General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » Hello from Grass Valley (Gold Country), California ! Rss Feed  
Moderators: IndoIronYanti, k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2015-02-05 9:02 PM

User image

Grass Valley, California
Subject: Hello from Grass Valley (Gold Country), California !
Hi everybody!
Just to introduce myself... I am Chris. I do triathlons since last year May and I am still consider myself a beginner. Just heard at the last club meeting from this website and totally thrilled I set up an account . Living in Grass Valley (next to Nevada City) is just great. Here in the foothills of the Sierra Mounain Range we have a lot of good training opportunities. Sorry for my bad english... I am from Germany, .
So this is about to introduce me to the community... here I am, hello again!!!!
My name is Chris, and as I said I am from Germany - Berlin. My wife Katherine started the whole triathlon thing about a year an a half ago. She was looking for a runners group and ended up in this club - Gold Country Triathlun Club .... short GCTC ( http://www.goldcountrytriclub.com). She convinced me to do a litle run - was not hard to register for the local Beer Run in Nevada City... and just a 5k.
I was so totally out of shape, but I got the bug. Long story short .... Joined the club!
Very good decision !!! A club gives you support and answeres for questions you have about the sport.... and you will have questions! A ton of them!!!
My first Tri was Wildflower .... Awesome !!! If you ever get a chance to do this one .... totally recommended !!!!
My first Try was more for fun so I enjoied the whoe thing a lot!
Here is what I can say to the very first beginners..... enjoy as much as you can your first triathlon ! Past that it will be serious sport... which is a very good thing !
So, like I said, I am still a beginner getting to intermediate training plans to look forward to do my first half Ironman distance this year... maybe.
I was so infected that I thought I could do the Long Distance ( Half Ironman ) last year..... but someoneof my club was making me thinking.....
I just don't want to do that distance ... I want to do it good! So for this season I will see how it goes with the Olympic and than later in the year I will decide if I am ready for more.
For the very first beginers of Triathlon: This is a very tough sport with alot of fun involved. Don't be shy to ask somebody if you have any questions.... there is so much to learn!!!

Enough of me... gotta go. Looking forward to hear from you, you awesome triathlete!

Cheers,

Chris

2015-02-07 11:12 PM
in reply to: christianhund

User image

Master
Chapel Hill, NC
Subject: RE: Hello from Grass Valley (Gold Country), California !
Welcome to this great website and to the fun sport of Triathlon. It sounds like you have found a good groove already, and are well on your way to accomplish your half iron goals. Keep up the great spirit!

2015-02-09 7:16 PM
in reply to: triblogcarol

User image

Grass Valley, California
Subject: RE: Hello from Grass Valley (Gold Country), California !
Thanks Carol!
You are right. This is a very good website.... specially for keeping track of what you have done.

Cheers,

Chris
New Thread
General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » Hello from Grass Valley (Gold Country), California ! Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

Hello from Arizona - San Tan Valley/Southeast Valley AZ

Started by aramos922
Views: 849 Posts: 4

2010-10-29 3:07 PM JKLipsky

Hello all from sunny Southern California.........

Started by skydvrusn
Views: 424 Posts: 3

2006-02-17 9:08 AM Little Tom

Hello from California

Started by prr88
Views: 615 Posts: 5

2006-01-03 4:04 PM prr88

Hello from Southern California

Started by mfpoppins
Views: 733 Posts: 9

2005-01-05 6:51 PM mfpoppins

HI, NOOB FROM CASTRO VALLEY CALIFORNIA