Other Resources The Political Joe » Brian Williams Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

of 2

2015-02-12 12:51 PM
in reply to: jmk-brooklyn

User image

Subject: RE: Brian Williams
I think it's the convenient memory loss of those that are vilifying Brian Williams the most. The right.

What about Chris Kyle? A very recent story about his exploits in which he was found to have lied about very serious things on multiple occasions.

The Breitbart site covered Chris Kyle extensively, and said NOTHING about the lies he was caught telling on multiple occasions. BUT......when Brian Williams tells one lie (at that time it was only one issue in question) they write no less than 5 articles on that specific subject about Brian Williams.

So........

(biggest liar.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
biggest liar.jpg (318KB - 11 downloads)

2015-02-12 12:56 PM

User image

I've posted this previously....but here is my issue. Brian Williams one lie, Chris Kyle MANY.....and both stories covered by the right wing media but only the Brian Williams story gets traction. Amazing.

Apparently, if Clint Eastwood makes a movie about you, you get a free pass.

Disgusting actually.

(shitbag.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
shitbag.jpg (318KB - 13 downloads)
2015-02-12 1:55 PM
in reply to: HockeyPuck

User image

Pro

I don't care what Chris Kyle says.  I care what news reporters say......they are in a position to influence too many people.  Chris Kyle will just kill you.

2015-02-12 2:01 PM

User image

Champion
Chicago, Illinois
my question about Chris Kyle is did the lies come out as lies before or after he died? I sure a lot of people are not harping on it anymore because he is no longer telling them.

I do agree with LB though. when someone's only job is to give you the facts and they clearly lied then how can you trust them?
2015-02-12 2:44 PM
in reply to: chirunner134

User image

Pro
Bartlett, TN

If Chris Kyle was the host of the nightly news, then we are talking a different story.

I have not heard one story about Kyle lying anywhere, so this is news to me. wait...did the news of Kyle lying come from a Brian Williams news story???

2015-02-12 2:52 PM
in reply to: Puppetmaster

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE

Originally posted by Puppetmaster I find it hard to believe anyone could get the facts foggy. In 1985 we dropped a hot bird (SAM1) on the deck when unloading and cracked the nose open. that has been 30 years and I can recall every detail on that. Exactly where I was, what I was doing, all people involved...everything. Now how can anyone be confused about being shot at with a RPG

I'm a former Navy FC and the site of that picture makes me cringe...

I almost shot a white bird by mistake because we were running tests in CIC on the mid shift while in the gulf.  The GM on watch did a turnover at the forward launcher and forgot to mention we were doing tests.  We were going through our tests and the GM got a load request and tried calling us in CIC but nobody answered.  He freaked out and assumed we were too busy dealing with the threat and put a white bird up.  The forward lookout radio'd down to the bridge asking why there was a white bird on the rail and all hell broke lose.  Looking back it's kind of funny, but omg was that not a fun few days and I remember every second of it as well.
We also had an inbound iranian heli that wouldn't divert that I almost had to shoot down.  That was a real situation and I remember every bit of it.  I even remember the doppler sound on the radar system of the helo diverting about 5 seconds before I pulled the pickle.

2015-02-12 3:19 PM
in reply to: tuwood

User image

Master
Denver

Interesting article on false memories.  The one thing that makes me think that he was lying about it (or at least started out lying about it, maybe just to puff himself up, but still a lie.  Like George Costanza said 'it's not a lie if you believe it') was that he was telling the story that he got shot at just a couple days after it happened, while the 'memory' would've been still fresh.  Plus like this article says, if you're holding yourself out as a trusted source of information, you have a super-duper special responsibility so ensure that the stories you're telling are true - if if it's something you experienced yourself and you're 'sure' of it.  

I couldn't care less about Brian Williams, but I think the real damage is that there are a lot of other reporters doing really good work, and his loss of credibility damages them too.  A strong, trusted press corps is a requirement for a functioning democracy.  We already have whole channels such as Fox News and MSNBC devoted to misinformation and propaganda, if we lose all trust in journalism we're in trouble.

2015-02-12 3:44 PM

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE

Chris Kyle is somebody who wrote a book and is now dead.  I don't care if he made everything up, including being a seal because it doesn't effect me or anyone else.

Brian Williams on the other hand is a very powerful guy who influences public opinion through his job.  When he's shown to stretch the truth, it has to make us wonder if we're getting truthful information overall.
That being said, I absolutely hate the "demand that he gets fired" pitchfork mentality that so many people have today.  Brian has spent his entire career working in the news and there's no reason to have him lose his career for something like this.  Reprimand, for sure but career destruction no.

2015-02-12 5:56 PM
in reply to: Left Brain

User image

Brooklyn, New York
Originally posted by Left Brain

I don't care what Chris Kyle says.  I care what news reporters say......they are in a position to influence too many people.  Chris Kyle will just kill you.

Right there. Thx LB, and anyone who tunes into the news to be informed on reality (i.e. truthful news stories) - and is told a lie, or a "story" or "version" of a particular truth is in fact hurt in some way or another because they are now misinformed and therefore developing their own opinions or understanding based on lie(s)
2015-02-13 10:45 AM

User image

Champion
Brooklyn, NY
Originally posted by tuwood

Originally posted by Puppetmaster I find it hard to believe anyone could get the facts foggy. In 1985 we dropped a hot bird (SAM1) on the deck when unloading and cracked the nose open. that has been 30 years and I can recall every detail on that. Exactly where I was, what I was doing, all people involved...everything. Now how can anyone be confused about being shot at with a RPG

I almost shot a white bird by mistake because we were running tests in CIC on the mid shift while in the gulf.  The GM on watch did a turnover at the forward launcher and forgot to mention we were doing tests.  We were going through our tests and the GM got a load request and tried calling us in CIC but nobody answered.  He freaked out and assumed we were too busy dealing with the threat and put a white bird up.  The forward lookout radio'd down to the bridge asking why there was a white bird on the rail and all hell broke lose.  Looking back it's kind of funny, but omg was that not a fun few days and I remember every second of it as well.
We also had an inbound iranian heli that wouldn't divert that I almost had to shoot down.  That was a real situation and I remember every bit of it.  I even remember the doppler sound on the radar system of the helo diverting about 5 seconds before I pulled the pickle.

I literally didn't understand a single word in that entire post, so it must be a true story.
2015-02-13 11:44 AM

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE

Originally posted by jmk-brooklyn

I literally didn't understand a single word in that entire post, so it must be a true story.

haha, it happened right after I ran a 4 minute mile too.  Oh, and I caught a great white shark with my bare hands to relax afterwards.

2015-02-13 11:51 AM
in reply to: 0

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE

btw, #brianwilliamsmisremembers on twitter has been a hoot since this all started:

https://twitter.com/search?q=%23BrianWilliamsMisremembers&src=tyah&mode=photos

Edited by tuwood 2015-02-13 11:51 AM
2015-02-13 11:58 AM

User image

Pro

haha, it happened right after I ran a 4 minute mile too.  Oh, and I caught a great white shark with my bare hands to relax afterwards.

I remember that.

2015-02-16 2:25 AM
in reply to: chirunner134

User image

Originally posted by chirunner134

my question about Chris Kyle is did the lies come out as lies before or after he died? I sure a lot of people are not harping on it anymore because he is no longer telling them.

I do agree with LB though. when someone's only job is to give you the facts and they clearly lied then how can you trust them?

They came out before, and after. He did interviews and told them in his book and the entire right leaning audience, completely ignored them.

2015-02-16 2:48 AM
in reply to: jford2309

User image

Originally posted by jford2309

If Chris Kyle was the host of the nightly news, then we are talking a different story.

I have not heard one story about Kyle lying anywhere, so this is news to me. wait...did the news of Kyle lying come from a Brian Williams news story???

This should help.

http://www.mensjournal.com/adventure/collection/the-controversial-t...

http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_politics/jurisprudence/2015/...

http://www.slate.com/blogs/browbeat/2015/01/23/american_sniper_fact...

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2014/07/30/the-co...

There are about 20 more articles from various types of news sources. All ignored by the mainstream media for the most part. His lies didn't fit their patriotic fairy tale well enough I suppose.
2015-02-16 7:53 AM
in reply to: 0

New user
Key West
What I find so disingenuous and off putting about this whole reaction to Bryan Williams is that he is the norm, and not the exception, in journalism, at least on the national mainstream level. Most of his peers have skewed the truth and made statements about the news, and/or their experiences, that are not 100% factual. So, why is he being singled out like he is the Lone Ranger?

Like LB, I have been in the middle of what became a national news story and the coverage was so far from accurate, even after the "journalist" was given access to the facts, that it was a real eye opener to me. Since that time, about 22 years ago, I never take a news story as completely objective or accurate. It is unfortunate, but true. So, Bryan Williams will very likely never return to his job, his peers will continue to skew the news and the truth with impunity.

Edited by topolina 2015-02-16 7:54 AM

2015-03-14 12:47 PM

User image

Elite

Tony, I'm just glad after all that "pulling of the pickle" you had to do back then, you didn't go blind!

• ..but seriously, even a lefty like myself says williams should not be back as a newsman. Then again, he could easily qualify as a talking head like Hannity, OReilly or Limbaugh...spewing lies/stretching truths is fun when it's viewed as "commentary" as opposed to "news."
  • 2015-03-14 1:08 PM
    in reply to: ChineseDemocracy

User image

Pro
    Omaha, NE

Originally posted by ChineseDemocracy

Tony, I'm just glad after all that "pulling of the pickle" you had to do back then, you didn't go blind! ...but seriously, even a lefty like myself says williams should not be back as a newsman. Then again, he could easily qualify as a talking head like Hannity, OReilly or Limbaugh...spewing lies/stretching truths is fun when it's viewed as "commentary" as opposed to "news."

Maybe that's why i need to get glasses... hehe

New Thread
    Other Resources The Political Joe » Brian Williams Rss Feed  

of 2

RELATED ARTICLES
    date : July 31, 2005
    comments : 5
    Your self-image serves as the operating instructions of your subconscious computer. If you don’t change the operating system, you will be doomed to repeat your past mistakes.

date : January 24, 2005
    author : BrianPBN
    comments : 0
    As every veteran athlete can attest, a non-existent or ill planned ‘race meal plan’ will leave you falling far short of your goals or even worse, in the medical tent.
    date : December 14, 2004
    author : Team BT
    comments : 0
    Q&A with Siri Lagley, winner of the ITU President’s Cup racing series two years in a row and coach of Susan Williams, US Athens triathlete.