General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Legend Endurance Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2015-01-23 9:28 AM

User image

Subject: Legend Endurance
So, from someone outside the KC area what is the word on this Legend Endurance, it's great that they are putting on those 3 70.3 races, but seems VERY ambitious.

Can they pull it off? Do they know what they are doing? Again, not hating, but it's just crazy!

2015-01-23 9:40 AM
in reply to: kuatb

User image

Veteran
Shawnee
Subject: RE: Legend Endurance
It's Silverback. I know at some point they said it was different, but it's obviously the same group (and the domain name owner is Silverback). Since they aren't doing KS 70.3 and 5150 seems to be dead, I'm thinking they've got some resources. Ad Astra also seems to have replaced the Silverback tri (which has basically been free entry the past two years). I don't know the dollars and cents of triathlon, but it seems like a pretty active step to create a new brand in the space. I've been pretty critical of SB over the past few years, but I'm eager to see how it goes and hope they do well. If these are just rebadged efforts akin to what we saw last year with Tinman, 5150 and SB tri...I think they will be lightly attended and disappointed. I would think/hope that the new branding indicates more focus and effort is being put into it. I don't think you roll out 5 new races without some intent to be successful. One thing for sure is that the options for triathlon in the KC area appear to be at a high, so some of these races/organizers are going to be hurting when it's all said and done.
2015-01-23 9:44 AM
in reply to: dprocket

User image

Thanks for the feedback, you are right, this is a bold step in getting into the market, and it's not like they are doing sprints...I mean 70.3 and 100 tris are, logistically a big deal! If that first one goes bad, you would just die on the vine.

I think Silverback pretty much knows what they are doing, never done one of their races....
2015-01-23 10:14 AM
in reply to: kuatb

User image

Extreme Veteran
Shawnee, KS
Silverback put on the KS 70.3, may it RIP.
2015-01-23 10:43 AM
in reply to: joncolby

User image

Veteran
Shawnee
Legend is evidently trying to break the record repeatedly for largest medals int he world. They are offering the biggest medal ever in June at Lawrence, then Topeka and then again at Lawrence.
2015-01-23 1:45 PM
in reply to: dprocket

User image

Veteran
Prairie Village, Kansas
so I should just go for the third, right?

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Legend Endurance Rss Feed  
RELATED ARTICLES
date : July 9, 2007
author : AMSSM
comments : 0
The consensus is that caffeine does enhance performance and decreases perceived exertion in endurance exercise. There are no significant performance benefits in short, high-intensity exercise.

date : October 30, 2005
author : Rich Strauss
comments : 1
By focusing on your limiters during the off-season you can accrue your highest rate of return for training time invested and set yourself up well for next season.
date : July 17, 2005
comments : 1
If a training program increases in intensity too quickly, or does not include enough time for recovery, injury can result.

date : May 30, 2005
author : infosteward
comments : 5
All you have to do is say you’re a triathlete and you intimidate the whole world. No matter how much you bench press or what you lift or how many squats you can do.
date : May 30, 2005
comments : 2
A general stretching program should be an essential component of every endurance athlete’s warm-up prior to training or competition.

date : May 16, 2005
author : Glenn
The real secret to improvement in running and bike times is variety within the routine. Endurance activity requires you to vary your training for maximum results.
date : February 28, 2005
It is difficult to replace water losses during exercise. The following principles will help prevent dehydration during endurance training and racing.

date : September 4, 2004
author : priscilla
Good swimming is relaxed swimming. Relaxed swimming depends on practicing the best techniques and the best body position.