General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Cap Peak Mega Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2015-01-07 12:13 PM

User image

Seattle
Subject: Cap Peak Mega

Alright, it's in a week and a half. Who all is registered and committed? 

2015-01-07 1:22 PM
in reply to: Asalzwed

User image

Master
Pacific Northwest
Subject: RE: Cap Peak Mega

I am!  I am doing the 25k, it will be my first "ultra" .  I have been following a training plan pretty closely so I know I can do it, but with the elevation there, I will not be fast!

2015-01-07 1:39 PM
in reply to: Medusa_Ann

User image

Pro
Bellingham, WA

I'm about 40/60 at this point.  I've been getting a tad bit of runner's knee and am trying to be cautious with it so as not to derail my pre-season.  That and a good 5 to 6 hours of driving are weighing heavily with my desire to do this race.

I am signed up for Lake Sammammish so if I don't do this race hopefully we can meet up there.

2015-01-08 12:40 PM
in reply to: popsracer

User image

Seattle

Originally posted by popsracer

I'm about 40/60 at this point.  I've been getting a tad bit of runner's knee and am trying to be cautious with it so as not to derail my pre-season.  That and a good 5 to 6 hours of driving are weighing heavily with my desire to do this race.

I am signed up for Lake Sammammish so if I don't do this race hopefully we can meet up there.

Doooooo eeeeeeeeettttt!

2015-01-08 7:48 PM

User image

Pro
Bellingham, WA

Originally posted by Asalzwed

Doooooo eeeeeeeeettttt!

I guess my mind has been made for me.  Registration closed a week ago.

I've noticed a lot of these off road races are starting to sell out earlier and earlier.  Deception Pass and Winthrop have trail races I've considered but sold out fast.

Oh well.  Good luck to you both.

2015-01-09 1:16 PM

User image

Seattle

Doooooo eeeeeeeeettttt!

I guess my mind has been made for me.  Registration closed a week ago.

I've noticed a lot of these off road races are starting to sell out earlier and earlier.  Deception Pass and Winthrop have trail races I've considered but sold out fast.

Oh well.  Good luck to you both.

You can pretty much count on anything associated with rain-shadow running to sell out

2015-01-12 3:42 PM

User image

Master
Pacific Northwest

I am pretty sure I am going to get a cheap hotel in Oly on Friday night.  I can't deal with my snoring spouse, needy dog and insomniac kid the night before the big event.  I've been battling a cold since I got back from my trip a week ago as it is.  That's my story.

2015-01-13 12:40 PM

User image

Seattle

Originally posted by Medusa_Ann

I am pretty sure I am going to get a cheap hotel in Oly on Friday night.  I can't deal with my snoring spouse, needy dog and insomniac kid the night before the big event.  I've been battling a cold since I got back from my trip a week ago as it is.  That's my story.

Soooooo, beer after? That's MY story

2015-01-13 10:41 PM

User image

Master
Pacific Northwest

I am bringing some beer in a cooler......not sure I can go out after, but will play that by ear!  You will probably finish at the same time as I do, even though I am only doing the 25k and you are doing 50k...

2015-01-14 12:01 PM

User image

Seattle

I am bringing some beer in a cooler......not sure I can go out after, but will play that by ear!  You will probably finish at the same time as I do, even though I am only doing the 25k and you are doing 50k...

I am only doing the 25  So....where is this cooler going to be located

2015-01-15 10:44 AM

User image

Master
Pacific Northwest

I am only doing the 25  So....where is this cooler going to be located

In that case maybe I should leave it your car....you'll be done hours before I will!!!  I have no idea how long it will take me but I am guesstimating 4 hours.  Running with a friend from BT who is not piping in on this thread, but I know our pace is pretty similar (ie slow but steady).

2015-01-17 8:04 PM

User image

Master
Pacific Northwest

Adrienne--I looked around for you before and after but missed you.  We didn't stick around too long, it was darn cold.  I assume you finished way before me and went on your way. 

Here's the RR.  I really really loved it, despite the messiness of the trails!  When's the next one??

http://beginnertriathlete.com/discussion/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=528314&page=1&posts=2#M5084489

2015-01-20 10:39 AM

User image

Seattle

SO much fun!!! Sorry I missed you! I got there late and had to make a dash for check-in. I was pretty cold at the end so I stuck around for a beer then took off.  

2015-01-20 12:15 PM

User image

Pro
Bellingham, WA

Adrienne--I looked around for you before and after but missed you.  We didn't stick around too long, it was darn cold.  I assume you finished way before me and went on your way. 

Here's the RR.  I really really loved it, despite the messiness of the trails!  When's the next one??

http://beginnertriathlete.com/discussion/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=528314&page=1&posts=2#M5084489

Great job you two.  Here is the next one.  This on the trails I run try to keep up with my billy goat friends on.

http://www.bellinghamtrail.com/p/fragrance-lake-10k20k.html

2015-01-20 1:54 PM

User image

Seattle

Oh and here is my  Race report

Steve, I can't do the race you posted because I am doing the 5-miler the next day

I'd love to come to BHam to drink beer, er, race though

2015-01-20 3:01 PM

User image

Pro
Bellingham, WA

Oh and here is my  Race report

Steve, I can't do the race you posted because I am doing the 5-miler the next day

I'd love to come to BHam to drink beer, er, race though

In the link to Fragrance Lake race is a link to Stewart Mtn Half Marathon that is on March 14th.  I'm doing both these races as long training efforts.  And we got a lot of great places to drink beer around here.

2015-01-26 6:15 PM

User image

Master
Pacific Northwest

I am hoping to do Fragrance Lake....unfortunately it is the day prior to Chilly Hilly...sigh.

This Saturday, the 31st, I am signed up for this one--there are 3 distances--I am doing the 9.6.  http://www.databarevents.com/lynr

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Cap Peak Mega Rss Feed  
RELATED ARTICLES
date : March 15, 2012
author : mikericci
comments : 0
How do you train for an A-race that is six months away? How do you peak for multiple A-races?

date : December 28, 2009
author : AMSSM
I have a very annoying pain under my knee cap. It does not hurt when I run or ride. It hurts a lot when I swim and when I walk up or down stairs. The pain is a searing pain. Help!
date : November 19, 2007
author : CyndiPPF
So here I was, a hard-working, respectable, just-turned-forty-six-year-old, who never considered herself athletic, lining up in my swim cap and goggles for my first triathlon.

date : November 27, 2005
author : Team BT
The toll of fate strikes as those with orange swim caps are beckoned to begin the journey. Ahhh, nothing like the feel of ice cold water seeping in your wetsuit to wake you up. GO!
date : September 3, 2005
author : infosteward
The Boulder Peak bike course is legendary. It is, literally and named as such, one of the toughest bike legs in the country.

date : May 16, 2005
author : AMSSM
Discussions on base training, intensity training, peaking and tapering, racing and competition and recovery and restoration.
date : November 14, 2004
author : eclaire
Newbie blunders teach the mind to overcome the moment, and always have fun!