General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Iron distance in October Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2015-01-02 1:49 PM

User image

Regular
Akron
Subject: Iron distance in October
For those of you that have done an IM in early fall do you feel burnt out? I'm debating on doing IMLOU in October this year. I'm curious how an extra 6 weeks will make it for me. I wanted to do IM Muskoka in late August, but prefer a flatter run and I'm already familiar with LOu since I've completed it already. I think I might benefit from it because I had knee scope a few months ago and it would give me more time with my base. Is it hard to train through September? do you feel burnt out training long in Sept? I'm from OH and think it could be hit or miss with the weather, but think it should be okay. I guess ya never know until you try right?

2015-01-07 9:24 AM
in reply to: SEADOCHA

User image

Champion
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Bronze member
Subject: RE: Iron distance in October

I've done 3 IM distance races, IMCdA (June), Vineman (July), and B2B (October).  I didn't consider it a problem to train into and past September as it was nice to do my long rides in slightly cooler weather here in NC.  (I was in the Midwest while training for the first two.

If you choose to do the race, don't be too ambitious early in the season lest you burn out and spend the last part of the season suffering. 

2015-02-09 12:45 AM

User image

Elite
Alturas, California
If you start your training build later you should be fine. I did IM Tahoe in mid September. shrug.
2015-02-10 9:08 AM

User image

Regular
Pueblo, Colorado
Havent' done an IM in the fall, but did 70.3 Austin two years ago. I didn't have trouble training into the fall. If anything, it made the summer a little more low key. I raced less and trained a bit more which was very refreshing. I went into Austin in great shape and well rested. Unfortunately, I had a mishap with a cone that "jumped out" in front of me when I was riding, so I didn't get to finish. I would say that the quantity of racing might be a bigger factor in terms of burnout potential as compared to the date of the IM. Good luck!
2015-02-10 9:16 AM

User image

Regular
, Ohio
I am fairly certain IMLOU is sold out :-/
2015-02-10 10:21 AM
in reply to: lanzodt

Do IMAZ instead-- easier course, more time to recover and you can still enter via charity spot through SmileTrain.. email [email protected] for details... geat race, great cause!

2015-02-10 10:59 AM
in reply to: lanzodt

User image

Alpharetta, Georgia
Bronze member

Originally posted by lanzodt I am fairly certain IMLOU is sold out :-/

It is, but it looks like she got in before the sell out

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Iron distance in October Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

What's Your Favorite Half Iron or Iron Distance Race

Started by eddie04
Views: 1408 Posts: 4

2006-09-15 8:43 AM us50090

40 days till Hombre de Hierro (Iron-distance)

Started by dragoman
Views: 960 Posts: 4

2005-04-06 4:32 PM charles81

Having a wee tiny thought about half-Iron distance

Started by CLLinIA
Views: 1862 Posts: 19

2005-04-03 12:25 AM sjhamblin

iron man distance triathlon

Started by daveha
Views: 1545 Posts: 5

2004-12-01 12:21 AM daveha

Gong Long vs Iron Distance

Started by Steve-
Views: 1548 Posts: 8

2004-12-04 9:34 AM mikericci
RELATED ARTICLES
date : May 20, 2014
author : leighdodd
comments : 0
My issue is that I am currently deployed and training outside is proving difficult, especially on the bike. I have found a safe 10km running loop but I am struggling with the bike training.

date : March 20, 2014
author : Tre_bor
This is part three of a five part series on how to train for an Iron distance race. In this article I would like to try to offer up some information about how to get through the bike unscathed.
date : March 12, 2014
author : AMSSM
I strained by lower back last week. I know that I need to rest in order for it to heal fully, but I am concerned that I am going to lose needed fitness for the race. Will this affect my performance?

date : June 28, 2012
author : writingrunner
How my first half iron distance triathlon brought back feelings of high school competition.
date : July 14, 2009
author : scoobysdad
Excerpts from the full-length movie of three BT'ers following their dreams to Ironman. Meet BT'er tripletmom01

date : August 21, 2008
author : vm354
comments : 1
How Pilates training helped a wanna-be triathlete realize the goal of completing a half-Ironman, Ironman 70.3 Rhode Island.
date : July 3, 2006
author : mrakes1
Although you can receive all of your vitamins and minerals through foods eaten in the diet, nutritional products used for training may not allow you to meet recommendations on a daily basis.

date : September 3, 2005
author : chrisandniki
This is not an easy task, especially for the “9-to-5er” with family. But you can do it – all without sacrificing your marriage, job or family.