General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Food Prep Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2015-01-10 10:31 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Subject: Food Prep

Does anyone do food prep on Sunday for the week? If so what are some of the thing you prepare for your week? I start back to school this week and I was thinking of getting several meals prepped for the week.

I'm also going to force myself to keep a structured fitness goal throughout this semester. I would like to be down at least 30lbs by May.

It's still very cold here, but I will get outside and walk/run to 10 degrees, when that hits I'm indoors.

Good-luck staying in your fitness and nutrition goals this week!!
Amy Mutz
Haubstadt, Indiana USA

2015-01-11 10:16 AM
in reply to: amy mutz

User image

Extreme Veteran
Jakarta Selatan, Unknown
Subject: RE: Food Prep
Originally posted by amy mutz

Does anyone do food prep on Sunday for the week? If so what are some of the thing you prepare for your week? I start back to school this week and I was thinking of getting several meals prepped for the week.

I'm also going to force myself to keep a structured fitness goal throughout this semester. I would like to be down at least 30lbs by May.

It's still very cold here, but I will get outside and walk/run to 10 degrees, when that hits I'm indoors.

Good-luck staying in your fitness and nutrition goals this week!!
Amy Mutz
Haubstadt, Indiana USA

Hi Amy,

you are in the right track; a smart way of meal preparation would make your goal achievable. I have been a prepper for some time now, since I was competing for contest several years ago.

I discovered a minimum 2 times a week of cooking is the most efficient way of doing. Preferably 2 to 3 meals per cooking consisting of carb based meal (potato, rice, sweet potato, pasta), protein based meal (roast chicken, beef stew, fish pie), and vegetable based meal (vegie stir fry, salad).

I usually cook them in the amount of 10 portions, that means 10 days if I ate them once a day. I always cook them half-done and immediately store them in plastic container in the fridge. Everytime I would like to eat something, I take them out and put it in the microwave.

You could try as many combination you like, for me 3 meals with a balanced micronutrients meal works the best. This method saves time and money BIG TIME.

All the best,

N.J.
2015-01-19 1:12 PM

User image

Pennsylvania

When I take the time to do it, I like to try to do snack and meal prep ahead of time.

Snack prep: veggies or fruit cut up and put in individual serving baggies; makes it easy to grab one quickly when packing a lunch or on the go.  Examples: grapes, carrots/broccoli, cauliflower, red pepper strips.  Buy or prepack dip or hummus, too for those veggies.

Meal prep: soups are stoopid easy to make a big batch of and package for daily use or freeze for future quick use.  I often make a huge pot of, say, chili and freeze it immediately in single serving containers.  Makes it super easy to grab one for lunch or supper.  I also pre-make chicken breasts for topping a salad or as hot meals along with some veggies and rice or quinoa or potatoes.

2015-01-23 11:35 PM

User image

Bakersfield, California
I don't necessarily cook my food on Sundays for the week, but my wife and I plan out all of our meals for the week and do our shopping. I always make sure that we cook enough dinner to have left over protein for my lunch the next day. I also rely on rotisserie chickens from Costco. 4 meals minimum from each chicken for $5. I so rely on single snack packs for hummus and avocado. We also hit the farmer's market to make sure there is fruit and some special things.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Food Prep Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

Prep. - 90% Spinning and Swimming...

Started by sakins
Views: 1752 Posts: 3

2012-06-11 7:08 AM BrianTri

Recovery Foods

Started by flip18436572
Views: 1240 Posts: 3

2010-01-06 9:02 PM lodewey
RELATED ARTICLES
date : February 7, 2008
author : Nancy Clark
comments : 1
The suggestions guide you towards an eating style that's simple and practical, yet can effectively help you eat well to perform well, despite today’s bewildering food environment.

date : October 2, 2005
author : Ontherun
comments : 3
In part one the focus was the packing phase of a race. Here are a few more ideas to help with a successful race.
date : July 31, 2005
author : Ontherun
comments : 5
As race day apporaches anxiety builds. Don't let packing add to that list of worries. Part 1 is a checklist compiled by many that I have used on race day.

date : January 24, 2005
author : BrianPBN
comments : 0
As every veteran athlete can attest, a non-existent or ill planned ‘race meal plan’ will leave you falling far short of your goals or even worse, in the medical tent.
date : January 24, 2005
author : Nancy Clark
comments : 1
You know what you should eat. Yet you just don’t want to. Yuck—whole wheat bread, bran cereal, oatmeal, skim milk, spinach, fish, fruit for snacks and desserts.