Other Resources My Cup of Joe » GB VS SEA Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, the bear, DerekL, alicefoeller Reply
2015-01-19 8:55 AM

User image

Pro
Tejas
Subject: GB VS SEA
After the first quarter, I just had the game on and was puttering around in the kitchen not paying much attention. I was texting a bit with a friend who is a huge packers fan and we had pretty much written the game off as a W for GB. Luckily, I sat down in front of the tube right as the action started. What a finish.

2015-01-19 2:47 PM
in reply to: mdg2003

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE
Subject: RE: GB VS SEA

Originally posted by mdg2003 After the first quarter, I just had the game on and was puttering around in the kitchen not paying much attention. I was texting a bit with a friend who is a huge packers fan and we had pretty much written the game off as a W for GB. Luckily, I sat down in front of the tube right as the action started. What a finish.

That was a crazy game.  GB could have easily won that game at the end, but pulled it in the garage to coast to victory.  Things like the slide on the interception, lots of simple run plays (to keep the clock running), lazy effort to not go for the ball on the 2 point conversion, and of course the botched onside kick.

When it comes to championship football, I am of the mindset of keeping the pedal down all the way until the game is over.  If it's 70 - 10 I'm still trying to score because it aint over.  

2015-01-20 3:03 PM
in reply to: tuwood

User image

Master
Englewood, Florida

Originally posted by tuwood

Originally posted by mdg2003 After the first quarter, I just had the game on and was puttering around in the kitchen not paying much attention. I was texting a bit with a friend who is a huge packers fan and we had pretty much written the game off as a W for GB. Luckily, I sat down in front of the tube right as the action started. What a finish.

That was a crazy game.  GB could have easily won that game at the end, but pulled it in the garage to coast to victory.  Things like the slide on the interception, lots of simple run plays (to keep the clock running), lazy effort to not go for the ball on the 2 point conversion, and of course the botched onside kick.

When it comes to championship football, I am of the mindset of keeping the pedal down all the way until the game is over.  If it's 70 - 10 I'm still trying to score because it aint over.  

Just ask Green Bay. Or better yet, New England.

2015-01-20 4:11 PM
in reply to: cdban66

User image

Sensei
Sin City

Another example of what seems like "I never win anything" or "everyone else gets luck but me"...

I SWEAR any time MY team needs to recover an onside kick to have a chance to tie or win, it NEVER happens.  Receiving team gets it and game over.

Of course when a team I DON'T like needs it?  Or a team playing my team?  Miracle of all miracles... 

2015-01-22 12:42 PM
in reply to: Kido

User image

Across the river from Memphis, Tennessee
Since I work Sundays, I was listening on the radio. It was interesting listening to the GB broadcast since I'm a Seattle native. I'm generally very aware of what is coming out of my mouth (ie: "4-letter words"), but by halftime the other shop tech had graduated from staring at me in awe to flat out laughing his tail off.

I'll be the first to admit that I'd written the season off before the 4th quarter. Seattle's long been a 2nd half team, even in their "normal" years, but I thought GB had their act together and it was over. I'm actually disappointed that I wasn't able to watch that last quarter, but it sounded insane!
New Thread
Other Resources My Cup of Joe » GB VS SEA Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

8 gb Ipod nano at woot.com $99

Started by Dlaxman31
Views: 1055 Posts: 5

2009-04-09 11:25 AM Whizzzzz

Favre to play again and NOT in GB? Pages: 1 2 3

Started by Force
Views: 2326 Posts: 54

2008-08-10 12:31 PM 1stTimeTri

Improve your swim time in the Dead Sea

Started by Bripod
Views: 484 Posts: 2

2007-08-05 8:36 PM CitySky

the billy idol of sea cucumbers Pages: 1 2

Started by autumn
Views: 1258 Posts: 42

2007-03-19 1:55 PM autumn

The BT coke vs pop vs soda debate Pages: 1 2

Started by vortmax
Views: 2565 Posts: 37

2006-01-17 6:51 AM run4yrlif
RELATED ARTICLES
date : August 11, 2011
author : FitWerx
comments : 1
Dean from Fitwerx answers a BT member question about what kind of bike should be the "next bike."

date : October 14, 2010
comments : 0
A review of the Shimano 105 vesus SRAM Rival Time Trial component group differences.
date : May 24, 2010
author : Tri Swim Coach
Discussion on preventing over-rotation, free golf, strength and core training, the importance of the kick and high turnover vs low turnover.

date : April 26, 2010
author : mrakes1
Discussions on good vs bad sugars, fluid loss replacement, clean eating, the Paleo diet and are gels necessary for olympic races.
date : December 4, 2008
author : Coach AJ
Discussion on IMWI preparation, May A-race preparation, lunges, yoga vs pilates, zones to lose weight and endurance loss over the winter.

date : October 8, 2008
comments : 2
What kind of time difference would one expect in changing from a road bike with aerobars to a tri bike with aerobars over a HIM distance if using the same wheelset?
date : October 9, 2007
author : dr_forbush
comments : 9
The boat was being tossed around. Someone noted that there were whitecaps on the waves. Another guy said, “This is going to be challenging.” I began to wonder what he meant by 'challenging'.

date : May 1, 2006
author : KevinKonczak
Discussions on periodization, tubular vs clinchers, swimming cadence, 650's vs 700's, plan priority, RAAM after double IM and swim training before race day.