General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Triathlon Shoes Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2015-01-12 10:17 PM

Subject: Triathlon Shoes
Hello,

I had ordered the PI Tri Fly IV Carbon from Amazon and they responded they were out of stock in the size I needed. They offered the Louis Garneau Tri X-Lite or the Shimano TR-60 for a similar price. I have not had access to these brands to try on so I was hoping to find someone that may have experience with either shoe and how it sizes. For Bontrager/Specialized shoes, I fit a size 45 if that helps.

Which would you recommend?

Thanks.

2015-01-13 8:58 AM
in reply to: powellua

User image

Champion
Sarasota, FL
Subject: RE: Triathlon Shoes

I've got a wider foot and like the way my Louis Garneau Tri shoes fit.  Haven't tried the Shimano, so can't comment on them.

Mark 

2015-01-13 12:11 PM

User image

My husband has Louis Garneau shoes and I have Shimano but I can't remember off the top of my head what model. The only thought I have is to probably go with the same size to be safe. Another piece of advice I guess is to look into the Shimano specialty fit policy, if I remember correctly Shimano will re-fit your shoes and the plate/cleat 2 times. I took mine to my LBS and someone was qualified/certified/whatever to do it and made sure everything was adjusted to the proper place on the ball of my foot. Don't know if other brands do this as I am a newb, but thought it was a good service and nice to know!
2015-01-17 7:54 AM

User image

I just picked up a pair of the LG X-Lite tri shoes and haven't had a chance to use them, but am impressed with the design and quality. Check the Amazon reviews as you might want to bump up a size. I normally wear a 45 but it was tight so I went with a 46 and am happy.
2015-01-20 2:43 PM
in reply to: #5082839

Well I tried the LGs in 45 and they were a size too small. Sending them back for the 46s. Seems like a great shoe though.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Triathlon Shoes Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

Lake triathlon shoes or wide shoes in general

Started by nickpoz
Views: 2361 Posts: 11

2013-01-14 6:51 PM nickpoz

Triathlon Shoes....what to look for?

Started by lgabbs
Views: 3620 Posts: 16

2008-05-16 8:39 AM wurkit_gurl

What's a Triathlon Shoe?

Started by TriAya
Views: 882 Posts: 6

2007-06-19 2:27 AM TriAya

louis-garneau-tri-air-triathlon-shoe

Started by TriDDS
Views: 909 Posts: 8

2006-11-05 10:07 PM TH3_FRB

Sidi T-1 Triathlon Shoe

Started by the rookie
Views: 1578 Posts: 12

2006-03-31 8:13 AM tri_again
RELATED ARTICLES
date : December 5, 2013
author : AMSSM
comments : 0
So, since my beloved go-to shoe brand has changed its shoe, after reading the bruhaha about the minimalist shoe, I decided to give it a try. Now I have a foot issue with my arch area.

date : October 25, 2013
author : hoffsquared
comments : 1
These shoes would be good for athletes looking to upgrade from a shoe with a nylon/plastic composite sole to a good carbon composite sole.
date : May 2, 2012
author : alicefoeller
comments : 3
A comprehensive look at a controversial trend-- for triathletes like you

date : November 2, 2011
comments : 4
A doctor's take on how to safely transition to minimalist shoes and how to treat existing injuries
date : March 23, 2011
What could be causing the pain on the top of the foot at the toes? Here are some easy ways to find the cause and possibly end the pain.

date : March 6, 2008
author : scubachic9999
comments : 4
Already a cyclist and not a bad swimmer, I figured all I had to do was build up to running a few miles and I’d be ready to go. The challenge invigorated me, and I ran out to buy new running shoes.
date : February 5, 2008
author : DominiqueL
comments : 1
A product review of the Louis Garneau Tri Air Triathlon Shoe. After nearly two years of testing, see how this shoe performed. Currently being replaced by the Tri Air 2.

date : January 7, 2007
author : Writebrained
Both the Lake Triathlon Shoe CX210TRI and the Lake Road Shoe CX225 offer distinct advantages. I tested both shoes and found them to be extremely comfortable, good looking and durable.