2015-01-26 10:04 AM
in reply to: Left Brain

User image

Pro
Bartlett, TN
Subject: RE: American Sniper vs Seth Rogan

Originally posted by Left Brain

Originally posted by trijamie

Originally posted by jmk-brooklyn I happened to read a NY Post column by Andrea Peyser today. The headline was "Leftists take cheap shots at ‘American Sniper’s real-life hero", and the line that stood out to me was, "But Kyle..., was obscenely slimed by actor Seth Rogen..." "Obscenely slimed". Remember, what he said was, "American Sniper kind of reminds me of the movie that's showing in the third act of Inglorious Basterds."

Not to make anyone feel dated, but since I'm still a youngish guy I feel like I should ask if the media always sucked this badly. Is it the growth of the internet that has watered down legit news sources into click bait sensationalism garbage?

I don't think so.  Once they had to fill up whatever space they occupied for 24 hours per day, 7 days a week, it became time to just make $hit up.  That goes for TV, Radio, Internet, whatever.....they are shameless whores who will do or say anything to try to keep a share of an audience.  Truly, your life will be enriched if you turn all of that crap off.

x2

The media wants you to watch them and they will exaggerate the story if it means more people will watch their station. I always take the news with a grain of salt, meaning there is some truth in there, but not 100%. that is the way reporters are.

Even we (regular joes) are like this. (this thread as an example) You can look at Facebook and see which of your friends tries to break the news that someone famous died,  I think we all have done it at sometime. We rush to "break" a story and maybe we find out later it is not really a story at all

New Thread
Other Resources My Cup of Joe » American Sniper vs Seth Rogan Rss Feed  

of 2

RELATED POSTS

iPhone vs Android vs Windows Mobile

Started by jgaither
Views: 1438 Posts: 10

2012-07-09 11:21 AM kevkelsar

Ebay Last Minute Snipers

Started by tri_d00d
Views: 1949 Posts: 25

2010-03-04 11:07 AM knewbike

cars: American Muscle vs. Highly Tuned up Imports Pages: 1 2 3

Started by jcdenton2000
Views: 1939 Posts: 59

2007-06-20 12:21 PM D.Z.

The BT coke vs pop vs soda debate Pages: 1 2

Started by vortmax
Views: 2543 Posts: 37

2006-01-17 6:51 AM run4yrlif

American League Divisional Series

Started by TriMom217
Views: 996 Posts: 19

2004-10-14 10:49 PM Ontherun
RELATED ARTICLES
date : August 11, 2011
author : FitWerx
comments : 1
Dean from Fitwerx answers a BT member question about what kind of bike should be the "next bike."

date : April 12, 2007
author : Nancy Clark
comments : 0
For athletes, the saying “Drink responsibly” holds true for all fluids. Don’t let dehydration—or overhydration—hurt your ability to enjoy exercise and perform at your best.
date : May 1, 2006
author : KevinKonczak
Discussions on periodization, tubular vs clinchers, swimming cadence, 650's vs 700's, plan priority, RAAM after double IM and swim training before race day.

date : April 2, 2006
author : AMSSM
The weather is warming and the season is getting started for many triathletes. Keep these tips in mind to avoid heat cramps, exhaustion and stroke.
date : April 2, 2006
I am a 36 y/o male and this will be my fifth season doing triathlons. I have noticed that whenever I run for any period of time over 40 minutes I get a "pins and needles" feeling in my right foot.

date : December 4, 2005
author : Nancy Clark
At ADA’s annual meeting registered dietitians presented the following information that addresses some of the nutrition questions and concerns of health-conscious exercisers and competitive athletes.
date : February 13, 2005
comments : 2
So how sick is too sick to train? The American Medical Society for Sports Medicine answers just that and many other questions.

date : January 24, 2005
New athlete injury Q&A with the American Medical Society for Sports Medicine.