General Discussion Triathlon Talk » New Nutritional Supplement Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2015-01-22 3:01 PM

User image

Subject: New Nutritional Supplement
I was having some intestinal tract upset issues when I upped my distances over 2 1/2 -3 hours. I was using a combination of Gatorade, and Gu gels. By the time I got off the bike, I was getting some cramping and had to go to straight water for the run. So I thought I'd try some new products out and see what's what. My wife was also bonking at longer distances on her marathon training, so we were both looking for something different. What we found was "Tailwind" Nutrition. After using it for a month, in runs from 3 to 8 miles, and bikes from 20 to 40 miles, (and 1,000m swims for that matter) I have found something that I think is gonna really work well. My wife has had similar experiences in runs from 3 to 8 miles.

There is a noticeable difference in energy level after you saturate with it, say 10 ozs before work out, and 16-20 ozs per hour. I have gone through 3 "hour" bottles with it so far without any ill-effects. As I up my distances I will continue to use it and report back. But so far, so good.

I was a little concerned, as my nutrition last year for a 70.3 IM was a little sketchy, with stomach upset limiting me to water on the run. With a 140.6 IM coming up next year, this isn't something I can just "gut out" anymore.

So if you have had some upset issues, maybe this will work for you as well. And even if not, it gives you pretty good energy. We are using the caffeinated raspberry flavor. It's supposed to be an "all in one" supplement, meaning you don't need any additional gels, electrolyte tabs, etc. And so far, it's done the job. Granted it's winter and temps have ranged from 30-40 deg F but confidence is high that it will work in hotter climes as well.

disclaimer: I don't work for or know these guys and didn't get paid anything to say this. I've bought 4 bags of this stuff so far at full retail.

Edited by NewDiz 2015-01-22 3:03 PM
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » New Nutritional Supplement Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

High energy supplement--EXCELLENT!!

Started by sharonnagy5
Views: 647 Posts: 3

2005-04-08 8:34 AM sharonnagy5

New bike with New wheels!

Started by Special K
Views: 1764 Posts: 22

2005-02-03 9:32 AM Special K

no2 supplements

Started by flashchris
Views: 708 Posts: 2

2004-11-11 9:46 PM Bonyx26

What supplements do you take?

Started by armyrn
Views: 1415 Posts: 16

2004-10-29 7:51 AM jimtri

Gels/supplements online?

Started by aliengin
Views: 1057 Posts: 4

2004-10-25 6:33 AM the bear
RELATED ARTICLES
date : January 1, 2011
author : alicefoeller
comments : 0
Here are five steps to ensure that you keep your promise to yourself to get you to that first triathlon.

date : February 22, 2010
author : mrakes1
"What are the current ideas on supplements for the triathlete?" This article will give you some real food options for many of the important nutrients.
date : July 9, 2009
author : Nancy Clark
Time and again, athletes repeatedly ask questions about sugar, protein, supplements, caffeine, carbs, recovery, and body fat. These answers will help you resolve confusing nutrition issues.

date : April 20, 2009
comments : 2
I eat very healthy - all natural, whole grain everything. Should I be taking extra supplements or vitamins or extra care for training for a triathlon, even the sprint distance?
date : March 5, 2009
Discussions on an eating plan to lose weight, lean protein sources, being hungry, recovery foods, eggs and Marni's favorite supplements.

date : September 12, 2007
author : Nancy Clark
This article on protein supplements answers your questions as to the relevance of protein shakes, refueling after workouts and designer protein versus natural sources.
date : July 9, 2007
author : AMSSM
The consensus is that caffeine does enhance performance and decreases perceived exertion in endurance exercise. There are no significant performance benefits in short, high-intensity exercise.

date : May 1, 2006
Far too many people are looking for quick body composition fixes, easy exercise programs and anything to keep their eating habits (and waistlines) under control.