of 2

2015-01-09 9:39 AM
in reply to: brigby1

User image

Veteran
Apex, NC
Subject: RE: What is elite?
Originally posted by brigby1

Originally posted by smoom Not sure how to quote on my iPad. This is for Clempson about age group elites... I'm curious. I've never heard of age group elites. In our local races we have an open category who race outside the AGs and for the OA. Is that what you're referring to or something else? (I'm keenly aware of the opens because inevitably I win or podium in my AG and get all excited only to learn the some dude or dudes from my AG were in the open category and spanked me.)

I've seen this done in a few ways. Sometimes this wave is its own race and others it's simply a wave with the fast people going for the overall. When the wave is its own race, they mean just that. Only the people in that wave are competing with each other and have their own final standings. All the other waves work like most AG races do. Separate overall winners and separate age group placings for each. In the latter case, it seems that the "elite" wave may be to help attract some of the faster folks to a little more beginner friendly race. Everyone is combined into one big list in the results. Sure it's handled other ways as well.

Oh, ok. That's what I'm used to.

And yes, I am from NC and race Setup, FS, etc.

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » What is elite? Rss Feed  

of 2

RELATED POSTS

I am a beginner and I am scared, but hopeful

Started by trisome
Views: 3066 Posts: 15

2013-08-07 7:47 AM Sidney Porter

Elite - anyone who owns one of their bikes give your review please

Started by The Beast
Views: 654 Posts: 3

2005-06-08 7:50 PM Bender

IM coach and elite hit by drunk driver

Started by trilover
Views: 1646 Posts: 16

2005-02-27 10:37 PM CindyK

Elite training schedules

Started by cgr
Views: 817 Posts: 3

2004-10-20 3:59 PM haris

url with video of elite swimmers

Started by infosteward
Views: 1354 Posts: 10

2004-03-10 8:56 AM Lara
RELATED ARTICLES
date : January 9, 2013
author : MultisportWorld
comments : 0
Jarrod Shoemaker, 2012 US Elite National Champion, discusses the importance of recovery for injury prevention.

date : March 19, 2009
author : AMSSM
After riding my bike sometimes I will develop a very sharp intense pain in the first joint of my pointer finger. It seems to happen randomly and it lasts for anywhere from several minutes to an hour.
date : August 5, 2008
author : FitWerx
I have a Specialized Allez Elite road bike with aero bars. It has the stock seatpost. I am interested in changing the seat post to one that is more forward. What would I look for?

date : May 5, 2008
author : TriPainter
comments : 1
I went into the pool area (as this was a pool swim) and got body marked. That's when it hit me that I was there to race - this was not a clinic.
date : September 10, 2007
author : DominiqueL
comments : 1
The folks at RSS weren’t happy with the 4.75, so they updated the backpack and sent me a new one. They have continued engineering this already fantastic bag to make it even better.

date : June 6, 2006
author : DominiqueL
The Elite wetsuit was redesigned four times before going to the market in order to maximize its benefits. Does all this speed come at the expense of comfort? I had to find out.
date : May 3, 2005
author : infosteward
Can the USAT serve its 50,000+ members largely made up of weekend warriors in search of age-group hardware, while catering to the small percent of elite or pro athletes?