General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » I'm Kate-the-great Rss Feed  
Moderators: IndoIronYanti, k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2015-01-02 7:54 PM

Subject: I'm Kate-the-great
I have rediscovered myself after nearly dying from West Nile Virus, surviving breast cancer, becoming a proud recovering alcoholic, defeating severe depression and burying my mother in Sept. I did several short triathlons in my 30s and LOVED them. I am 59 years old and have lost 80 pounds since I quit drinking in 2011. I am somewhat fit, swimming a mile 3 times a week, walking / running 3 to 4 miles three times a week, yoga once a week. I want to do a short tri this year, maybe this summer. Will somebody out there be my buddy? I need to know what short tri to sign up for. I live in the oilfields of N D, which is why I haven't been biking ( too dangerous on the roads), but I can work around that. I have never done a forum before, am not on Facebook, but here I come!

2015-01-02 8:07 PM
in reply to: Kate-the-great

User image

Royal(PITA)
West Chester, Ohio
Subject: RE: I'm Kate-the-great

Welcome Kate -the -great OVERCOMER!!! Way to go!  I don't know what's out there i ND, but you can look in your state forum to see if there are any sprints near you and find someone local to train with  there.  Mentor groups are just starting up, go hop in one while they are open so you I can connect with a few more people here!

New Thread
General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » I'm Kate-the-great Rss Feed