM
2015-05-10 8:58 PM

User image

Ok, the results were finally published a short time ago.....while my watch showed a total time of 1:50; official time was 1:51.52.....under my goal time of 2 hrs......

*400m Swim..11:54.....timing mat for the start of transition was another 50 yds from the end of the pool; getting out of the pool even with steps was a challenge
*T1................1:58
*20k Bike.....56:05
*T2................1:23
*5k...............40:31

I got to the transition area early to set up; rode my bike the short distance from the hotel; just after getting all arranged the skies opened up with a heavy shower and pretty much soaked everything; by the time the swim finished up it'd started to clear and the rest of the event was dry.

My swim was good for my first time in a 50m pool; I was deliberate in the swim making sure of good form and breathing; I did overtake 2 swimmers at about 250 m and had to pull up then restart the swim around them. The bike route had more hills than I expected; it was a tough course but the winds were non existent. Only snag in the ride was the huge farm machine pulling out in front of several of us.....cop finally made him move over; he took up the whole road! The 5k is as good as I can do with a brisk walk. I did "jog" down the chute to the finish line (my wife wanted to know what the heck I was thinking!!!!).....told her I just couldn't help it....

Over 300 participants; although I was 193rd of the 207 men; I was not as conflicted as I had felt following the race on 4/25. I've learned much by doing these 2 events and gained a lot of insight from a few friends who compete. So, I guess I'm on the verge of being hooked.... . I'm already thinking about how I can improve my swim and bike time!!

I'll attempt to post a couple of photos, darned if I can figure out how to have them not show up on their side when using my iPad...see, no wonder why I had the watch issues!!

Take care!!

2015-05-10 9:00 PM

User image

On the bike just before transition, coming across the finish,

(image.jpg)

(image.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
image.jpg (1202KB - 8 downloads)
image.jpg (1644KB - 4 downloads)
2015-05-11 12:30 AM
in reply to: #5078752

User image

FortWayne, Indiana
Colleen "WooHoo"!! What a great day for you! Awesome job at doing your first Tri!! You should feel so proud!! Isn't it s great feeling of accomplishment?!

Bill you did great!! I love your pics. You look strong and confident GREAT JOB!! So now that you are "hooked" what's next?
2015-05-11 12:35 PM
in reply to: #5114330

User image

Suzie, those pictures are beautiful. You rocked it 31 miles with winds!! Wow. Way to keep with it.

Bill, it sounds like you had a challenging race with the weather conditions. Sounds like you and Aj did great!!
Colleen, you did it!! You had great times. It is strange getting a medal when there is only a few to compete with but you definitely earned it so we're it with pride.
What a full weekend for you all.
How very inspiring. I was thinking of the races while I was getting in my swim today.
1000yd in the pool,
I will do strength training after work. I did a p90x video over the weekend and man was I sore.

Nicole
2015-05-11 12:42 PM
in reply to: #5114467

User image

Bill the pictures are good. I love how you got caught up in the moment and couldn't help but run. (So long as you didn't suffer afterward). I think you did great.

Congratulations!????????????
Nicole
2015-05-11 12:43 PM
in reply to: #5114471

User image

Ok that didn't come through right. I posted icons of a swimmer, cyclist, and a runner.
Nicole

2015-05-13 2:05 PM
in reply to: nekomidori

User image

, Connecticut
Thank you for all the feedback! Bill, super work, you're amazing!

I'm doing well, a bit sore on monday and tuesday. i ran this morning and felt like I was trudging through mud but wanted to get out there, back to my routine. i have a massage scheduled for tonight, hopefully she can put all my out of place bits back in place and I can get back to getting stronger and faster!

i'm excited about my next race i'm planning on july 16th.

so who is up next?
2015-05-14 6:09 AM

User image

Originally posted by Suzie471

Bill you did great!! I love your pics. You look strong and confident GREAT JOB!! So now that you are "hooked" what's next?

Thank You!!!! Next event? That's still in the thought stage.....may have to wait til late summer. I have a project at the house that's gonna take quite some time and effort. I'll keep up my regular training as best I can during that time. I'll keep my training calendar updated as well.

Off line the past few days; I did get a couple walks and a ride in; took it very easy on those. Haven't had the chance to get back into the pool just yet. Perhaps tomorrow. We are helping our daughter and son-in-law with some painting projects at their home to prep it to put on the market in the near future. So, I'd consider the up and down from the ladder and all the foot time some cross training!!!!

Best to all!!!

2015-05-14 7:03 AM
in reply to: 0

User image

Extreme Veteran
Originally posted by 2NewKnees

Ok, the results were finally published a short time ago.....while my watch showed a total time of 1:50; official time was 1:51.52.....under my goal time of 2 hrs......

*400m Swim..11:54.....timing mat for the start of transition was another 50 yds from the end of the pool; getting out of the pool even with steps was a challenge
*T1................1:58
*20k Bike.....56:05
*T2................1:23
*5k...............40:31

I got to the transition area early to set up; rode my bike the short distance from the hotel; just after getting all arranged the skies opened up with a heavy shower and pretty much soaked everything; by the time the swim finished up it'd started to clear and the rest of the event was dry.

My swim was good for my first time in a 50m pool; I was deliberate in the swim making sure of good form and breathing; I did overtake 2 swimmers at about 250 m and had to pull up then restart the swim around them. The bike route had more hills than I expected; it was a tough course but the winds were non existent. Only snag in the ride was the huge farm machine pulling out in front of several of us.....cop finally made him move over; he took up the whole road! The 5k is as good as I can do with a brisk walk. I did "jog" down the chute to the finish line (my wife wanted to know what the heck I was thinking!!!!).....told her I just couldn't help it....

Over 300 participants; although I was 193rd of the 207 men; I was not as conflicted as I had felt following the race on 4/25. I've learned much by doing these 2 events and gained a lot of insight from a few friends who compete. So, I guess I'm on the verge of being hooked.... . I'm already thinking about how I can improve my swim and bike time!!

I'll attempt to post a couple of photos, darned if I can figure out how to have them not show up on their side when using my iPad...see, no wonder why I had the watch issues!!

Take care!!

Great job and great times Bill. It's amazing just how different your first and your second triathlon events feel. It is so much more enjoyable when you know what to do, what will happen, what to expect, and how to do everything. You also got to see how different your thought process was after finishing this one. Once again great job and a really impressive 5k, the fact you could run at the end also shows how much your endurance is improving. I mean not that you should run, but that you still had enough in the tank at the end to do so.

Edited by Hunting Triathlete 2015-05-14 7:04 AM
2015-05-16 2:48 PM

User image

Hi Everyone,
Sorry for dropping off the face of the earth. I just spent a few minutes catching up on all of your recent race results. Colleen and Bill, way to go! You guys are amazing! I am so impressed and inspired.
I had a really rough time at work for about a month , and it really knocked me off my training. I did manage to do one 5K race in my neighborhood during that time, with a personal worst of 37:00 It didn't come as a surprise given that I hadn't been running much and woke up the morning of with a migraine. But, my kids ran it with me and that was a blast. My 7 year old ran it in 30:30, and my 10 year old in about 32:30. YEs, my youngest is a speed demon! Hours on the playground turns out to be good training. After that I travelled to Vancouver for 6 days for work and managed to get in 3 runs and at least 4 miles of walking every day, so that got me back on track. It felt great. I ran another 5K with my kids on mother's day, which was much hiller than the previous and I ended up with pretty much the same time...I walked a bunch of it with my 10 year old who was grumpy about the hills and unexpected heat, and I decided it was more important to make it a positive experience for her than to push myself. It was a good choice. My 7 year old beat me again I've also gotten back in the pool, and in fact did a few lessons in April with some members of a local master's club - that was really helpful. While my swimming stamina is still not great, I think my technique is really improving. I have finally mastered billet breathing and am getting much more into a rhythm. Now I just need the consistency in training! I did get in the pool 3 times this past week, so that was good. They just changed our swim lanes to log course (50m) for the summer, so I'm definitely having to push myself harder, which is good. Finally, I had two good rides this week -20 miles with my husband on Tuesday and about 9 miles before work this AM.

I am scheduled for a sprint on June 13, but I am dubious as to whether I will be ready. I'm not so worried about the bike or run, but I am very concerned about the swim. It's 600 yards, and I just don't know if I will be ready for that by then. I will have to see where I am with 3 weeks of consistent swim training. I don't mind being slow, but need to feel sure that I will be safe in the water Also, I need to get out and practice with my wetsuit. I am planing to join a local tri team so that I can do open water swim training with them.

Thankfully work seems to be a bit more in control right now, so hopefully I can hit my stride with my training. I am definitely behind where I was this time last season, which is frustrating. I am just trying to take it one day at a time.

2015-05-16 8:04 PM
in reply to: allan_c

User image

Extreme Veteran
Originally posted by allan_c

Hi Everyone,
Sorry for dropping off the face of the earth. I just spent a few minutes catching up on all of your recent race results. Colleen and Bill, way to go! You guys are amazing! I am so impressed and inspired.
I had a really rough time at work for about a month , and it really knocked me off my training. I did manage to do one 5K race in my neighborhood during that time, with a personal worst of 37:00 It didn't come as a surprise given that I hadn't been running much and woke up the morning of with a migraine. But, my kids ran it with me and that was a blast. My 7 year old ran it in 30:30, and my 10 year old in about 32:30. YEs, my youngest is a speed demon! Hours on the playground turns out to be good training. After that I travelled to Vancouver for 6 days for work and managed to get in 3 runs and at least 4 miles of walking every day, so that got me back on track. It felt great. I ran another 5K with my kids on mother's day, which was much hiller than the previous and I ended up with pretty much the same time...I walked a bunch of it with my 10 year old who was grumpy about the hills and unexpected heat, and I decided it was more important to make it a positive experience for her than to push myself. It was a good choice. My 7 year old beat me again I've also gotten back in the pool, and in fact did a few lessons in April with some members of a local master's club - that was really helpful. While my swimming stamina is still not great, I think my technique is really improving. I have finally mastered billet breathing and am getting much more into a rhythm. Now I just need the consistency in training! I did get in the pool 3 times this past week, so that was good. They just changed our swim lanes to log course (50m) for the summer, so I'm definitely having to push myself harder, which is good. Finally, I had two good rides this week -20 miles with my husband on Tuesday and about 9 miles before work this AM.

I am scheduled for a sprint on June 13, but I am dubious as to whether I will be ready. I'm not so worried about the bike or run, but I am very concerned about the swim. It's 600 yards, and I just don't know if I will be ready for that by then. I will have to see where I am with 3 weeks of consistent swim training. I don't mind being slow, but need to feel sure that I will be safe in the water Also, I need to get out and practice with my wetsuit. I am planing to join a local tri team so that I can do open water swim training with them.

Thankfully work seems to be a bit more in control right now, so hopefully I can hit my stride with my training. I am definitely behind where I was this time last season, which is frustrating. I am just trying to take it one day at a time.

Great to hear from you again Catherine and congrats on staying the course through trying times. Heck you look stellar compared to how badly my year has been so far, but luckily for me my main race is at the end of September.
So as far as the upcoming Tri and swim here are my thoughts. You need to know for certain that you can safely swim the total distance for the safety of yourself and other racers. The exception would be a pool swim where you started at the back and had the ability to stop and rest at the wall if needed, but since you said wetsuit I doubt yours is in a pool. You are doing the right thing and Definantly need no less than 2 practice swims in your wetsuit. I would suggest doing the distance for your last practice swim in it. The plus to a wetsuit is buoyancy and an ability to stop and catch your breath if needed.
Again it is great to hear from you again!

2015-05-16 11:37 PM

User image

Originally posted by Hunting Triathlete

Originally posted by allan_c

Hi Everyone,

Great to hear from you again Catherine and congrats on staying the course through trying times. Heck you look stellar compared to how badly my year has been so far, but luckily for me my main race is at the end of September.
So as far as the upcoming Tri and swim here are my thoughts. You need to know for certain that you can safely swim the total distance for the safety of yourself and other racers. The exception would be a pool swim where you started at the back and had the ability to stop and rest at the wall if needed, but since you said wetsuit I doubt yours is in a pool. You are doing the right thing and Definantly need no less than 2 practice swims in your wetsuit. I would suggest doing the distance for your last practice swim in it. The plus to a wetsuit is buoyancy and an ability to stop and catch your breath if needed.
Again it is great to hear from you again!

Thanks for the advice Todd. I agree - safety is the primary concern here. Drowning in June would run the rest of my triathlon season Yes, this is an open water swim. I am going to do an open water swim clinic before then and at least one additional open water swim in my wetsuit. I am excited about the added buoyancy of the wetsuit...I got to try it in the pool before I bought it, and it was AMAZING! I have another race scheduled in September, so if June doesn't work out I have at least one other great race to look forward to. I will also probably register for one more race in September and a 10K in October...so if I have to miss the June race to stay safe all is not lost!

In the meantime, I am prioritizing swim workouts for the next 3 weeks. I'll keep you all posted.

2015-05-18 12:31 AM
in reply to: allan_c

User image

FortWayne, Indiana
Had a great Weekend. Even though the weather was gloomy and threatening to rain on Saturday all day, the rain held off while riding the Fort4Fitness Spring Cycle. It was a great ride and I met some awesome people along the way. Ended up riding 41miles and felt great after the ride. Only aches I had were in my shoulders, but other than that I felt like I could of rode more! Sunday was going to be my rest day but I love running in the evening just when the sun is going down and it's a little cooler out. I don't have many opportunities to run in the evening since I am usually at work so I took advantage of it. My GPS kept crapping out since it was so cloudy and overcast. I knew the route though since it's one of my usuals. Ran 4miles with a few showers here and there but it felt good since the humidity was still high. Overall I felt like I had a good weekend and looking forward to the week ahead.

Have a great week everyone and keep up the awesome work that you all are putting forth. Posting a pic of my bike jersey that I wore for my ride I did on Saturday. It got a lot of comments along the way and gave me the opportunity to meet a lot of people. I love wearing colorful clothes that pop out and why not have some fun while working out? Now if I could find something "fun" to wear for the tris

(image.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
image.jpg (2705KB - 5 downloads)
2015-05-18 6:21 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Suzie what an impressive weekend. That jersey is great, I've seen a ton of jerseys but can honestly say I've never seen that one shopping or on any of my rides I like to find and wear ones like that that no one else has.
2015-05-18 2:35 PM

User image

Originally posted by Suzie471

Had a great Weekend. Even though the weather was gloomy and threatening to rain on Saturday all day, the rain held off while riding the Fort4Fitness Spring Cycle. It was a great ride and I met some awesome people along the way. Ended up riding 41miles and felt great after the ride. Only aches I had were in my shoulders, but other than that I felt like I could of rode more! Sunday was going to be my rest day but I love running in the evening just when the sun is going down and it's a little cooler out. I don't have many opportunities to run in the evening since I am usually at work so I took advantage of it. My GPS kept crapping out since it was so cloudy and overcast. I knew the route though since it's one of my usuals. Ran 4miles with a few showers here and there but it felt good since the humidity was still high. Overall I felt like I had a good weekend and looking forward to the week ahead.

Have a great week everyone and keep up the awesome work that you all are putting forth. Posting a pic of my bike jersey that I wore for my ride I did on Saturday. It got a lot of comments along the way and gave me the opportunity to meet a lot of people. I love wearing colorful clothes that pop out and why not have some fun while working out? Now if I could find something "fun" to wear for the tris

I love the bright jersey.
Nicole
New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Todd's Tri Turtles 4 (Beginner, Sprint, 5K, 10K) CLOSED Rss Feed  

of 44

RELATED POSTS

Successful Triathlon Training, by Fred D - OPEN

Started by Fred D
Views: 1055 Posts: 2

2015-01-21 6:28 AM juanjaramillo

Baowolf's fun in the sun Mentor Group (Open)

Started by Baowolf
Views: 65 Posts: 1

2014-05-18 1:30 AM Baowolf

Playmobil31's Group - Open

Started by playmobil31
Views: 65 Posts: 1

2011-12-18 3:37 PM playmobil31
RELATED ARTICLES
date : September 8, 2008
author : pjwalzphd
comments : 2
When I told my husband that I planned to work toward completing a sprint triathlon, he smiled and was supportive, but a bit disbelieving.

date : March 6, 2008
author : scubachic9999
comments : 4
Already a cyclist and not a bad swimmer, I figured all I had to do was build up to running a few miles and I’d be ready to go. The challenge invigorated me, and I ran out to buy new running shoes.
date : October 30, 2005
author : acbadger
comments : 0
First, with your upcoming 5K, I strongly advise you to check out the “Couch to 5K” training schedule. This training schedule is a GREAT way to get back into running safely and wisely.

date : September 26, 2004
author : jhealy422
For as long as I can remember, I’ve had weight issues. I remember standing on the scale as a child weighing 60 pounds and feeling fat. My family dealt with stress by eating.
date : August 29, 2004
author : Ron
Overview of two walk/run routines for training for a 5K.

comments : 12
This aggressive couch to 5k program will get you running from nothing and will be the lead-up to any of the sprint programs.
This couch to 5k program will get your running in seven months and can be the lead-up to any of the sprint programs.