Moderators: k9car363, the bear, DerekL, alicefoeller Reply

of 2

2015-05-27 11:12 AM
in reply to: 0

User image

Pro
Subject: RE: Book Recommendations?

Read anything good on the cruise?

Getting ready to stock up my Kindle for 2.5 weeks of Army Training. As the only female officer going, I'll be a bit secluded in the evenings.

ETA: Just finished reading Surviving the Extremes by Kenneth Kamler. Mostly interesting, skimmed a few parts, but other parts had me totally engrossed.

Also finished a few audiobooks:

Zodiac by Robert Graysmith - tells the story of the Zodiac killer in a very factual, chronological manner. Interesting and not scary while running solo

Working Stiff by Judy Melinek - a forensic pathologist / medical examiner in NYC

Edited by ratherbeswimming 2015-05-27 11:18 AM

2015-05-27 11:28 AM
in reply to: ratherbeswimming

User image

On the fantasy adventure side of things, I recommend the Forgotten Realms series, written by R.A. Salvatore. It's a 30+ book series and is very well written, in my open. Only one book in the series failed to hold my attention, mainly because it focused on a character I didn't like.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/R._A._Salvatore#Forgotten_Realms

I've read through it once back in HS, once about 6 years ago, and am currently going through it again now that there have been some new releases.
2015-05-27 11:36 AM
in reply to: robertChiefsFan

User image

Deep in the Heart of Texas

If you haven't read Ender's Game, its worth a read.  I read somewhere that due to the protagonist's ability to think outside of the box when planning and executing strategy, the book was required reading for some military officers. 

New Thread
Other Resources My Cup of Joe » Book Recommendations? Rss Feed  

of 2

RELATED POSTS

Book Recommendation time...

Started by ChrisM
Views: 1557 Posts: 22

2010-12-18 12:12 PM Ridgelake

Need a quick book recommendation Pages: 1 2

Started by the bear
Views: 2114 Posts: 43

2009-05-02 1:37 AM Chaderbox

Book recommendation: Strides, running through history with an unlikely athlete

Started by BigDH
Views: 596 Posts: 1

2008-11-10 10:31 AM BigDH

Good (paperback) book recommendations? Pages: 1 2

Started by kanders
Views: 1914 Posts: 41

2008-04-04 1:56 PM kanders

Book Recommendation

Started by running2far
Views: 848 Posts: 6

2006-03-12 2:42 PM BellinghamSpence
RELATED ARTICLES
date : December 19, 2013
author : AMSSM
comments : 1
Don't power through your off season! Rest and take it easy. Our doctors tell you why rest is important, how long to rest, and what training and exercises you should be doing.

date : November 29, 2011
author : vagus
comments : 3
A retrospective of how I lost 140 pounds and started a love affair with triathlon.
date : October 31, 2011
author : Nancy Clark
comments : 0
Resources you can trust to improve your endurance sport diet

date : April 22, 2009
Find out which sports nutrition practices effectively enhance performance. What and when you eat powerfully impacts how well you can perform.
date : December 11, 2007
comments : 1
Searching for the perfect gift for a friend, relative, or teammate? Here's a list of winning book suggestions for active people.

date : October 3, 2007
author : Ontherun
An inspirational biography about one of endurance sports early pioneers, David McGillivary, race director for the Boston Marathon.
date : April 2, 2006
author : TriDoc5280
comments : 2
This article will cover the basics on the nutritional needs of athletes and will include some standard recommendations from neutral bodies.

date : January 29, 2006
To help implement your resolutions (or those of your friends and family members), I recommend the following books, most of which are written by nutrition experts: registered dietitians (RD).