General Discussion Triathlon Talk » 2015 Clyde/Athena Tri-N-4- Weight Loss Mentor Group - Open Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

of 37

2015-04-08 11:49 AM
in reply to: bulfrog

New user
Subject: RE: 2015 Clyde/Athena Tri-N-4- Weight Loss Mentor Group - Open
@halr ... wow that sucks. Good luck with the rehab and don't re injure it
@webfootfreak Some is definitely better than none! I find the key for me is limiting the damage of the bad days.
@chi... good luck with your 30 days!
@duck sounds like you are ready! Trust the training and have fun
@kido... I don't understand... glad you are sticking with it though
@bullfrog... get better and come back strong

As for my week: weekly weigh in was 224.4, so I am down 0.4 pounds for the week and 0.5 pounds for last 2. Definitely below my goal, but some is better than none! Hopefully I will see a better number next week. Considering last week had easter I'm going to call it a Win as there was lots of temptations that were avoided. Couple of good trainer rides in and a number of walks, so was pretty pleased with that front as well. This week I want to get back in the pool.

2015-04-12 9:15 AM
in reply to: WebFootFreak

User image

Across the river from Memphis, Tennessee
Originally posted by WebFootFreak
Goals: 1 swim for a minimum of 2000yds total. I'd like a bit more to make the 850 I was short last week. Bike: I missed Sunday's planned ride due to illness already so... The plan is to get my 50miles in 4 rides. Run will be more of the same, but this week I go to 1.2/1.2/1.6mi runs. It's hard not to try to push the distances out on the run, but I'm more afraid of getting hurt again than walking in a race.

It turned out to be another light week for me. I am up to 251.5. That's not a huge gain by any means, but I'd love to be pushing low 240's by race day.

Swim: I got my 2000yds in on Friday. very stoked about that even if it did whup my butt. 1500yd free, 3x50yd kick, 6x25yd sprint (:60 cycles. it took me :20-:25 for each length) and finished off with a nice easy 200yd free cooldown.

Bike: Only 2 rides last week. I think the trainer has turned into some sort of torture device now that the temps are rising. I got 13.11mi in the dark Wed morning and 21.28 with the group (mostly, they did 37 but I ran out of time ) on Sat for a total of 34.39. I'm falling behind on my 200mi goal for April.

Run: Foot pain is back. I did manage a single 1.2mi run on Monday . It seems to flare up more after I've been working, so I'm thinking that the tightness across my work shoes is not helping the issue.

After 2 weeks at "rest" levels, I really need to ramp it up this week. I will get 2 days in the pool since I'm off Tues. My 17mi this morning makes me think I can exceed 60mi this week. I just need to buckle down and hit the trainer like I need to. It also looks like I'm stuck on flat pedals for the forseeable future. Oh well, that'll just help my T2 time, right? Not sure about the run. I may attempt my "long" (1.6mi) run from last week tonight. Depending on how that goes we'll see about my 2nd week of 1.2/1.2/1.6mi runs.
2015-04-15 9:25 AM
in reply to: 0

New user
Quite week on the forum, I hope it is because everyone is busy training and racing.

Weekly weigh-in for me was 222.3, so I'm down 2.1 pounds for the week resulting in a 3 week total of 2.6 pounds, just short of my goal of 1 lb/week. Overall I'm pretty happy with that.

My actual tri training continues to be limited, but I'm moving in the right direction. I finally got back in the pool, did a 500m swim that was way harder than it should have been. It is depressing how much swim fitness you lose when you aren't swimming regularly. I also got in two trainer rides and a number of long walks (walks double as good exercise and keeping the wife happy).

Goals for this week: continue to focus on eating which appears to be starting to bear fruit. Get back in the pool for at least 1 swim, get on the trainer at least twice and hopefully get in an actual run in addition to several walks.

Edited by kent2233 2015-04-15 9:36 AM
2015-04-16 11:53 AM
in reply to: kent2233

User image

Extreme Veteran
Raleigh, North Carolina

Hi all ... hope I'm not too late to join the party.  I'd started to post a thread regarding weight loss, and the difficulties with this and thought to check the Clyde section.  Lo and behold - here is this thread.  So this stated - I'd love to join the group.

NAME: Dorm

STORY: I started doing triathlons 4-5 years ago and immediately loved the feeling one gets from these. At the time I was at 300lbs.  Since the first tri, I've dropped 30-35 lbs and heavy into cycling, swimming next and running is dead last.

FAMILY STATUS: Married, 38 years and counting; 3 daughters and 3 granddaughters, and live in NC

CURRENT TRAINING: Cycling 3 times a week, swimming once/week and not running any right now.

2011 - 3 races
2012 - 2 races
2013 - 2 races

2014 - 1 race

2015 - Planned
April 19 - 100k NCBC Spring cycle event ... Cary NC
May 24 - Mountains of Misery ... one tough 100m event

June 13 - 3 Little Pigs - Sprint Triathlon

July 12 - Rex Wellness of Garner - Sprint Triathlon

2015-04-16 11:55 AM

User image

Champion
Chicago, Illinois
I signed up for ITU Chicago triathlon open sprint event. I get to be part of the ITU again. Yeah me. I had a lot of fun last year. Hopefully this year will be better might I just might have wasted a lot of money.
2015-04-16 12:03 PM
in reply to: Dorm57

User image

Extreme Veteran
Raleigh, North Carolina

I wanted to follow up and get some thoughts from the group on weight loss in general.  I've been stuck at around 270lbs for a couple of years now and very frustrated by this.  I've started Jorge's training program for cycling at the beginning of the year in prep for this Mountains of Misery event and weigh mostly the same as at the beginning of the year.  A couple of weeks ago I went to the nutritionist at my health club and discussed how I was stuck; my eating habits-regimen; exercise, training et al.  As far as what I eat; the quantities; exercise and such ... she basically said I needed to add more calories on a daily basis.  She felt I was calorie deficient on a daily basis and knowing this ... the body just is not giving up the fat. 

Has anyone had this ... what are your thoughts, comments and/or experience?

2015-04-16 12:53 PM
in reply to: #5080193

I know for me weight loss is best when I lift weights and eat more. When I focus strictly on tri sports and cut eating I put on weight or hold steady. The theory is with consistent small meals the body isn't concerned with storing reserves so to speak.
2015-04-16 9:36 PM
in reply to: Duck

User image

Regular
Auckland, North Island
Hi guys,

Well I'm over the flu, and starting to get back into something like my normal routine.

I've also entered a 5k run series held between now and July. So that should be a bit of fun, give me some added motivation to get the weight down and fitness up. And also should be a good way to measure my progress, the times should improve markedly between now and July. Race 2 is on Sunday (Race 1 was when i was overseas a few weeks back), so hoping for some nice weather.
2015-04-16 10:00 PM

User image

Regular
Auckland, North Island
Originally posted by Dorm57

I wanted to follow up and get some thoughts from the group on weight loss in general.  I've been stuck at around 270lbs for a couple of years now and very frustrated by this.  I've started Jorge's training program for cycling at the beginning of the year in prep for this Mountains of Misery event and weigh mostly the same as at the beginning of the year.  A couple of weeks ago I went to the nutritionist at my health club and discussed how I was stuck; my eating habits-regimen; exercise, training et al.  As far as what I eat; the quantities; exercise and such ... she basically said I needed to add more calories on a daily basis.  She felt I was calorie deficient on a daily basis and knowing this ... the body just is not giving up the fat. 

Hi Dorm, first thing is first, welcome to the group.

Before I reply to this, I am not a nutritionist, have no qualifications in this area and all advice that you find on the internet is worth what you paid for it.

That said, I find what your nutritionist told you to be most confusing. If you want to lose wight, you must be in a calorie deficit. When I lose weight, I am aiming to be in a deficit on a daily basis. Weight loss is all about what you eat. If you think that you can out train your diet you are fooling yourself. I have put weight on when training for a HIM, and lost when not training at all, but being more focused on my diet. It's all about what you eat.

My experience (weighed 300lbs, got down to 210, currently back up again but that's not the point) is that aiming for around 1000cal deficit a day, excluding any extra calories burnt during exercise, is a good starting point to lose weight. On high workout days (more than 1 hour S/B/R) I increase that, but by around half what the gramin says I burned (or however you calculate it)

It's true, that muscle burns more calories than fat, so strength work outs, i.e. lifting weights, body mass exercises, hard hill sessions running or biking are good, like Duck said. But from my personal experience weightloss and exercise are different things. We exercise to increase our muscle mass, to get fitter, and to get faster. To lose weight we focus on our diet, and are very careful about what we eat. They can happen at the same time, but they are different things.

If you're not already doing so, I would encourage you to use a calorie counting app, like MyFitnessPal (A lot of the group here are on it) and for a few weeks at least accurately weigh, measure and record everything that goes into your mouth. Aim to hit the target that is calculated for you, but be very weary about adding workout calories into the equation. It may be a shock to find out how many calories you actually eat (It was for me when I started) and if you consistently hit your targets, you almost definitely will lose weight.

Just remember, weightloss is measured in months, not days. So don't be discouraged if there are no immediate results, or if you have a small gain occasionally. This takes a long time to happen.
2015-04-18 9:56 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Raleigh, North Carolina

Great - thanks for the comments Bullfrog.  By calorie deficient - I mean in the 900-1,000 calories per day range.  The nutritionist felt this was too much.  Her reasoning is that at some point, each person's body starts to hoard fat loss - given a hi-calorie deficiency.  She felt I needed to be more in the 500-600 deficit range as this gives you enough fuel as well to do heavy workouts, training and such ... and still lose weight.

This stated, this week I changed up the carbs/protein ratio a bit (fewer carbs) while holding to the same daily caloric intake and managed to drop ~5lbs.   Ditto on the recommendation for MyFitnessPal ... it's a great tool.

Dorm

2015-04-18 8:54 PM
in reply to: #5108648

Today was RAGE triathlon! Had a really good race. Swim was18:01minutes including a long run to T1. 16:10 minutes actual swim time. Not bad given I kept having to fight people having trouble keeping their bearings. My transitions were really good, T1 3:13 and T2 2:15. My bike was clean. Struggled on the climbs but kept pushing. Averaged 15.1 mph and finished in 49:29. Once again the run was difficult. Came out too fast and gassed myself early. Pulled it together and managed to negative split, 14:08 1st mile, 13:32 2nd mile, and 12:43 3rd mile for a 40:30 total at 13:28 average which has been my pace during training. My goal was sub 2 hours and my total race time of 1:53:30 definitely made me happy. I missed a podium finish by 3 1/2 minutes. I really need to work on my run. The top three clydes all had roughly 10 minute faster runs. I can say I'm even more motivated to lose this weight thinking how much more competitive I'll be 60+ lbs lighter. The race was very well organized with no hiccups. Another great experience with BBSC endurance. Very sad to see the toll the drought has taken on Lake Mead though. Water level was easily 30+ feet lower then my last race in 2013. My next planned race is Pumpkinman in October. Gonna take a week off and stay right in the training!

2015-04-19 9:34 AM

User image

After 2 weeks at "rest" levels, I really need to ramp it up this week. I will get 2 days in the pool since I'm off Tues. My 17mi this morning makes me think I can exceed 60mi this week. I just need to buckle down and hit the trainer like I need to. It also looks like I'm stuck on flat pedals for the forseeable future. Oh well, that'll just help my T2 time, right? Not sure about the run. I may attempt my "long" (1.6mi) run from last week tonight. Depending on how that goes we'll see about my 2nd week of 1.2/1.2/1.6mi runs.

Okay gotta keep it quick this week... time is limited

Weight: 248.5. Down 3? I'll take that anytime. Still struggling a bit with diet and logging, and I really doubt I can go sub-240 by race day (4 weeks out) without issues so... Train, train, train, traintraintrain and we'll see what happens!

Swim: 2 sessions, yay! Time limited on both so 1000yds free and 1500yds free with no extra drills. 2500yds for the week.

Bike: 3 rides, still finding any reason at all to avoid the trainer. Sun: 17.71, Fri: 13.8 and Sat 21.7 for a total of 53.21 for the week. VERY happy with that. Also, before I cut back early on the group ride Sat (I'm time limited for 2 more weeks), I was right behind the pace setter cranking out 21+mph on flat pedals. We dropped 2 cyclists who I consider to be much stronger than I am... was very happy with that last ride.

Run: Still struggling, Pain is manageable at the moment. Got 2 1.6mi runs in on Wed and on Fri as a brick. Rather disappointed that I walked a good bit on the brick, but my pace was still faster than last year's race so... it is an improvement.

The goals for this week are to stick with my training. 1 swim on Fri (different pool as they're pulling the dome down at the Y. Will have an outdoor pool starting in May). I gotta hit the trainer to work on cadence and hit some interval training. I am better than last year, but still have a lot of work to do. 50mi total is the goal. Run is supposed to increase this week to 1.6/1.6/2.0. Plan to hit all 3, but goal is to complete, not push the pace like I have been. As far as diet... just stay as clean as possible.

Edited by WebFootFreak 2015-04-19 9:36 AM
2015-04-19 9:44 AM

User image

Hi all ... hope I'm not too late to join the party.  I'd started to post a thread regarding weight loss, and the difficulties with this and thought to check the Clyde section.  Lo and behold - here is this thread.  So this stated - I'd love to join the group.

NAME: Dorm

STORY: I started doing triathlons 4-5 years ago and immediately loved the feeling one gets from these. At the time I was at 300lbs.  Since the first tri, I've dropped 30-35 lbs and heavy into cycling, swimming next and running is dead last.

FAMILY STATUS: Married, 38 years and counting; 3 daughters and 3 granddaughters, and live in NC

CURRENT TRAINING: Cycling 3 times a week, swimming once/week and not running any right now.

2011 - 3 races
2012 - 2 races
2013 - 2 races

2014 - 1 race

2015 - Planned
April 19 - 100k NCBC Spring cycle event ... Cary NC
May 24 - Mountains of Misery ... one tough 100m event

June 13 - 3 Little Pigs - Sprint Triathlon

July 12 - Rex Wellness of Garner - Sprint Triathlon

WELCOME! Good to see someone else with experience so some of us noobs can pick your brains!

Originally posted by chirunner134

I signed up for ITU Chicago triathlon open sprint event. I get to be part of the ITU again. Yeah me. I had a lot of fun last year. Hopefully this year will be better might I just might have wasted a lot of money.

You are going to crush this.

I try to use MyFitnessPal. Been having some issues with what's available around the house and a lack of desire to take the time to log. However, when I stick to my plan and follow the numbers, I've lost pretty consistently.

Originally posted by bulfrog

Well I'm over the flu, and starting to get back into something like my normal routine.

Good to see you up and around again.

Originally posted by Duck

Today was RAGE triathlon! Had a really good race. Swim was18:01minutes including a long run to T1. 16:10 minutes actual swim time. Not bad given I kept having to fight people having trouble keeping their bearings. My transitions were really good, T1 3:13 and T2 2:15. My bike was clean. Struggled on the climbs but kept pushing. Averaged 15.1 mph and finished in 49:29. Once again the run was difficult. Came out too fast and gassed myself early. Pulled it together and managed to negative split, 14:08 1st mile, 13:32 2nd mile, and 12:43 3rd mile for a 40:30 total at 13:28 average which has been my pace during training. My goal was sub 2 hours and my total race time of 1:53:30 definitely made me happy. I missed a podium finish by 3 1/2 minutes. I really need to work on my run. The top three clydes all had roughly 10 minute faster runs. I can say I'm even more motivated to lose this weight thinking how much more competitive I'll be 60+ lbs lighter. The race was very well organized with no hiccups. Another great experience with BBSC endurance. Very sad to see the toll the drought has taken on Lake Mead though. Water level was easily 30+ feet lower then my last race in 2013. My next planned race is Pumpkinman in October. Gonna take a week off and stay right in the training!

What were the swim and bike distances?
2015-04-19 10:02 AM

Swim was 750yds but I think I was more around 900yds with the extra course corrections. Garmin had me at 1100yds including the run to T1. Bike was 12.48 miles with 817ft elevation gain. My race morning weigh in was 299.4. Up a few pounds in the last couple weeks, but still down 10 overall. After some recovery time I'll be back in the gym lifting weights while trying to maintain/improve my tri training gains so far. Pumpkinman in October is all climb between 3% & 6% grade with no downhill at all except a short corner before T2. This one was very disappointing for me 2 years ago. I'm determined to kill it this time.

Edited by Duck 2015-04-19 10:15 AM
2015-04-19 8:38 PM

User image

Regular
Auckland, North Island
A much better week for me this week, after 3 far less than ideal ones. Got all my workouts for just under 3 hours running this week.

My 5k on sunday was ok, I ran 36:19, which when my pre race prediction was 37-40 minutes was a pretty good result. The negative tho is the last time I ran 5k in a race, it was in a sprint tri, and I did 30:24. and my best time (also in a sprint) when I was building up to my HIM was 24:54. So a looooong way to get back to what I should be capable of. But it's another step in the right direction.

My negative for the week is my weight is up again, for the 2nd week in a row. So this week I'm going to be making another real effort to focus on my nutrition, and keep making better choices. Obviously I slipped somewhere last week.
2015-04-19 8:39 PM

User image

Regular
Auckland, North Island
Originally posted by Duck

Congratulations on your race! especially well done on being able to negative split the run, thats a sign of good pacing. And something I am almost never able to do.

2015-04-19 9:03 PM

User image

Regular
Auckland, North Island

Great - thanks for the comments Bullfrog.  By calorie deficient - I mean in the 900-1,000 calories per day range.  The nutritionist felt this was too much.  Her reasoning is that at some point, each person's body starts to hoard fat loss - given a hi-calorie deficiency.  She felt I needed to be more in the 500-600 deficit range as this gives you enough fuel as well to do heavy workouts, training and such ... and still lose weight.

This stated, this week I changed up the carbs/protein ratio a bit (fewer carbs) while holding to the same daily caloric intake and managed to drop ~5lbs.   Ditto on the recommendation for MyFitnessPal ... it's a great tool.

Dorm

Now, as I'm just some random guy on the internet, I won't be upset in any way if you totally ignore this post. Like I said in my last post on this advice on the internet is generally worth what you paid for it. All you can do is evaluate all the different information that's out there and make your own decisions.

But, I disagree with what your nutritionist is telling you. a 1000 cal/day deficit is a perfectly healthy, advisable target for those of us looking to lose weight. As I'm sure you all know 1000cal/day translates into about 2lbs fat loss per week. It is what I target, and I'd guess what many of the other group members who use MFP here also target.

If you actually have a 1000cal/day deficit you would be loosing weight. You are either underestimating what you eat, or over estimating how many cal you burn. Or both. I'm sorry, but it's that simple.

The "starvation mode" theory of your body not losing fat because you aren't eating enough is a myth. And I would be very dubious taking advice from a professional who tells you that's what's going on. While is is true that large, or prolonged calorie deficits can change (slightly) our metabolism, it does not change it enough to stop weight loss. You might lose less than expected, but you would still lose.

Here are some links on the subject for your reading pleasure:

http://www.aworkoutroutine.com/starvation-mode/

http://www.weightwatchers.com/util/art/index_art.aspx?tabnum=1&art_...

Congratulations on dropping the 5lbs this week. That's definitely a step in the right direction. Hopefully the change in carbs/protein (and/or the extra attention you paid because you did something different) is all that was needed to get you started again and the pounds continue to melt away.
2015-04-22 10:30 AM
in reply to: kent2233

New user
action picking up on the forum good to see.
Welcome Dorm
Congrats on the race Duck
1,000 cal/day deficit seems reasonable, so I would look at how input/output is being measured.

weekly weigh-in for me: 222.5, up 0.2 from last week, 4 week total of down 2.4, well short for 1 lb/week goal. Was reasonably happy with my week so I was expecting a bit better result to be honest, but I'll chalk it up as regular fluctuations for now. Eating wasn't ideal, but I avoided a number of temptations during the week. I can also tell that my fitness is improving, so that is an obvious positive as well.

Did a 550m swim, which was a bit longer than last week, so that was positive. Did two trainer rides, one for 70 minutes and one high intensity for 20 minutes so I was happy with that. Didn't manage any real runs but I got in a number of good walks during the week.

Goals for next week: going to be a tough week, meeting up with friends and going to the ball game on Thursday and will be out of town visiting family on the weekend. So if I get in 1 each for S/B/R and have decent eating I will be happy. I'm also trying to get in extra walks at lunch time, so we will see how that goes. My walking commute plus a lunch walk would put me at roughly 7km before any additional exercise which seems like a decent base.
2015-04-26 9:12 AM

User image

The goals for this week are to stick with my training. 1 swim on Fri (different pool as they're pulling the dome down at the Y. Will have an outdoor pool starting in May). I gotta hit the trainer to work on cadence and hit some interval training. I am better than last year, but still have a lot of work to do. 50mi total is the goal. Run is supposed to increase this week to 1.6/1.6/2.0. Plan to hit all 3, but goal is to complete, not push the pace like I have been. As far as diet... just stay as clean as possible.

I feel like I'm on Sesame Street... "Okay kids, the word for the month of April is... LAZY. Can you say Lay-Zee?"

Didn't pay attention to diet this week. Up to 249.5. With my first race 3 weeks out, I am not looking to purposefully cut weight for now. I will watch what I eat (and not just as I shove it in my mouth ) and try to avoid the bad things, but I am not going to go calorie cut crazy either.

Swim: Nope. Real life intervened in a big way this week.

Bike: This was the only thing I did this week. 27.44mi on Wed and 14.08 mi on Sat for a total of 41.52.

Run: Nope again.

I know I am not going to make any great strides in the next 2 weeks (taper on 3rd week), but I just need to get out and DO something... sheesh...
2015-04-29 7:44 AM

New user
well, I knew it was going to be a tough week and I failed miserably...

weekly weigh-in was 224.6, so almost back to where I started. One trainer ride, no swims and no runs and terrible eating makes for a bad week... eugh. must get back on track!
2015-04-30 8:43 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Raleigh, North Carolina

Well thanks all and glad to join the group.  Overall weight loss is down 5lbs and seemed to kick in once I lowered the carbs and increased the protein.  Still I kept the daily calorie count the same - just ate more protein than carbs.  I had been training hard for a bike rally ... the ride was last Sunday and was a 100k (~62'ish miles).  I showed up, saddled up and after ~15 miles - had absolutely no legs.  I have been there before and once I realized I had no legs - it was time to pack it in.  So, I turned a 100k into roughly a 25 - 27 mile ride ... still not a loss.  So the admonition for the group is 2 days prior to your metric century - do not ride 40 miles and 1 day before - work your tail off in your yard.  This is a great recipe for "no legs".

Got in an early ride on Saturday and had my fastest mph average for the year. 

Don't know if ones in the group here log your training on BT, but I'll start back logging on here.  It is encouraging to look at what you've done, where you've been and reflect on the effort it's taken to get to now.

2015-05-03 9:13 AM

User image

Interesting week... still not a very good one...

Weight: Up to 252.0 again...

Swim: Got 1100yds in on Friday. Had a lot to do that day and just didn't have the time. It was nice to swim outside for the first time this year though.

Bike: Mixed bag here... I only got 2 rides in, however at 24.21mi on Sunday and 26.27mi yesterday I busted the 50mi mark for the week... barely... Also, my BB detonated on me Monday as I rode my bike from the employee lot to the shop (the plan was to swap it during lunch). Then the drive side cover decided to seize up on me and in my attempts to muscle it loose, I was sure I had cracked the housing. A friend at my LBS is did me a solid getting the cover off and thankfully there's no cracking. I did end up riding the wife's mountain bike on slicks for the group ride yesterday and a little jaunt to start this week off with a whimper (her seat hurts my butt).

Run: 1 miserable run for 1.6mi on Wed.

I know there's not a lot I can do in my last full week of lackluster training. I guess we'll find out how under prepared I am in 2 weeks... ugh
2015-05-03 9:59 PM

User image

Regular
Auckland, North Island
Pretty quiet around here these days.

The last few weeks have been mixed for me, a couple of good weeks, but last week the only workout I managed was a single run. But I managed to weigh in lighter for the last 2 weeks so that's a positive.

And the big positive (and the reason for poor training) is the new kitchen and laundry is in at home, and the house has nice new floors. It's been a big few weeks paying builder. Next job is reclaiming the garage and creating a decent man cave, I see a workshop/gym combo in my future.

How's everybody going? Training and otherwise?
2015-05-08 9:54 AM

After a break to let my legs heal i am back in training mode this week. Swam with the masters group on Wed and was very pleased not to have lost as much as i feared, a good 2200 yard session. This morning was the first time i have commuted to work on the bike, I had my wife drop me on the other side of the valley so that i didn't have to battle the rush hour traffic (and to help shorten the distance!). 17.6miles in 61mins with a total elevation gain of 541ft. Not bad although a huge amount of room for improvement!

Now just need to figure out my bike fit as my knees are rolling around my belly too much when on the aero bars...FFTT (fat folk tri troubles). Was pleased when a cop pulled up next to me at the lights and exclaimed "Boy! you were REALLY moving down there, that was impressive". I was pulling 42mph down an incline!
2015-05-08 10:12 AM
in reply to: halr75

User image

Champion
Chicago, Illinois
Originally posted by halr75

Was pleased when a cop pulled up next to me at the lights and exclaimed "Boy! you were REALLY moving down there, that was impressive". I was pulling 42mph down an incline!

Better be careful not to get a speeding ticket.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » 2015 Clyde/Athena Tri-N-4- Weight Loss Mentor Group - Open Rss Feed  

of 37

RELATED POSTS

Clyde/Athena Tri-N-4- Weight Loss Mentor Group -OPEN AGAIN!! Pages: 1 ... 55 56 57 58

Started by Fechter99
Views: 54569 Posts: 1444

2015-08-04 12:43 AM Go4gidget

Athena/ Clydesdale Official Mentor Group Pages: 1 ... 42 43 44 45

Started by BikerGrrrl
Views: 68190 Posts: 1113

2013-12-30 2:13 PM Fechter99

Clyde/Athena FB group.... Pages: 1 2

Started by Garceau
Views: 8749 Posts: 44

2016-09-27 11:52 AM dandr614

Athena group vs. Beginner Triathlete group

Started by Tri-Ro
Views: 2570 Posts: 6

2008-09-03 10:34 PM Artemis

Love Being an Athena/Clyde [Newbie] Because

Started by TriAya
Views: 3648 Posts: 25

2007-08-16 1:45 AM Iron_Gus
RELATED ARTICLES
date : February 13, 2005
author : JeremyLikness
comments : 9
Losing fat is not difficult. So why does this continue to be an elusive goal for so many people, who “struggle” just to lose a few inches?