General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Keeping Fitness While Injured Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2015-01-24 4:09 PM

User image

, North Carolina
Subject: Keeping Fitness While Injured
I feel like I am always injuring myself. My most recent bout is with a partially torn adductor.
At this point, it is still pretty painful to run, and hurts during the pull up portion of the pedal stroke. It is also a little painful while swim kicking. So, I have been swimming with just the pull stroke and no kick.
Any helpful suggestions on other activities to keep fitness while trying to nurse the injury?

2015-01-24 4:30 PM
in reply to: Wthore

User image

Subject: RE: Keeping Fitness While Injured
If it only hurts during the pull up part of the pedal stroke, can you change to flat pedals while it is healing? You can buy a cheap pair of flat pedals and change them out easily (I use them for winter commuting because I hate stopping and starting in traffic with my other pedals).

Someone may suggest water running, but I've never found that to be at all helpful in keeping run fitness. Just do whatever swimming and cycling you can. It sounds like this is not a chronic thing and will heal with some time. You also might want to try ART therapy to release it.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Keeping Fitness While Injured Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

Minimum amount to keep fitness in the off season

Started by b2run
Views: 1474 Posts: 8

2013-10-21 12:19 PM Jtiger

How to keep my Running fitness while Tri training

Started by breger1
Views: 295 Posts: 1

2012-02-01 9:30 AM breger1

Injured: How Do I Reduce Fitness Loss And Not Turn Into A Complete Blob

Started by Tundra_Man
Views: 1625 Posts: 17

2010-06-26 6:43 AM monkeyboy64

Keeping 70.3 fitness after race....

Started by schott2
Views: 1467 Posts: 18

2009-10-05 9:49 AM breckview

LA Fitness, Anytime Fitness, Bally's, Snap Fitness? Pages: 1 2

Started by vonschnapps
Views: 12508 Posts: 31

2015-02-17 8:18 PM Miles around Midtown
RELATED ARTICLES
date : February 4, 2011
author : AMSSM
comments : 1
Improving running speed doesn't need to be a lost cause just becuase of a history of knee injuries.

date : May 19, 2010
author : Team BT
comments : 1
Use this redesigned feature of your training logs to keep track of your time and mileage on all of your gear including shoes, bikes, tires, clothes, etc.
date : August 12, 2008
author : AMSSM
comments : 0
I've read different protocols on stretching versus not stretching. Any advice? I don't want to injure myself more, and I want it to heal ASAP!

date : February 7, 2008
author : Tri Swim Coach
comments : 4
Is it good to listen to music while lap swimming? Are there any devices to help you keep track of your laps?
date : September 4, 2006
author : Tri Swim Coach
Discussions on leg dragging, swimming with fins, body rotation, keeping the elbow up, kicking benefits and stroke length.

date : June 6, 2006
author : Ingrid Loos
comments : 4
A bad race left me smoldering, but time and a gentle breeze ignited my passion to race again.
date : September 1, 2004
author : owie
Mental toughness is skill. You need to learn how to suffer. You practice perseverance everyday when you are out training in the bad weather, when you ride or run further than you have ever gone.

date : September 1, 2004
author : owie
My dog is an intelligent runner. She does a big stretch before she does anything. She starts out slowly and gradually builds up speed until we are running very fast.