Other Resources My Cup of Joe » Biggest Loser Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, the bear, DerekL, alicefoeller Reply
2015-01-22 8:17 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Tallahassee, Florida
Subject: Biggest Loser
I think I’m the only Bt’er watching Biggest Loser this season. But I’m going to say – Go Sonya!!!!!! Fell in love with her week 2 and I hope she goes all the way. Also like Toma but still, Sonya rocks. For at-home winner, rooting for Woody. Maybe Scott. Anybody else watching?

2015-01-23 7:28 AM
in reply to: Pink Socks

User image

Subject: RE: Biggest Loser

Hi sweet Pam!   I thought I was the only one watching this season.     You and I are alike in rooting for Sonya.  She's been killing it in all weigh-ins and I really admire her positive attitude and determination.   Toma would be my second choice too and Rob a distant 3rd.  Toma's personality didn't come out in the show much.  He was kind of like milk-toast but he's worked really hard and done well.  With Rob I'm more concerned that he can get his life straightened out more than dropping more pounds.  Sure seems to have so much baggage and not much positivity in his life to hold on to.   I kind of like Jordan for the home win.   He looked so fantastic on the "where are they now".  I've liked Scott and Damien from the beginning as they seemed like a genuinely great guys who people look up to.   

I really like the new trainer Jen this season.  It seems she really connected with her team on a deep level.  Jessie's team sure got eliminated fast and it seems the blame would be on him for that but he also seems like a nice guy who cares about the contestants.  Of course they're required to look that way in the show but it came across as pretty real to me.  Dolvett is just so gorgeous to look at that I have no complaints about him.   

This is the first season that my daughter watched with me so that made it enjoyable too.   Looking forward to next weeks finale!

2015-01-23 8:22 AM
in reply to: bswcpa

User image

Expert
Muncie, IN
I missed the 15th but watched that episode and last night's episode last night. I like Woody, but I like Scott a little more. Sonja has been VERY consistent and never had a melt down. Rob is all about emotional eating....issues. I just continue to be amazed EVERY SEASON at the "before" and "after" pictures. I also like Lori.
2015-01-23 9:46 AM
in reply to: Afletcher

Master
Memphis, TN
I'm a big fan of the QB Scott. He was the most positive guy ever on this show.

I hope he wins the at home prize and goes on to inspire people.
2015-01-26 9:08 AM
in reply to: Jtiger

New user
Key West
I'll admit it is one of the few reality shows I watch consistently. I too like Sonya and Toma. I have no earthly idea how Rob has made it this far, he is still full of excuses and really hasn't lost that high of a percentage of his weight, although it does appear that he is starting to "get it." Of all of the final 10 contestants I hate to say it but I think he is most likely to put all the weight back on. I love Scott, what a good soul. Hope he wins the at home prize.
2015-01-26 10:56 AM
in reply to: topolina

User image

Pennsylvania

Yep, I'm watching, too.  Sonya, Lori and Scott are my favorites this year, not digging Rob, wasn't digging Blake.  That said, as someone else posted, Rob seems to have the most baggage that didn't seem to get resolved.  He's the one I worry about the most once the show is finished.

2015-01-26 11:43 AM
in reply to: melbo55

User image

Expert
Muncie, IN
I had forgotten about Blake. No, she does not "get it". She will, maybe already has, put everything back on. Issues....
2015-01-28 10:32 AM
in reply to: Afletcher

User image

Extreme Veteran
I watch every year and have the same thoughts as most, I really like Sonya and Toma, think Rob is going to self destruct within one year after the weigh in, he's just a big cry baby, and I think the real world is going to kick his butt unless Biggest Loser gives him a job and keeps after him.

Now, no one has said it, but I have noticed that Toma and Sonya have gotten closer and closer throughout, and almost every shot last week had both in frame. They will be hooking up!!

By the way, off topic somewhat, but please tell me that I'm not the only guy that thinks Jen is just smoking hot beyond all belief.
2015-01-28 6:24 PM
in reply to: Hunting Triathlete

User image

Extreme Veteran
Tallahassee, Florida
Originally posted by Hunting Triathlete

I watch every year and have the same thoughts as most, I really like Sonya and Toma, think Rob is going to self destruct within one year after the weigh in, he's just a big cry baby, and I think the real world is going to kick his butt unless Biggest Loser gives him a job and keeps after him.

Now, no one has said it, but I have noticed that Toma and Sonya have gotten closer and closer throughout, and almost every shot last week had both in frame. They will be hooking up!!

By the way, off topic somewhat, but please tell me that I'm not the only guy that thinks Jen is just smoking hot beyond all belief.

Ok, I'm a totally hetereo, married woman but I agree that Jen is really smoking hot. She is beautiful on the outside but she comes across as being even more beautiful on the inside. I agree with Brenda and think she is a great trainer. Hope BL keeps her next year and doesn't bring Jillian back.

Whoa, I hope you are right about Toma and Sonya!!!!!! I've always thought it's funny that BL has more marriages than some of those other shows (like The Bachelor).
2015-01-29 7:37 PM
in reply to: Pink Socks

User image

Extreme Veteran
Tallahassee, Florida
Oh my, I forgot about Mike! I'm pulling for him for At-Home.
2015-01-30 7:30 AM
in reply to: 0

Master
Memphis, TN
Very happy the way it turned out. Toma was the quiet one but did his work at the ranch and really got it done at home. Everybody that stayed at the ranch for any length of time looked great.

I always feel bad for those that go home early and come back without that WOW transformation when some many of the other do. Hopefully they reach their goals even if it take a little longer.

Jordan did a great job at home as well, I almost didn't recognize him

I really like Jen as a trainer. Not only is she smokin' hot but she is actually working out with the contestants. Something Jillian never did and it's no drama with her like Jillian yelling then pretending to be their friend.

Hopefully Jillian stays gone and they keep Jen.

Edited by Jtiger 2015-01-30 7:32 AM

2015-01-30 8:04 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Tallahassee, Florida
Originally posted by Jtiger

Very happy the way it turned out. Toma was the quiet one but did his work at the ranch and really got it done at home. Everybody that stayed at the ranch for any length of time looked great.

I always feel bad for those that go home early and come back without that WOW transformation when some many of the other do. Hopefully they reach their goals even if it take a little longer.

I really like Jen as a trainer. Not only is she smokin' hot but she is actually working out with the contestants. Something Jillian never did and it's no drama with her like Jillian yelling then pretending to be their friend.

Agree with you on everything. While I did want Mike to win at-home, Jordan really nailed it. Admire that he did that amount of work with a small baby at home. Most of the contestants look totally amazing and I hope the lifestyle change really sticks for them.

And yes, next season if they don't bring Jen back, I will stop watching. She is everything they should have for a trainer. Before the show last night, was reading one of my Women's Running mag. Surprised to find an article with Jen, some of her recipes, and her tips. I thought everything she said was very nutritionally sound.
2015-01-30 10:06 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Originally posted by Jtiger

I'm sorry but those that really don't transform that much 18-25%, just aggravate me no matter when they leave. I just can't help but think that they took a spot from a person that would have used the opportunity better. I mean when you look at Zena, I think about her having money, and trainers and every opportunity to succeed and that's what she puts out, Come on.
2015-02-02 9:39 AM
in reply to: Hunting Triathlete

User image

Champion
Evergreen, Colorado

I like Sonja.  It's a shame to lose by a single pound!  But I think she changed mentally too and will be really great moving forward with her life.

The spanx could not hide that she needs skin removal surgery though...I hope she gets it!

She was still pulling big numbers even after she was little...that makes me wonder how some people lose weight vs. others.  For most people it gets harder as you get smaller.  I wonder sometimes why others seem to be able to keep dropping big numbers fast....

New Thread
Other Resources My Cup of Joe » Biggest Loser Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

Biggest Loser contestant speaks out

Started by elektra
Views: 871 Posts: 13

2007-03-07 2:23 AM sf_biggestloser

The "REAL" Biggest Loser

Started by cerveloP3
Views: 878 Posts: 15

2006-09-28 10:21 PM spokes

Anyone else watching "The Biggest Loser"

Started by CalgaryRunner
Views: 682 Posts: 20

2006-09-28 3:26 PM jldicarlo

The Biggest Loser!!! Pages: 1 2

Started by courtney_leone
Views: 1141 Posts: 27

2005-12-05 10:17 AM swbkrun

The biggest loser

Started by infosteward
Views: 1029 Posts: 20

2004-10-28 12:49 PM jkbostic
RELATED ARTICLES
date : July 2, 2013
author : mikericci
comments : 0
Although a computrainer can be a great asset to any athlete, it’s not the only way to improve your pedal stroke. I’ll list a number of pedaling drills below and how you can incorporate them.

date : January 25, 2013
author : mikericci
Is there any point in time of a training plan where a "big week" would be most optimal? This article discusses sports rotation and other high volume week options to improve.
date : June 27, 2011
author : pyroman1_1
comments : 3
Lake Havasu Tri 3/19/2011

date : May 26, 2011
author : gdsemiller
comments : 14
Towards the end of December 2010 both my daughter and son came up to me and said “Daddy we want you to get healthy and not die."
date : March 4, 2009
author : Nancy Clark
comments : 20
Many people have been asking my opinion of this popular show, so I feel obliged to scream out: It's terrible! It’s horrible! It's abusive! I also feel like throwing my shoe at the TV.

date : January 3, 2007
author : KevinKonczak
All-around body strengthening and conditioning, in short, will make the athlete stronger from head to toe to push bigger gears and to apply more power in your swim stroke.
date : April 2, 2006
author : KevinKonczak
Discussions on muscular endurance training, transitioning between distances, big hill training and bricks.

date : January 1, 2006
author : browncd
comments : 1
Trials on getting a bike that fits while also being reliable