General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Bike Short Issues Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2015-02-04 5:51 PM

User image

Expert
Next to a big lake
Subject: Bike Short Issues
I am having a problem with the front the pad on my bike shorts that is causing irritation on sensitive parts as a result of the seam connecting the pad to the front panels of the shorts. I have tried to "butter" up but after a 2+ hr ride I still get irritation/light abrasion that takes a couple days to heal. This is not a saddle sore issue.

I have tri shorts that don't give me issues but I have not worn them on a 2+ hr ride but will very soon tto see if the problem is with me not the gear.

I don't want to bash the company as they make good products. Is there a way to patch over the area to increase comfort? Do I need to put extra butter on both sides of the contact area?

Thanks for your assistance

Edited by tcarlson78 2015-02-04 6:01 PM
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Bike Short Issues Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

sciatic issues and biking

Started by Artist
Views: 1007 Posts: 3

2012-02-12 2:30 AM triathlonandy

IT band issues from biking

Started by natebs
Views: 2000 Posts: 5

2010-07-26 11:37 AM ZealousVitality

Biking Leg issue: Numbness in feet after 80 miles

Started by gparris
Views: 1125 Posts: 4

2008-09-21 3:25 PM ColdRingo6

Ankle issues (and occasional knee issues)

Started by Homer J
Views: 962 Posts: 5

2006-07-07 9:37 PM parrj

Bike: Carpal Tunnel and lower back issues??

Started by KathyG
Views: 1265 Posts: 6

2004-11-11 11:59 PM KathyG
RELATED ARTICLES
date : June 29, 2011
author : alicefoeller
comments : 4
Second in a series of three articles about the basics, the niceties and the luxuries

date : December 10, 2009
author : stubberoo
comments : 0
The first time out and 50 meters in my oxygen was in very short supply. I realized that all that running didn't do much for this sport.
date : November 12, 2008
author : AMSSM
On the long bike rides of 80+ miles I get very strong pain in my toes. I slow down my pace and I might recover, but when I hit the next hill it is back. Could this be some kind of circulation issue?

date : October 20, 2008
author : Nancy Clark
People who range from casual exercisers to competitive athletes are eating at the wrong times, choosing the wrong balance of carbohydrates, protein, and fat, and drinking too little fluids.
date : October 2, 2008
author : Coach AJ
Discussions on Total Immersion swimming, strength training, road bike or triathlon bike, stationary biking for Ironman training, heat and GI issues and doing a HIM before a first IM.

date : August 20, 2008
author : newhomeowner
comments : 16
If you’re reading this because you’re still not sure, sign up for just one triathlon – a short sprint.
date : June 16, 2008
What are all these new funny-shaped saddles all about? Are they more comfortable than older designs? Will they keep me healthier so I can train on my bike longer? Should I change my saddle?

date : January 16, 2007
I suspect your nutrition and training program may have more to do with your symptoms than your Clydesdale classification.